I follow a learner centered approach for my teaching. Specifically, I change the pedagogy and the pace of teaching depending of student needs and ability to grasp thing, However, in a classroom setting I follow a Flipped classroom approach where I encourage the students to read the topic scheduled for the lecture before hand which allow them to better grasp things
University of Lethbridge chemistry graduate with 5+ years’ teaching experience in both individualized and in a group/classroom academic setting. Advanced communication skills and ability to access student needs. Reliable, responsible and motivated to help students learn. Enthusiastic and easily cultivates trusting relationship with students, parents and the team members.
University of Lethbridge chemistry graduate with 5+ years’ teaching experience in both individualized and in a group/classroom academic setting. Advanced communication skills and ability to access student needs. Adept to lesson planning and classroom management. Reliable, responsible and motivated to help students learn. Enthusiastic and easily cultivates trusting relationship with students, parents and the team members.
• 5+ years of experience in mentoring/teaching graduate/undergraduate students.
• 2+ years of experience in individualized tutoring to high school students
• Critical thinker
• Fluent in English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Expertise in teaching chemistry at the both high school and university levels
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to multitask and work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent organizational, time and priority management skills
• Proficient in working with MS Office Applications (excel, word, and powerpoint)
• Have received positive feedback from students during teacher assessment surveys submitted by the students.
Research Assistant, 08/2015 to 10/2018
PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH AND CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF PUNJAB, BHATINDA, PB
• Mentored graduate and undergraduate students working on research projects.
• Prepared materials for reports, presentations and submission to peer-reviewed journal publications.
• Planned, modified, and executed research techniques, procedures, and tests.
• Conducted theoretical research to aid synthesis, analyze, modify and characterize chemical or biochemical compounds.
• Fulfilled laboratory duties including maintenance of laboratory high performance computing equipment.
• Participated in regularly scheduled group and individual meetings.
Assistant Professor, 08/2012 to 04/2013
SHRI GURU TEGH BAHADUR KHALSA COLLEGE (UNIVERSITY OF DELHI), NEW DELHI, DL
i) Teaching Duties
• Utilized innovative teaching methods to encourage student learning objectives.
• Planned appropriate and engaging lessons for both classroom and distance learning applications.
• Maintained classroom structure and student engagement.
• Consistently received positive teacher evaluations from students.
• Created new lesson plans based on course objectives.
ii) Admission Counselor Duties
• Performed volunteer work at the university help desk to counsel new students choose relevant courses.
• Assessed the eligibility of the students to enroll in various courses by careful evaluation of their previous qualifications.
Lecturer/Assistant Professor, 08/2009 to 08/2012
LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY, PHAGWARA, PB
i) Teaching duties
• Lectured on general chemistry, spectroscopy, environmental sciences to undergraduate students of engineering and architecture.
• Conducted laboratory experiments in the laboratory such as qualitative and quantitative analysis of chemical compounds.
• Modified the general education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
• Utilized standardized tests to gauge student academic level and personal aptitude.
ii) Administrative Duties
• Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues.
• Equipped students with job search skills to increase success chances.
• Helped students evaluate course choices and select relevant classes.
• Masters in Science, Physical Chemistry, 2013-2015
University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, AB
• Masters in Science, Chemistry, 2007-2009
Panjab University, Chandigarh, CHD
• Bachelor in Science (Honors School), Chemistry, 2004-2007
University of Delhi, New Delhi, DL
• Published 6 research papers in international journals.
• Participated in various teaching development activities relate to graduate student teaching assistant program at the University of Lethbridge.
• Cleared Research Fellowship exam for research funding twice with an all India ranking among first 30 candidates.
• Presented my research in number of national and international conferences held in Canada and India.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|