My teaching method would be going through each topic thoroughly and if necessary go over a specific topic that the student particularly struggles with. I want to give lessons to GSCEs or A-level students specifically to Maths and Chemistry. I would like to teach with a fun and somewhat relaxed method but I find it important that the student properly learns the topic not just remembering specific examples.
I am a thorough and dedicated student for University of Bath and I am currently studying Chemistry. I am in Third year at the moment and have exceptional knowledge within Maths and Chemistry. I have never professionally tutored before although I have taught to students before within school and I am sure that I would do a great job.
Home- 43 HATHAWAY COURT, ESPLANADE, ROCHESTER, ME1 1QX, KENT
Uni term time- 8 CLAUDE AVENUE, OLDFIELD PARK, BA2 1AE, BATH
Email: (concealed information) Tel: 07(concealed information)
Third year chemistry student looking for accounting and finance work experience during my summer holiday, focused on a career in such disciplines after university. Responsible by nature and quick learner, results orientated individual.
2016– present UNIVERSITY OF BATH
- Studying Masters in Chemistry (MChem)
- Finished first year with lower second
- Finished second year with an upper second (63%)
-Second year unit results:
Inorganic synthesis, structure and reactivity- 64%
Organic synthesis, reaction mechanisms and spectroscopy- 70%
Principles of physical chemistry- 65%
Inorganic chemistry laboratory 2- 63%
Physical chemistry laboratory 2- 59%
Organic chemistry laboratory 2- 65%
Computational chemistry laboratory- 69%
Symmetry and group theory- 45%
Introduction to computational chemistry- 69%
Analytical chemistry- 50%
2003– 2016 KING’S SCHOOL, ROCHESTER
- A-level (2016) - Further Mathematics (A), Mathematics(A), Physics(B), Chemistry(B)
- Achieved Sixth Form subject prize in Chemistry
- Achieved silver award in United Kingdom Mathematics Trust (UKMT) challenge.
- AS level (2015) - Biology (B)
- GCSE (2014) – 1A*, 5As, 4Bs. The A* in Mathematics and attained two As in both English subjects.
- Completed Method of Instruction (MOI) course for Combined Cadet Force to become Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO). Learned about leadership and taking responsibility and achieved rank of Lance Corporal.
- Was part of the charity committee and helped set up multiple events within the school to raise money for charities.
- Completed Duke of Edinburgh bronze award.
- Made captain for multiple sports teams as well as Kent Elite football.
- Proficient in MS office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Efficient in SPARTAN Chemistry modelling program and have used Python coding system.
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
- 1st Team for Rugby, Cricket and Hockey at school.
- Play for Social Political Sciences and Chemistry at university in Inter-Department football league.
- Selected for Kent Elite Football and competed in tournaments in Denmark and Spain.
- Member of Poker society
- Member of Social Rugby team
- Interested in the environment, particularly sustainability within Chemistry. Also have interests in cooking and sports.
Name- Steven Parker
Email- (concealed information)
Name- Paul Stevens
Email- (concealed information)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£11|