My lessons are student led, focusing on students' weakest areas within a subject. The sessions involve going through the concepts and ideas from first principles - things a student should know at a basic level. Once they are comfortable with the concept I will walk them through exam questions that I have selected in order to test their newfound understanding. This will highlight anything that is still unclear, allowing me to identify how I must change my approach and help the student. I will set work to be done for future sessions and will mark any work submitted to me. This allows me to understand the student's exam technique and give them advice on ways to improve.
The most important thing to me is keeping an open environment in which any and all feedback is welcome. Tutoring is not only a learning experience for the student but also the tutor. If a student is bored or confused by the way I teach, I encourage them to voice their opinions so that I can change my approach. My teaching method relies on communication between the student and the tutor. This goes both ways and it is important that both are honest and value each others' opinions.
Rates vary depending on level of qualification the student wants tutoring for. The prices listed are based on secondary school tuition (ages 11-14). GCSE rates are £5/hr more and A level rates are £10/hr more than this base rate. These also apply to the bulk hour discount.
Cancellation fee is 50% of the base rate for that level. (Eg. For GCSE cancellation fee = £10, A level = £12.50)
I have had a wealth of experience in teaching from mentoring primary school children to giving private piano tutoring lessons. I have spent the last two years teaching students in various disciplines and have subsequently developed an effective, fun and engaging approach to tutoring that hopefully stirs your passion further to delve deeper into your subject. I also have a consistently strong academic record and with it, a lots of tips for exam and revision techniques, and I would love nothing more than to pass some of this on to my students.
2017 - 2021 MSci Chemistry, Imperial College London
Current Average: 70% (Minimum) - Expected First Class Honours
• Exhibited effective communication skills by explaining, supporting and defending my ideas in tutorials.
• Regularly completed experiments whilst working with various laboratory partners, often with language barriers.
• Planned practical lab experiments with careful consideration of potential risks and hazards, took responsibility to implement necessary safety measures.
2010 - 2017 The Grammar School at Leeds
• GCEs: Maths (A), Chemistry (A*), Biology (A*), Extended Project Qualification (A*)
• GCSEs: 10 A*s including Mathematics and English Language.
• Passed 11+ Exam to gain entry.
Work and Voluntary Experience
Summer 2016 National Citizenship Service, Project Manager
• Managed a team of twelve to successfully implement a Social Action Project.
• Completely renovated a local charity’s derelict outdoor space and created a garden for their clients.
• Successfully raised £250 within a week to fund the initiative.
• Completed the project within a 10-day timeframe with a very limited budget in a high-pressure environment.
Oct 2015 - Apr 2016 Leeds Chinese School Classroom Assistant, Volunteer
• Worked as a classroom assistant and helper at a community Chinese School.
• Supported teachers by helping children with classwork and producing teaching resources.
• Developed strong communication skills with children of different ages by planning activities for them to engage in.
Oct 2015 - Mar 2016 St Gemma’s Hospice, Leeds, Volunteer Shop Assistant
• Volunteered as a shop assistant serving customers and sorting donations.
• Provided customer service and took initiative in helping customers with their needs.
• Adapted well to find creative solutions for problems with stock displays and storage management.
Sept 2015 - Dec 2015 Parklands Teaching Mentor Scheme, Leeds, Volunteer
• Mentored a child in Year 6 in a primary school partnership scheme once a week for an autumn term.
• Demonstrated a wide range of interpersonal skills whilst helping a child develop their numeracy and literacy.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£115||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£100|