I base my lessons on practical and technical knowledge. This is all based on my technical knowledge obtained during my honors year and my practical experience obtained during articles and post qualifying as a chartered accountant.
I believe in studying smart and not hard and share with students the methods that worked for me when I studied.
I also base my lessons on research gained by reading and keeping up to date with the finance industry
I am a Chartered Accountant and have an Honors Degree with specialization in Chartered Accountancy.
I have lectured a class of 500 Accounting 100 students in 2016 at the University of Johannesburg during my academic articles.
The Accounting 100 class of 2016 managed to obtain more than 70% pass rate.
I have practical and technical experience in accounting, auditing, taxation and financial management subjects
A travel cost of R3.61 per kilometer will be added where travel is more than 10km from my place of residence.
Email Address Work (concealed information)
Email Address Personal (concealed information)
Contact Number (concealed information) (Work)
(concealed information) (Personal)
NATIONALITY South African
RESIDES Johannesburg, South Africa
EDUCATION University of Johannesburg 2010-2015
B. Com Accounting Honours with Chartered Accountancy
B. Com Accounting
Academic Article Trainee 2016
Treasurer Afslaan Men’s Residence 2012
Hoerskool Patriot (2009)
• Deputy President 2009
• Rugby captain 2009
• 1st Team Cricket 2005-2009
• U14 cricket player of the year 2005
• U14 Mpumalanga Provincial Cricket Player
• Most Progressive Player Award 2008
• Class Representative 2005-2008
• Top English Performer 2007
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS South African Institution of Charted Accountants - SAICA ( CA(SA) 2019-Present)
Pass APC(1st time) & ITC(1st time)
Hollard Insurance Company
Management Accountant, October 2019-Present
• Compilation and analysis of management accounts for the partners and to report on those accounts to the relevant partners
• Supervision of the general ledger accountant and review of the general ledger prepared by the general ledger accountant.
• Assisting in the day-to-day activities of the finance function which includes ad hoc projects from time to time
• Monitoring of daily cash balances and preparing top ups where necessary
• Review of cashbooks prepared by the cash book team
• Presenting the management accounts to the partners, EXCO and Management Committee.
• Review and assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• Assisting internal and external auditors with the audit process
• Attendance of partner and finance team meetings
KPMG Inc., Johannesburg, January 2017 - October 2019
Audit Supervisor (October 2018 – October 2019)
• Involved in the statutory audits of companies within the energy and natural resources sector in South Africa including mines and chemical companies.
• Involved in the audit of a provincial government department.
• Supervision of up to at least 3 staff on audits.
• Planning and completion of audits.
• Maintaining client relations while ensuring that independence is not compromised.
• Member of the indoor cricket team for the energy and natural resources business unit.
• Staff forum committee member.
• Energy and natural resources quarterly committee member.
• Assisting in ad-hoc projects such as listing process for clients
• Responsible for the project management on audits which includes monitoring the project expenses against the budget and ensuring the project is making profitability.
July 2018-September 2018
• Involved in the statutory audits of companies within the mining, exploration, homecare and union industries.
• Planning and completion of the statutory audits
• Financial reporting
• Supervision and coaching junior staff
• Review of financial statements
January 2016 - December 2016
University of Johannesburg
Academic Articles & Junior Lecturer
• First year of articles as an academic trainee at University of Johannesburg.
• Responsible for Accounting 100 students under the supervision of the senior lecturers who were presenting accounting 100.
• Supervision of 5 tutors for accounting 100.
• Preparing and presenting lectures to a class of 500 students.
• JSE monitoring of listed companies under the supervision of the senior lecturers responsible for the monitoring process, this involved inspection of the financial reporting of companies and their compliance with the relevant accounting laws and regulations pertaining to financial reporting.
• Research and presentation of an accounting topic to the lecturers in the accounting department.
• Preparing content for tutorials.
• Presenting tutorials.
• Setting of exam and test questions.
Hobbies and Interests
• Cricket Player for Pirates Cricket Club
• Road running
• Weight lifting
• Reading newspapers
• Watching sport
• Coaching and mentoring university students and young children
• Chairman of Pirates Cricket Club (June 2019- Present)
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, financial management lessons for all!
Taking ICAEW lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£7||£7|
|5 hours||Not available||£30||£37|
|10 hours||Not available||£50||£75|