I think it is important to get interactive in classes. I enjoy getting questions as they help navigate and clarify points. My goal is not only to teach or consolidate knowledge, but also to make people develop interest in the concepts and ideas as they are learning them. Above that I hope I can help people connect concepts with context and develop a skilled mindset to approach problems. I aim to provide assistance to help people advance which in turn enhances my communication and interpersonal skills.
Generally if students have their materials from school or online, I would base on these to consolidate knowledge and extend from these to share what I know. Or if students prefer, I will make other plans to cover the contents comprehensively. With Science subjects I tend to break down and correlate concepts so that students can thoroughly understand and grasp the idea. I give lessons to any level of studies from primary school students to adults as I will try my best to accommodate and modify my style.
As an international student from Hong Kong, I can speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin. My undergraduate degree was Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences in the University of Hong Kong with a Second class of Honour (Division One) and I am currently doing Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery in Edinburgh. I have 8 years of tutoring experience on various subjects ranging from language to science, including Chinese, English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I have taught 7 students with different levels of ability and paces of learning.
- University of Edinburgh (2017 – Current): Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Year 3
- University of Hong Kong (2015 – 2019): Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.13 - Second Class of Honour (Division One);
Final Year Dissertation: Molecular Control of Cellular Differentiation in Synovial Joint Formation
DISTINCTIONS & AWARDS
- HKDSE result: English 5** ; Chinese 5* ; Biology 5* ; Chemistry 5*
- Medical Dean’s Scholarship (Sept 2015)
- High Distinction in Secondary School Mathematics & Science Competition (July 2014)
- 2nd Class Honour in Hong Kong Biology Olympiad for Secondary Schools (Jan 2014)
- Private tutor (Sept 2011 – Current)
- Student Research Assistant in School of Public Health, the University of Hong Kong (Sept 2018 –Sept 2019)
- Group Leader in School of Biomedical Sciences Summer Camp, the University of Hong Kong (July 2017)
- Lab Internship for School of Biomedical Sciences, the University of Hong Kong (June – July 2017)
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|