I have a degree in mathematics and would be looking to give lessons to secondary school students. Chess is for everyone and accountancy is to an advanced level (post degree).
I use methods such as chatting through Skype and screen sharing to focus on problems.
I take a consultative approach, in which I listen to the student and identify their areas of strengths and weaknesses. From there, I come up with a plan of action, to help them develop the areas they are unsure about.
I have given lessons students in chess and am looking to expand that to mathematics and accounting. I have taught both groups and individually. In accounting, I have three years of professional examinations and over 10 years of work experience.
NAME: Michael White
PROFESSIONAL: ACA (2007), Deloitte.
UNIVERSITY: Royal Holloway, MSc Information Security (2018)
University of Bristol, BSc Hons Mathematics (2003)
SCHOOL: Pates Grammar School (2000)
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, General Studies
* Chess – FIDE master
SOFTWARE: Intermediate Excel Skill (pivot tables, basic macro); Fully comprehensive skills for Regulatory Reporting Functions, Member of Expert Excel Forum (ICAEW), Business Objects, Office (Including Extensive use of Outlook, Access, Word and Excel), Introspect, I2,AS2, Sage, Viztopia, Digita, Visio.
FORENSIC SKILLS: Know Your Client and “Take On Procedures” , Report writing, Analytical Skills, Attention to detail, Working in intensely time pressured environments.
DATES: EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Sep 2017 – Present Royal Holloway
MSc Information Security
* Secure Business Architectures
* Security Technologies
* Introduction to Cryptography and Security Mechanisms
* Security Management
* Cyber Crime
* Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Electronic Commerce
Apr 2017 – Aug 2017 Readeasy
Nov 2014 – Mar 2017 CAREER BREAK
Apr 2014 – Oct 2014 Financial Conduct Authority
FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR – RETAIL ENFORCEMENT ASSOCIATE
* Advised on aspects of investigations, including workstream and gathering of evidence.
* Drafted and reviewed documents, providing evidential analysis.
* Assisted in the preparation of cases for presentation at the Regulatory Decisions Committee.
Sep 2013 – Jan 2014 Deloitte UK
FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT MANAGER CONTRACTOR
Independent skilled-person team, appointed as part of the FCA review of Interest Rate Hedging Products (IRHP) mis-selling to high-street customers.
* Performing case-by-case assessment of complexity, validity and quantum of mis-sold IRHPs.
* Evaluating restructuring alternatives from customer file investigation to support redress.
* Recommending replacement IRHPs and preparing customer communications.
Feb 2013 – Jun 2013 Ahli United Bank, UK
REGULATORY AND PROJECT ACCOUNTANT CONTRACTOR
* FSA Regulatory Reporting, FSA 047/048 Returns.
* Liquidity Risk, inc ILG/LAB monitoring and substantiation of variances.
* Daily Capital RAR (Risk Weighted Asset Reporting).
* Reconciliations to General Ledger
Oct 2012 – Feb 2013 Newedge
REGULATORY REPORTING CONTROLLER
* Produced the weekly FSA047/048 liquidity returns.
* Liaised with front office, operations, finance, risk and IT teams to resolve issues arising from production efficiently and effectively.
Apr 2012 – Jul 2012 Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International plc
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT CONTRACTOR
* Came on board to prepare the daily large exposure calculations under FSA rules, mainly using Excel & Access.
* Exercised due care and diligence; monitoring issues and escalating minority reports at an early stage.
May 2011 – Nov 2011 Macquarie Bank, London
REGULATORY ANALYST CONTRACTOR
* ‘High Cultured’ leadership of a global offshore financial services unit of 3 – 5 people, based in India.
* ACA Project Support; international tax reporting mapping project, with Microsoft Visio.
Oct 2010 – May 2011 JP Morgan Chase, London
REGULATORY LIQUIDITY REPORTING ANALYST
* Maintained a thorough knowledge of BIPRU and the “Strengthening liquidity standards” FSA document.
* Direct Involvement on FSA 048, FSA 047 and FSA 052.
* Complex Suspense Account reconciliation.
* Provider of adhoc software training to Middle Office.
Dec 2009 – Oct 2010 Royal Bank of Scotland, London
REGULATORY ACCOUNTANT CONTRACTOR
* Process Change and Transformation; during contract, significantly cut the turnaround time of the daily flash reporting from c7 hours to c3.5 hours through a methodical value add process, of analysis, planning and implementation. This incorporated the use of the BIPRU.
* Reconciliation Accountant on the Project team for Qlikview.
* SONAR quarterly testing and GBM response to Internal Audit.
* Business Continuity; GBM Team liaison.
* Daily Market Risk Reporting.
Oct 2009 Clifford Chance LLP, London
FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT CONTRACTOR
* Supporting the director and lawyers on a Corruption investigation.
Jun 2009 – Oct 2009 Chess – Playing International Chess Tournaments as a FIDE master.
Feb 2009 - Jun 2009 Deloitte LLP, Bristol
AUDIT ASSISTANT MANAGER
* Field manager on PLC clients.
* Worked on large pension scheme audits.
* Worked above grade on performing Audit file reviews.
Jun 2008 - Feb 2009 Deloitte LLP, London
FORENSIC ASSISTANT MANAGER, London (secondment until Feb 09)
* OFAC Sanctions. Liaison with technical experts outside an accounting background. Manager of 5+ people.
* Performed detailed Email Reviews in a corruption investigation.
Jun 2006 - Jun 2008 Deloitte LLP, Bristol
AUDIT ASSISTANT MANAGER Jan 2007 – Jun 2008, SENIOR ASSOCIATE Jun 2006 – Dec 2008
* Substantial involvement in graduate recruitment.
Apr 2004 - May 2006 Hazlewoods LLP, Cheltenham
BUSINESS SERVICES ASSOCIATE – PRIVATE ACCOUNTS AND TAX PLANNING
Dec 2003 – Mar 2004 Zurich Financial Services, Cheltenham
PENSION SCHEME ADMINISTRATOR
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|