- Hourly rate £28
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Ed - Charlton Park - Piano
- at their home
- at your home
- By webcam
Ed is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I am a professional musician and experienced teacher keen to develop technique and musicality in each student. I bring a broad range of experience in different musical styles and expertise to support ABRSM, Trinity, GCSE and A Level exams.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Composition (including GCSE and A-Level)
Music Technology (including A-Level)
Notation (including Sibelius)
Production, mixing, recording (including with Logic Pro)
Genres & styles:
• Pop, Rock, Dance (song-writing & production)
• Film/Media soundtracks
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MMus (Distinction) in Composition (Royal Academy of Music)
BMus (Hons) First Class in Composition (Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama)
LRAM Teaching Diploma
ABRSM Grade 8 Theory
PRS for Music Foundation/Bliss Trust: Composer Bursary, Deutsche Bank Award: Shortlisted, Alan Bush Prize: Commended, The Seary Charitable Trust: Bursary for MMus Composition at RAM, Royal Academy of Music: Ismena Holland Award, Arts Council of Wales: Prince of Wales Advanced Study Award in Music, Royal Academy of Music: Harvey Lohr Award, St. Magnus Composers' Course: Bursary for course, Barry Amateur Choir composition competition: First prize.
ISM Registered Private Teacher status
- How much do you charge?
Hourly rates above are for students travelling to my home. Shorter lessons (45 or 30 mins) available for students able to travel to my home. Addition charges apply for lessons at student's home.
- Where do you teach?
Teaching from home (near Greenwich, Charlton, Blackheath) or at student's homes (extra charges for travel apply).
- When are you available?
Flexible teaching hours, from Monday to Saturday, day-time and evening.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
• Ages from primary school to adult
• Beginners welcome
• Study for exams including ABRSM Classical or Jazz and Trinity College London Classical or Rock & Pop
• Qualifications including GCSE Music, A-Level Music, A-Level Music Technology
• Learning purely for fun
• Short courses to focus on specific skills
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring available for score-writing using Sibelius via email.
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
My teaching experience includes:
• Tutor for A-Level and GCSE Music and Music Technology at The Conservatoire, Blackheath since October 2011
• Freelance tuition at Junior Academy (Royal Academy of Music) for secondary, GCSE and A Level students
• 6 years of one-to-one tuition for students starting at primary school age to GCSE, A Level and postgraduates and adults, working towards qualifications or purely for fun!
• School workshops for groups of 10 to 30 pupils at primary and secondary schools
• Song-writing and singing workshops for English Pocket Opera Company at primary and secondary schools across London
• Teaching as a visiting composer at schools in London, Bath and Cardiff
• Sibelius notation software tuition
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Academy of Music
Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Ed established a great rapport with our students... and assisted them in developing their art form knowledge and understanding in song writing... they were inspired by his professional expertise and we would be delighted to work with him again in the future.
All of the children who took part thoroughly enjoyed the creative process and responded well to the prompts and support that Ed gave and the final performance was absolutely fantastic.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £140
- 10h: £280