As a musician, I am an Organist, a Pianist, and a Guitarist. I'm currently giving Piano lessons to a friend of mine who is paying 30 pounds per hour. I also taught a neighbour how to play the Guitar for free in exchange that she did something that would benefit me as well.
As I teach these people, I don't just want them to play an instrument. I want to bring them the beauty of being able to face music at its heart, inspire them and motivate them to acquire the skill to create music from an instrument. From experience, I believe it is the sense of reaching closer to the end goal that drives a musician to learn a new piece each time. As a music teacher, I'll ensure that I scaffold my pupil(s) properly by knowing them personally, and help them achieve whatever they want to achieve from learning the Piano.
When I travel from the halls of residence, I would need to pay 2:50 pounds to get to the Aberdeen town. I would then need to travel another similar distance if a venue is even further away from the town centre, which would mean having to pay roughly another 2:50 to travel, depending on the location.
If i am able to walk to the venue, I won't include the travel cost in my rate. Likewise, I'll charge half of the cost of travel if I find that I don't need to take another form of transportation to arrive at the destination.
Though I am studying Chemical Engineering at The University of Aberdeen, I love doing anything that involves music. I started playing the Piano when I was 6 years old, and have kept it up even now at 19. I also learnt how to play the Guitar from age 9 onwards, and the Organ from 14 onwards.
On two of the instruments I play, the Piano and the Organ, I took ABRSM examinations. I got up to passing Grade 6 with a Merit on the Piano, went straight into Grade 6 with the Organ and passed with Distinction, skipped Grade 7 afterward to do Grade 8 on the Organ, and passed with Distinction. I now am currently Junior Organ Scholar for The University of Aberdeen's King's College chapel, playing for services and other events where the congregation needs music (i.e. concerts). I even got in touch to play for lord Glenarthur in Banchory on Good Friday, as he is recovering from an ankle surgery and so unable to play.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEEN, UK
Bachelors of Engineering in Chemical Engineering, 1st year student
• CAD & Communication in Engineering practice – Passed with 1st
• Fundamentals of Engineering material – Passed with 1st
• Principals of Electronics – Passed with 1st
• Finance: Risk & Investment – Passed with 2:1
• Professional skills Part 1 – Passed
Courses to study in the second semester:
• Engineering Mathematics 1
• Fundamental Engineering Mechanics
• Chemistry for the Physical Science 2
• Mathematics & Computations through programming MATLAB
CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, SINGAPORE – from 2015 to 2017
• International Baccalaureate Diploma 2017
• HL Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
• SL Economics, English Language & Literature and French
WIMBLEDON COLLEGE, LONDON UK – from 2010 to 2015
• GCSEs 2015: Mathematics (A*); Physics (A); Chemistry (A); Biology (A); History (A); Religious Studies (A); Music (A); English Literature (A); English Language (B); I.C.T (B).
• GCSE 2014: French (A*)
KINGS COLLEGE CHAPEL, UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN – 1st year of study
Junior Organ Scholar
• Attended rehearsals every Tuesday, Service every Wednesday and any Evensongs to provide music for the choir through playing the organ (i.e. Hymns, Preludes/Postludes, accompaniments etc.)
SACRED HEART CHURCH, WIMBLEDON UK – from January to July 2015
• Involved singing with the choir for Latin services, and playing the organ when requested to do so
WILD TIGER MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY, London UK – from January to March 2015
Assistant Instructor for young children in Taekwondo
• Taught class of children under 10
• ABRSM Organ Grade 8: Passed with Distinction – July 2017
• Performed Bach’s keyboard concerto in D minor, BWV 1052, first movement with the Merton Music Foundation’s String Sinfonia – December 2014
• ABRSM Piano Grade 6: Passed with Merit – November 2014
• Taekwondo Black Belt, 2nd Dan – August 2014
• Played Rugby for Old Rutlishians in the B team – from January 2013 to October 2014
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£130||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£350||Not available|