Please contact me if you have any questions.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I mainly teach Chemistry and Physics to A level and GCSE students. I also cover these subjects for the International Baccalaureate. I will provide support for GCSE biology and mathematics to my students where required
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a B.Sc. in Chemical Physics, and also a Ph.D., both from the University of Edinburgh.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £30 per hour. I prefer to teach at home, and if required to travel I will charge for travelling time. Rates for groups of 2-3 students are negotiable.
- Where do you teach?
I am based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
I prefer to teach from home, as this ensures that all the resources I require are to hand. I am willing if necessary to teach at the student's home, provided it is within easy reach (about 15 minutes), and there is a suitable place for teaching.
- When are you available?
I generally teach after school, but I am often free during the day for pupils with free periods, and during school holidays. I am willing to teach on Saturday afternoons, although these lessons are more likely to be disrupted by other commitments. Please contact me to discuss my current availability
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I generally teach A level and GCSE students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I will work with students taking A level Physics or Chemistry, and GCSE Physics or Chemistry for any of the examination boards, and also for the International Baccalaureate. I also work with students taking GCSE Science.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
So much of physics and chemistry is to do with understanding the main concepts. Once you have mastered these, the detail is much simpler to grasp.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I worked for over 20 years in the pharmaceutical industry as an applied scientist, using chemical, physical and statistical techniques. Part of my job involved teaching these techniques to other scientists. I have been tutoring A level and GCSE science for four years, and I have marked A level physics papers for one of the examination boards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a DBS Enhanced certificate issued in June 2013
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in secondary education with Anglia Ruskin university.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am member of the Association for Science Education
• B.Sc. Chemical Physics, Edinburgh University
• Ph.D. in physical / analytical chemistry
• Current DBS certificate (2014)
• Association of Science Education
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|