- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Cello performance, on both acoustic and electric Cello. I strongly recommend that my pupils start on a standard acoustic cello before progressing to an electric instrument.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Scholarship to Yehudi Menuhin's music school where I was a full-time pupil for 6 years.
- Scholarship to study cello performance for 4 years at the Royal Northern College of Music, where I gained a first class B.Mus degree and won the Barbirolli, Nossek and Weil prizes.
- Bursary to study for postgraduate P.G.Dip. in cello performance at the Royal Academy of Music, where I gained a distinction and a college Foundation Award.
- LRAM cello teaching qualification at the Royal Academy of Music.
- How much do you charge?
My fee is £30 for a 1 hour lesson and £25 for a 45-minute lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my home in Pinner. My pupils come from the Pinner - Harrow - Northwood - Ruislip - Hatch End - Stanmore areas.
- My home is within easy walking distance of Pinner tube station (Metropolitan line).
- Also, buses from Northwood, Harrow, Hatch End, Stanmore etc. stop right outside.
- There is also a free car cark for residents and visitors.
- When are you available?
I am generally available during both weekdays and at weekends, daytime or evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and abilities. My youngest pupil is five years old and I teach young children, teenagers and adults. Some of my pupils study for school and college music scholarships, some for ABRSM grade examinations - and some play the cello purely for fun!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching both privately and at schools for approximately 6 years. I am currently the cello teacher at both Orley Farm preparatory school and The John Lyon secondary school in Harrow. Many of my pupils gain distinction level in ABRSM grade examinations.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. This is a requirement for my school teaching work.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have studied with some of the world's leading string players. At the Yehudi Menuhin School I was taught by Louise Hopkins - and had some instruction from Yehudi Menuhin himself; at the RNCM I was lucky enough to be taught by the world-renowned Ralph Kirshbaum; at the Royal Academy of Music I was again fortunate to have as tutors two very well known cellists: Colin Carr and Philip Sheppard.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Musicians' Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
One of my pupils gained a place to study cello performance at an American university and another was accepted by the Royal Academy of Music junior department. Many of my students gain distinctions in ABRSM grade examinations.
cello lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|