- Hourly rate £19
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
A Chartered Certified Accountant and Top Affiliate offering lessons for ACCA students
- By webcam
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Abdul Rehman will be happy to arrange your first Accounting lesson.
About the lesson
Being a chartered accountant myself i happen to have a keen eye on all the relevant details about a topic. I have been teaching students back in my home town with this detail oriented approach and they seemed quite satisfied with it. I prefer to use real life scenarios while explaining a topic, hence a more interactive session with my students.
- Financial management
- AS Level
About Abdul Rehman
I'm 3rd Top Affiliate for Dec 2018 session of ACCA. I also happen to have a distinction in Advanced Financial Management (P4 exam of ACCA). Moreover, i have done my bachelors in applied accounting with first class honours from Oxford Brookes University.
Perfect! Very intuitive teacher!!
- Abdul Rehman's response : A hardworking individual.
Perfect! Abdul helped me to prepare for my Finance Exam with the topic Forex Trading/ Future Options/ and M&A. He explained everything very detailed and patient which was good because I didn't understand about the topic at all. He is very engaged in using his time to really understand the problem. I highly recommend Abdul as Tutor.
- Abdul Rehman's response : Kristina is a very passionate and hardworking person. Thoroughly enjoyed my session with her and i wish her all the best for all the future endeavours.
Perfect! Thank you so much Abdul Rehman, you are an excellent tutor, and you have a full understanding of Finance principles.
- Abdul Rehman's response : A fairly hardworking and passionate guy. Got great knack for learning. Enjoyed my sessions with him.
Perfect! Abdul is a dedicated and great professional. He accepted to tutor me on short notice and helped me with my doubts. :)
Perfect! Abdul is an excellent tutor. He has an amazing knowledge about accounting and finance. Additionally, he is extremely patient and polite, also really flexible and always happy to move the session, even if it is the last minute call.
- Abdul Rehman's response : Justynna is a very avid learner and has a great knack for learning new things n skills. I wish her all the best for all her future endeavours.
Perfect! His knowledge is great, very good understanding and explanation of management and finance topics
- Abdul Rehman's response : Dinesh has got a great knack for learning and this makes him a great student. I wish him the best for all of his future endeavours.
Perfect! Abdul is absolutely awesome! He explains concepts in a very clear way and with the right amount of detail. He makes me feel relaxed and confident about complex subjects and his knowledge is without question. I would absolutely recommend him as a tutor.
- Abdul Rehman's response : Mara is a very hardworking person, her approach to the questions is really good. I thoroughly enjoy my sessions with her. I wish her all the best for her future endeavours.
Perfect! Very friendly and has a deep passion in wanting to share his knowledge with others, I definitely recommend.
Perfect! Abdul explains topics clearly and makes sure you grasp the concepts. He breaks down calculations and makes it easy to follow. Very patient and helpful.
- Abdul Rehman's response : A very dedicated person and a keen learner. Thoroughly enjoyed my sessions with him.
Perfect! Abdul is very patient and explains the concepts and practicalities concisely. 10/10 highly recommended
- Abdul Rehman's response : Alex is a very committed person. Got a great knack for learning. I wish him all the best.
Perfect! Abdul Rehman’s teaching style is absolutely amazing. He ensured I understood each topic properly before moving on to the next one and has created a schedule to cover all topics before the exam. Would definitely recommend
Perfect! Very good tutor easy to adapt to different needs of students, flexible and very knowledgable. He can simplify complex topics and make then easy to understand. Very good communication as well.
Perfect! Abdul is a fantastic tutor! He is very clear with his explanations making it easier for me to understand the various topic areas. Thank you Abdul.
- Abdul Rehman's response : A very hardworking and passionate for learning personality. All the very best for the future endeavours.
Perfect! Mr. Abdul is very helpful and always available. He makes complicated question very easy to understand and if there anything you didn't understand during the lesson you can message him and he responds almost immediately.
Excellent! A diligent and professional tutor.
