I support young people and adults with emotional and stress management, goal setting, meditation, relaxation, conflict resolution and healthy eating.
Sessions can be accessed either face to face or via skype/zoom and last approximately 50-60 minutes per session (although this can be flexible depending on requirements), with each session following a specific and step by step approach at your pace.
I am a qualified senior mental health nurse with extensive experience and knowledge of working with children and adolescents over several years, in addition to also working age adults upto age 65 years.
I have supported many young people with (not exhaustive) anxiety, low self-esteem, depression and lack of focus to achieve their GCSE's and higher educational goals, manage their emotions more effectively, teach young people how to have a better quality and focused life.
I am flexible in my approach and welcome sessions either face to face or online via Skype or zoom.
I am happy to offer a discount to people who block book sessions of either 5, 10 or 15. Please feel free to enquire directly.
The inital session will be an assessment of the persons needs/requirements, in which either a personalised plan or signposting will be recommended.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• In depth understanding of the Mental Health Act.
• Experience of working in acute care and crisis both in-patient and community services.
• Experience of working with working age adults and adolescents.
• Teaching other professional (in and outside agencies) regarding deliberate self-harm, mental and physical health, risk and care planning.
• Teaching of trainee nurses – of the above and also as an assessor of their capabilities.
• Knowledge and experience of mental and physical health needs, in addition to the current the education system and the relation/impact all three domains can have on each other.
• Experience of various projects including the safe haven project and the implementation of cognitive and dialectical behavioural therapy.
• Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Able to manage and care coordinate complex and challenging caseloads.
• Experience of providing one-to-one and group care/family work.
• Proven organizational and administrative ability
• Preparing and maintaining accurate client records.
• Able to identify risk factors of the client and others, including suicidal ideation, intent, planning, deliberate self-harm and of harm from others.
• Able to implement various therapeutic approaches according to client needs.
• Valid NMC PIN
• Registered RMN
• CRB Cleared
• British Psychological Association graduate membership.
• Mentorship (MSc) – completed.
• CBT for children and adolescents – completed.
• STEPPS training – for CAMHS completed and now qualified to facilitate STEPPS groups.
• Self-harm workshop facilitator – Delivering information and practical advice/support to schools across the county.
BSc Psychology - University of Cardiff (Glamorgan campus 2001 – 2005).
BSc Mental Health Nursing - University of Surrey.
STEPPS (Emotional Management for Children and adolescents) Facilitator Course - Brighton University (2015)
CBT for adolescent trained – in-house training via SABP NHS (2014)
Diploma - Nutritional Adviser (2015)
Other areas of interest and/or experience:
• Dual Diagnosis.
• Emotional/Behavioural dysregulation – Qualified STEPPs facilitator (DBT).
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – CBT Facilitator trained – in house.
• Dialectical Behavioural Therapy.
• Eye Movement Desensitisation Therapy.
• Metallization Based Therapy.
• Self-harm/Crisis intervention and young people – Facilitated workshops to various schools countywide.
positive thinking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest stress management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, personal coaching lessons for all!
Taking life coaching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£60||£40|