My teaching method is to start with the absolute foundations to reach an incredible understanding of the subject. I believe that if you truly understand something it becomes far easier to remember instead of remembering countless information to pass exams.
I have a degree in pure and applied chemistry and over the years have taught relatives and friends of family to help with exams this is roughly about 15-20 students all gaining A's and B's. I have had four years of practical experience in chemistry which helps me to have a deeper understanding of the subject which I can share with others.
A self-motivated and intuitive Pure & Applied Chemistry Undergraduate. Well versed in performing within a laboratory environment whilst drawing on research and analytical skills. Recognised by others for embracing and learning new subjects in a timely fashion and remaining focused on projects, which demand awareness of theoretical and practical chemistry. Demonstrates an excellent eye for detail and flair for scientific writing, as illustrated by grades for dissertation and research project writing.
• Laboratory Experiments
• Research & Analysis
• Report Writing
• Attention to Detail
• Organic, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry
• Critical Thinking
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to multi-task
• Self motivated
• Creative • Microsoft Office
• Linear Regression
• IR (Peak Identification)
• Technical Acumen
• Team Working
• Reliable and excellent time management
• Deliver presentations to a high standard
• Extremely organised
• Can do attitude
Education & Professional Development
BSc Pure & Applied Chemistry
University of Strathclyde 2014 – 2018
1st Year: Key modules
Chemistry: Principles & Practice 1 / Chemistry: Principles & Practice 2 /
Mathematics / Molecular Bioscience / Use & Abuse of Drugs in Society /
Pharmaceutical Sciences & Drug Development / Practical & Transferrable Skills
2nd Year: Key modules
Inorganic Chemistry / Fundamental Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry /
Forensic Trace Analysis & Quantitative Analytical Chemistry /
Practical Physical & Applied Chemistry & Chemical Analysis / Practical Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
3rd Year: Key modules
Physical Chemistry 2 / Intermediate Organic Chemistry & Spectroscopy /
Inorganic Chemistry, Structures & Spectroscopy / Analytical Chemistry & Drugs of Abuse /
Practical Organic & Inorganic / Practical Physical, Applied, Forensic & Analytical Chemistry
4th year Overview
Wide range of specialisation classes.
Final year dissertation: Alkaline Earth Metal Catalysed Hydroelementation: 80%
Group presentation on Hydroelementation reactions: 80%
Project on Recent Advancements in Organolithium Chemistry: 78%
Advanced Higher Grades: Chemistry / Maths
Higher Grades: Chemistry / Maths / Physics / French / English / History
King’s Park Secondary School 2008 - 2014
Royal Society of Chemistry
➢ Received an award from Strathclyde University for achieving an 80% average in first year of laboratory work.
➢ Gained 75% in Practice Physical & Applied Chemistry and Chemical Analysis in 2nd year.
➢ Gained 72% in Practical Organic & Inorganic Chemistry in 2nd year.
➢ Gained 79% in Practical Physical, Applied, Forensic & Analytical Chemistry in 3rd year.
➢ Gained 65% in Practical Organic and Inorganic Chemistry in 3rd year.
➢ Elected as School Vice-Captain (2013 - 2014).
➢ Achieved 1st place in an Under 16’s badminton tournament in 2010 and 1st place in a doubles round.
➢ Gained all 10-grades in figure skating over a 10-year period.
Jun 2015 - Present Cinema Operative Showcase Cinema
• Ensure that customers of a popular Cinema are offered a professional and welcoming service. Providing multi-faceted support to both front and back of house operations.
• Remaining up to date with listings and using this knowledge to ensure a comprehensive provision for customers with enquiries.
• Responsible for ensuring all point of sale material is correctly placed to support customer engagement and providing any insight to management as to how improvements can be made.
• Handling any customer complaints with service or products with tact and diplomacy and mitigating any further dissatisfaction through concluding in a timely manner.
• Processing transactions and bookings using the till and undertaking regular reconciliations to highlight and investigate any discrepancies.
• Trained on costa and cinema bar; This includes using the costa machine to make hot drinks and serving wine and beers from the cinema bar.
Interests Include: Figure Skating / Badminton / Fashion / Photography / Music
Full, Clean UK driving license
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school science lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£12|