Perfect! Abdul Rahman is a great accounting tutor, he is knowledgable, very thorough. The lessons he taught made a noticeable difference to my son, he feels more confident and now he understand the basic concepts of accounting and even more. I highly recommend Abdul Rahman as he would not just teach the content but he relates it to real life scenarios and this would grasp the understand of accounting.
- Abdul Rehman's response : I was approached by her to help her son with basic accounting concepts and Hannan, her son, proved to be a very decent and hardworking student. He was punctual and had an urge to learn. I wish him all the very best for a bright future.
Perfect! Abdul has helped me a lot when I am panicking about my exam. He would breakdown the study plan for me and he even knows a way for me to understand things better. For example, from my lecturer slides he would open spreadsheet to show the easier method or ways for me to understand. Which I did! He is very kind in a way he kept telling me to text him anytime and don't hesitate to ask questions. And he would reply anytime as long as he is free—he cares about his students. He is very thoughtful and helpful in any kind of way. Thanks Abdul!
- Abdul Rehman's response : She is such a great learner. She has got a keen eye for the details and grasp the concepts quickly. Thoroughly enjoyed teaching her.
Perfect! Abdul is a very adaptable tutor. He is extremely knowledgeable and has spent a lot of time adapting his approach and trying to understand the way I learn in order to aid my learning. I feel far more confident after only 2 sessions
- Abdul Rehman's response : She has got a very keen eye on the concepts. All she needs is to have someone let her know where to focus and she manages the rest perfectly. I wish her all the very best for her future.
Perfect! He can explain Audit and Assurance with ease. When I am unsure of anything, he will explain it in simpler terms which makes it very enjoyable to study.
- Abdul Rehman's response : She is a punctual and a very smart person. Teaching her has been a great experience. Moreover, she is a very keen learner. Just a little more practice and she is going to do great. I wish her good luck with everything.
Perfect! Abdul is great at explaining the concepts and has no issue answering any questions I have no matter how silly they may seem to me. This is my last second paper and I am definitely going down the route of a personal tutor for my last paper also. He goes through the practise questions and ensures I have a good understanding of them. I really feel the effects/impact of having a 1 to 1 lesson rather than being in a big class.
Perfect! Good with communicating and helped me understand alot of new things.
And very professional
- Abdul Rehman's response : She has been nothing but a dedicated person. Best wishes for her.
Perfect! Abdul is an extremely dedicated tutor, his knowledge is second to none.
He has patience & the experience to explain things clearly in a straightforward manner using examples you can relate to whilst addressing any areas that need extra attention. I would highly recommend Abdul to anyone.
- Abdul Rehman's response : An extremely dedicated and a passionate person. She is always focused towards her goals. I really enjoyed my lectures with her. And i wish her all the very best.
Excellent! Abdul Rehman helped me to comprehend accounting principles I struggled with during my studies by simplifying them and provided me with ACCA notes that made me achieve a higher mark for the module. He also have experience, knowledge and passion in accounting . Highly recommended to anyone struggling with accountancy.
- Abdul Rehman's response : A very passionate and hardworking person. Lessons with her went great and she put in green efforts. I wish her all the very best for all the future endeavours.
Perfect! a great experience. Abdul knows everything inside out about ACCA paper f5 and have great knowledge. He has shared some valuable tips on how to revise and tackle the written questions that I've not known before. Thanks a lot Abdul
- Abdul Rehman's response : He’s a good person with a good grasp on concepts and an even greater knack for learning. Always willing to work hard. I wish him all the best for all his future endeavours.
Perfect! Abdul is one of the best tutors I've ever used. He explains things so clearly and uses real life examples to aid your understanding, my exam confidence has significantly grown since learning from Abdul, his notes are great too! I would highly recommend Abdul to anyone.
- Abdul Rehman's response : She’s a punctual person and a great learner too. A little bit of effort and she’s good to become a great chartered accountant in no time!
Perfect! He's the most dedicated tutor one can ever find. Humble and good with explaining things. I'd recommend him to anyone.
