I prefer tutoring one to one as it enables me to identify key areas for improvement with each of my students and then give them to best possible support. By starting with an overview of a particular topic we can break it down in more depth and move on to more challenging aspects when the student is more confident in their understanding.
My degree is specifically in biological and medicinal chemistry which means I have covered organic chemistry, biochemistry, protein chemistry, cell biology and molecular biology at degree level. I also have a postgraduate certificate in educational theory and have worked in schools as a science teacher.
- Sept 2018 to June 2019: Postgraduate Certificate in Educational theory (Pass)
- Sept 2015 to Sept 2017: MA in Philosophy and Literature (Merit)
- Sept 2012 to July 2015: BSc in Biological and Medicinal Chemistry (Overall 2:2, with multiple firsts and 2:1s in lab work and coursework)
Experience (in education)
- June 2019: Working as a cover science teacher at the Norwich Steiner School teaching biology and physics
- Nov 2018 to May 2019: Placements in Diss HS and Ormiston Victory Academy teaching classes at KS3 and 4. Lessons were primarily in biology and chemistry
I've had the pleasure of knowing Jess for several years, first as a coworker and ultimately as a close personal friend. She's an incredibly hardworking and competent person who always gets the job done to the best of her ability and simply won't accept anything less. She is generous, considerate, and personable - but she's also got the strength of character to say what needs to be said and take control of a room if the situation calls for it.
I am sure she would make an excellent tutor to anyone who works with her, as I have always found that despite not having studied chemistry for nine years Jess has never failed at explaining complex ideas to me in a way that I can understand and engage with.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|