I am a friendly and engaging tutor who likes to ensure all box are ticked. My lessons are structured in a way that best suits the individual preference of learning whether that be explaining via diagrams or by engaging in a discussion about the topic being taught. However, I always ensure that my students come away from lessons feeling much more confident about the topics studied.
If the distance is more than 3 miles from me I would encourage webcam tutoring or an increased price to account for travelling. For a cancellation of the lesson within 36 hours of set date, I will charge £7.50 to cancel.
I have worked with a variety of age groups from 7-18 year old and have been privately tutoring for just over 3 years. I have taught in one-one environments and class-based scenarios with up to 8 students in one class.
I mainly have tutored KS3/GCSE/ Science, KS2/KS4/GCSE Maths and A-level Chemistry. Most recently I have worked on a government mentoring scheme called Aim-higher plus.
September 2016- Present University of Birmingham: M. Sci Chemistry:
Overall Year 1 Mark: 71% (FIRST)
September 2009- July 2016 Secondary School - Shireland Collegiate Academy
A Levels: Chemistry (A), Biology (A), Geography (B), AS Mathematics (C)
GCSE: 10 GCSEs and 1 IGCSE- 2A*s, 6As, 3Bs, including Math’s(A*) and English (B)
Aim higher plus Mentor: 30th October 2017 – 28th February 2018
• Part of the National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP) designed to support the government’s objectives of doubling the proportion of disadvantaged young people entering higher education by 2020.
• Create and plan lessons for the 2-hour sessions for a class of up to 10 students.
• Write reports regarding student performance and hand into in-house managers at the school working for the University of Birmingham.
• Ensure safeguarding issues do not go unreported.
• Improve student’s outlook to higher education.
• Hold a meeting with in-house managers from the University of Birmingham regarding my performance relative to criteria.
• Maintain great punctuality and standards to achieve criteria and assessment by the University of Birmingham.
• Create lesson plans to tailor my lessons to specific student needs, ensuring the best outcome.
• Liaise with parents to ensure the best academic outcome for students.
• Create slots and time for when lessons can be scheduled. (Time Management)
• Deliver my lessons in an enthusiastic, fun and interactive manner.
• Adapt my teaching style dependent on the age of students.
algebra lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||£38||£65|
|10 hours||Not available||£62||£130|