- Abdul Rehman's response : She is really nice and punctual. Picks up the important points well and actively takes part in the discussion. A little more practice and she will certainly do great. Best wishes for her.
View more reviews
The guy has taught me really well. It was his accomodating and interactive teaching style that gave me the confidence in my abilities. He uses interesting examples to explain the concepts and by far my go to person in case of difficulties.
Sir Abdul Rehman is a great teacher..he has a great command over the concepts ...his behaviour is so professional that he explains the concepts in a way easy to understand..the most professional tutor i have ever interacted with..i would highly recommend him as a tutor..
An amazing tutor!! It’s a great fortune have a teacher like Abdul rehman. He is one of the ambitious and excellent person i know who alway gave confidence to his students and motivate them grow. He kept his lesson effective and engage every student. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for logical and analytical mind.
The most professional yet practical tutor I have ever interacted with, not only does he has a strong grip over concepts along with strong basis but also explains the concept with practical and real life scenarios to understand them better. Very firm yet a friendly individual.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £95
- 10h: £190
For 10 Hours £18/hr
Find out more about Abdul Rehman
When did you develop an interest in your chosen field and in private tutoring?
I've always been a detail oriented person, while preparing for my own ACCA exams I always tried and focued on the daily life examples to understand the concepts. Moreover, i used to teach a few of my friends using such routine examples as well. This was when I developed an interest in teaching because interaction with other students is always helpful for them and for my own development as well.
Tell us more about the subject you teach, the topics you like to discuss with students (and possibly those you like a little less).
I've been teaching for the past few years now. The subjects i teach are Accounting( Both Financial and Cost), Audit and Assurance, Financial Management. I teach these subjects now not only because I've studied these subjects in detail but also because of the reason that I've got sufficient experience working in these fields now. So having hands-on experience and real-life examples makes me better suited to explain the concepts of these subjects.
Did you have any role models; a teacher that inspired you?
My role model has always been my own tutor Mr S.Yaqoob. He was the person who taught me the art of explaining things in a very simple way. It was his teaching techniques that helped me in becoming the nationwide place winner in Advanced Financial Management. I still am in contact with the guy, always learning from him and trying to be more like him.
What do you think are the qualities required to be a good tutor?
According to me a good tutor is not the person who has got a good grasp on his subject only. In order to be a good tutor one must be able to develop a good connection with students. So that the student is never hesitant In asking questions. A good tutor is a friend and most importantly the true mentor for his students.
Provide a valuable anecdote related to your subject or your days at school.
During my ACCA journey, I used to do some part-time freelance jobs as well. My tutor learned about this from another student of his and asked me to come work with him as his teaching assistant. The only work he used to give me when my exams were close was to sit in the room and study for my exam. So I was kind of getting paid already only for preparing my own exam. But it was this effort of his that made me realise the importance of helping out others and not compromising on studies. This is what now i try myself as well to help my students in any way I can.
What were the difficulties or challenges you faced or still facing in your subject?
Being an ACCA student the difficulty I kind of faced was with finding the most appropriate material to prepare for the exams. There are quite a few good study text providers like BPP and Kaplan. Choosing which text to use in preparing for the exam used to be very tricky. But now I try to let my students know which text is better suited for the particular exam.
Do you have a particular passion? Is it teaching in general or an element of the subject or something completely different?
When I started teaching it was because I felt I was good at explaining things. But as time passed and I interacted more with the students I realised that the satisfaction you get after you've helped out a troubled person is way too amazing. So now my passion is teaching but not just for the sake of teaching or earning money. It's because interacting with the person, providing that person with your insights and help him progress further is an amazing experience.
What makes you a Superprof (besides answering these interview questions :-P) ?
Ahh that's tricky now what makes me a Superprof. Well I guess that what makes me a Superprof is being available all the time for my students and not only during class hours. The passion for helping them progress is the key behind all of this. So yeah, availability and a never-ending thirst to help could be the key.