I look to first capture an idea of my students strengths and weaknesses. From this stage, I can look to develop a step by step plan in their progress and help students achieve their highest potential. I believe developing a teaching culture is very important and to keep my students feeling comfortable when studying.
I am a driven individual with a great passion to drive in helping students to achieve their aims. I am a chemical engineering graduate from the University of Surrey, and now currently pursuing a masters in Advanced Chemical Engineering. I also have a lot of experience in working with many different types of people from different backgrounds.
10 Chidbrook House, Tolpits Lane, WD18 6PY
Mobile: +(concealed information)78 Email: (concealed information)
A driven and independent individual that plans on pursuing a profession where I will be able to develop on my skills gained from university. Possesses very strong problems solving and interpersonal skills through participating in voluntary and extra-curricular activities. An ability to lead and strategically organise groups of people to achieve a given goal while maintaining stability and structure.
University of Surrey Guildford, UK
BEng Chemical Engineering
Grade Achieved- 2:1 (64%) 2015 - 2018
Key Modules studied:
Mathematics 1(80%), Chemical Reaction Engineering and Numerical Methods (70%), Engineering Materials and
Sustainability(80%), Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics(76%), Transfer Processes(71%) and Fluid
Westfield Academy Watford, UK
A-Levels: Mathematics – A, Chemistry – B, BTEC Science-D*D* (A*A*) 2015
GCSEs: 11 A*’s – B’s including English and Mathematics 2012
Tesco Plc, Sales Assistant August 2017-June 2018
• Demonstrated excellent customer service on a daily basis.
• Developed time management skills by learning to prioritise more important tasks in times of busyness.
• Capacity to show calmness and control when facing complaints.
Sports Direct , Sales Advisor August-October 2016
• Led sales team in the footwear department and helped achieve highest departmental profit.
• Displayed strong communication skills when relaying information between employees and customers.
Khalid Charkhi Pharmacy, Pharmacist assistant July-August 2016
• Responsible for organising chemicals and assisting the owner with running the pharmacy.
• Displayed enhanced management skills through handling the pharmacy in times where the owner was not present.
Westfield Academy, Laboratory Associate April-June 2015
• Designed experiments for pupils studying GCSE Science.
• Enhanced interpersonal skills by discussing safety procedures with teachers and then presenting these to students in a clear manner.
Voluntary Work Experience
University of Surrey Charity Week, Lead Volunteer October 21st-28th 2016
• Core team member in the University of Surrey Charity Week raising £20,000 – the highest amount in the South region - by running sponsored events, promoting at stalls and bucketing for orphans.
• Nominated as volunteer with the highest contribution over the week through dedication and optimism.
Westfield Academy, Student Mentor January 2013-June 2015
• Helped young Afghan migrants settle into school life and taught them GCSE Mathematics.
• Developed ability to show professionalism when talking to different audiences such as parents, students and teachers.
Positions of Responsibility
Promotions Coordinator of Surrey ISOC September 2016-June 2018
• Improved confidence in public speaking by talking to large numbers of people.
• Developed teamwork skills when organising and advertising events at committee meetings.
Vice President of Surrey University’s Afghan Society January-June 2017
• Co-founded the society by liaising with members of the Student Union and presenting ideas at meetings.
• Strategised annual plan in order to effectively raise funds for the society.
• Built a strong membership base of students and developed negotiating and persuading skills.
• Published in the local newspaper for achieving one of the best GCSE results in my academic year.
• Presented a skydiving certificate for jumping from 10,000 feet for charity.
• Awarded Certificate of Achievement by Massive Open Online Courses IFP School for studying the Oil and Gas course.
• Participated in the Football Stars tournament where my team secured 2nd place.
Skills and Interests
• Proficient at using HYSYS, MATLAB and currently pursuing Chemcad
• Experienced at using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficient manual dexterity while conducting experiments
• Enthusiasm for learning Languages - Farsi (fluent), GGA Arabic Stage 1
• Reading scientific-based magazines such as The Chemical Engineering Guide
Referees available upon request
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|