- Hourly rate £20
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 13
Certified Graphic and Media Design Lecturer based in Southend-on-Sea provides private and group lessons in Adobe Creative Suite, design theory, UX design and User-Centered research methods.
- at your home
- By webcam
About the lesson
Hi! My name is Maria, and I am a friendly Graphic and Media Designer with more than 7 years of professional experience.
I provide lectures in Graphic Design, Illustration, User Experience and Fine Art Basics, teaching those who are completely new to this role, or expanding your knowledge if you already work in Graphic Design or similar industry.
What to expect:
- Need personal approach? Providing the lessons at my home or your place, we can customise the pace of lectures to make sure you understand every single detail.
- Want to study in a group? We organise casual design lectures and drawing sessions in local cafes.
- Need to be flexible? All the courses will be customised to suit your needs, abilities and time limitations. Skype video courses are available as well.
- Have questions related to your personal projects? You are always welcome to ask them!
In Graphic Design Course, you will learn:
- The basics of layout, colour, typography and composition (beginners)
- Subject research methods (rapid prototyping / brainstorming / mind maps)
- How to use the design tools to create effective mockups and prototypes
- Illustration and character design
- The basics of web and mobile design
- The basics of branding/advertising
- Printed media: how to make leaflets/posters/newspapers
- From pencil sketch to digital: how to make your work screen-friendly
- Software lessons: Adobe Illustrator/ Adobe InDesign / Adobe Photoshop / Sketch
- Finishing and publishing your digital projects: how to get them noticed
In Fine Art Basics, you will learn:
- An introduction to art history: from the caveman drawings to street art
- Art techniques and mediums
- Colour, light and shadow
- Academic drawing and painting : how to work with pencil / gouache, depicting the realistic composition
- digital tools: using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator to post-produce or pre-make your artwork
In UX Basics, you will learn:
- Design thinking strategies: sketching and brainstorming
- User-Experience: subject theory
- Research methodology: improving your product and making it useful
- UX vs. UI : how to create a great interface with users in mind
To book the courses, you must:
- be 16 years or older
- be willing to complete the tasks during every lecture
- have a PC or Mac
- have a basic design stationery (metal ruler / HB pencil / fine liner / sketch pad / colour markers)
Feel free to get in touch at any occasion!
- Graphic design
- Adult education
For the last few years, I have taught more than 30 students (both in groups and one-to-one sessions) of contrasting experiences and professional backgrounds. As the result, they all remained happy with the gained knowledge and were able to successfully apply new skills on practice.
Excellent! Really enjoying my lessons with Maria! She is really good at explaining things and understands well my needs. Really excited about all she has to teach me!
- Maria's response : Great experience working with a creative and patient student Veronica! Still continuing the course and making a significant progress:)
View more reviews
- 5h: £80
- 10h: £150
- + ££5
Express - 20 hours
In-Depth - 45 hours
Fine Art Basics: 30 hours
UX Basics: 25 hours
Please Note! All the courses can be customised to your preferences and abilities.