I like to let my tutees guide the content that we learn. I cover range of core subjects to cement their knowledge along with exam technique. Mostly, I hope that tutees I teach learn to enjoy their subjects and build confidence in their abilities.
I have a masters in Chemistry and am starting my PhD in Organic Chemistry this month. Previous students I have taught have improved their chemistry grades by 3 levels! I am happy to teach chemistry up to A level and other sciences and maths up to GCSE.
A level: £20/hr
1st Year PhD in Organic and Polymer Chemistry with the O’Reilly Group at the University of Birmingham
MSci Chemistry with Industrial Experience with 1st Class Hons 09/2016 – 06/2020
• Year 1: 86%, Year 2: 86%
• Year 3: Obtained a First-class average (75%) whilst working full time at F. Hoffmann La Roche in Basel, Switzerland
• Year 4 Project working for Dr Liam Cox: Novel Bioconjugation Strategies for Selective Functionalization of Flagellin for Improving Vaccine Reach and Lifespan.
• Awarded the Alfred Bader Prize for the highest achieving graduate wishing to continue on to research in Organic Chemistry.
Roche internship in Medicinal Chemistry (RiCH) at F. Hoffmann la Roche 09/2018 - 09/2019
• Daily laboratory work:
o Planned and carried out synthesis experiments to create small molecules for biological testing
o Worked with computer-aided design experts to propose novel small molecule modifications to chemical series for early stage in vitro and in vivo testing
o Analysed products made using techniques such as NMR, LCMS, TLC, IR
• Presented current work in weekly project team meetings
• Participated in student- and supervisor-led workshops on medicinal chemistry and organic synthesis
• Made and presented a poster of my work to the department as part of the RiCH poster session
• Wrote a dissertation-style report concluding work carried out during year. Marked by academics at the University of Birmingham as First-class
Callington Community College 09/2009 - 07/2016
• A Level: Chemistry (A*), Physics (A*), Maths (A), French (B)
• GCSE: 10 A*s (Including maths and English), 3 Bs
Further Science Experience
RB Challenge- Industrial Chemistry challenge at Birmingham University 06/2017
• Produced and presented a group presentation summarising research of best coating methods in visualising stains
• Consulted mentors at RB and University about progress and challenges faced
• Planned and carried out experiment to confirm research
• Awarded first prize for best group project
Work in an Epigenetics Laboratory (RILD building, Exeter) 08/2015 - 09/2015
• Shadowed lab work for a week looking at methylation of DNA in brains of Schizophrenia patients
• Learned basics of epigenetics
• Networked with other biologists at a conference led by research group about recent breakthroughs and technology in epigenetics
International Chemistry Olympiad- U.K. Round One 02/2015 and 02/2016
• Voluntary extra Chemistry paper beyond scope of A level course
• Achieved Bronze Award (2015); Silver Award (2016)
School Science Ambassador 09/2014 – 06/2016
• Lead and demonstrated extracurricular practicals
• Promoted science at open evenings for A level students, talked to parents about opportunities within science
Mini Assistant Scheme: English Teacher in St Joseph School, Morlaix 03/2015 – 04/2015
• Planned and taught English lessons for different skills ranges in a French primary school, using music and books
• Assisted in teaching in a French speaking nursery classroom during spare time
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|