My teaching method is to identify what the student is struggling with the most and go through these problems together by answering exercise questions and past paper exam questions so that the student becomes more familiar with how to answer the question and what the examiner is asking for to get the best marks in an exam. I also prepare homework for the students to complete in their own time.
Cellular and Molecular Medicine student at the University of Bristol. I have a year of volunteer experience in teaching at the Andalusia Academy in Bristol, tutoring students one-to-one KS3 and up to GCSE level Biology, Physics and Mathematics every weekend, 2 hours every Saturday. I have 3 months of work experience at Bristol Tutors, at the moment I am tutoring several students in KS3/KS4 and up to GCSE level in Science and Mathematics every week, hourly lessons.
The first lesson is free, the student is charged £20 on all other lessons.
Cellular and Molecular Medicine student, experienced in scientific writing, research methodology and 4 years’ experience working in laboratory environment at University during practical work and voluntary. My 3rd-year project is based on mesenchymal stem cells and tissue regeneration. Demonstrated strong communication and listening skills during my volunteer work in healthcare at the NHS and in various community projects based on sustainability. Thank you for taking the time to read my resume and please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.
The University of Bristol (2 years) (2018 – to present)
BSc Cellular and Molecular Medicine.
• 3rd year units: Frontiers in Infectious Diseases, Medical Microbiology Regenerative Medicine, Stem cell transplantation and Research Skills.
The University of the West of England (2 years)
(Start: Sep 2016- End: June 2018)
BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science with foundation year (1st) – completed with a first class. 1st year units: Anatomy and Physiology (65%), Cell Biochemistry and Genetics (77%), Pathophysiology of Disease (73%) and Biomedical Skills (84%).
St Mary Redcliffe Sixth Form, Bristol: (Start: Sep 2015 - End: June 2017)
A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. AS-Levels: Pure Mathematics.
Sir Bernard Lovell Secondary School: (2016) GCSEs: 9 GCSE’s including English B, Mathematics A, 3 Biology, Chemistry and Physics all grade A.
Bristol Tutors, Private Tutor
(Jan 2020 to present)
• Assessing student learning needs and weakness areas, referring to library sources, explaining theory, answering to student inquiries, helping with assignments, and recommending learning methods.
University of Bristol Laboratory Efficiency Assessment Volunteer (LEAV) (Nov 2019 – to present)
• Conduct lab assessments in line with LEAF criteria. This will involve liaising and making inquiries with lab users, as well as interviewing them during the audits/assessments.
• Running sustainability clinics for Green Labs, advising researchers on how to reduce their labs' environmental impacts and how to get accreditation
• Assisting labs with tasks associated with the progression of their Green Laboratories program.
Specsavers, Optical Assistant (July 2015)
• 2 weeks work experience – handled pre-tests using the latest eye test machines, assessing stock and organising frames.
West Of England MS Therapy Centre, Volunteer Oxygen Treatment Chamber Operator
• 1 Week work experience - Assigned to operating the oxygen chamber and patient administration. Developed excellent administration skills and technical skills working the machine.
Southmead Hospital, Adult and child workforce volunteer (December 2015 – June 2017 )
• Communicating with all levels of staff and working as a team with the healthcare assistant to deliver food and beverages while showing compassion and sympathy for patients in care. Developed strong communication skills.
• Responding to questions and directing visitors to the services and sources to support in a friendly and helpful manner. Acted responsibly while working and collaborating with members of staff.
MHA Hartcliffe – Nursing Home, Adult workforce volunteer (May 2015 - December 2015)
• Caring for all aspects of elderly residents’ health and wellbeing. Coordinating entertainment programmes.
Randstad – Notetaker (Sept 2019)
• Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions.
• Producing accurate and legible handwritten notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks.
Spice Up Your Life, Assistant Manager (May 2015 – June 2019)
• Dealing with a wide variety of customers, handling the till and card transactions while providing a professional, courteous service to all customers. Acquired leadership skills as acting up as an assistant manager. Book-keeping accounts and using Microsoft Excel for data entry for accounts. Developed exceptional organisational skills.
• Designed labels and posters using Microsoft Office Word to attract more customers and providing a Point Of Sale (POS). Developed strong IT skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Intermediate skills in designing using Autodesk Inventor.
• Exceptional programming skills using Python and Raspberry Pi.
• Excellent skills in using a 3D printer.
• School Plus is a volunteering programme which aims to tackle educational disadvantage through placing university students in schools as tutors to provide extra support to pupils. – my duties were tutoring on KS3/KS4/GCSEs in Science and mathematics to pupils 2 hours a week every Saturday.
Awards and Achievements
• Raised £500 to raise awareness for poverty in Bristol by creating a video. Awarded ‘best video’.
• Certificate of achievement in ‘Sustainable Futures.’
• Certificate of achievement in ‘Innovation and Enterprise’.
• Hold a current driving license.
• Tae Kwon Do - Achieved black belt and do
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|