. I am happy to tutor primary or secondary school age , helping prepare pupils for exams . I have a good sense of humour which hopefully keeps children/ young people engaged and am flexible. My core strengths are good communication skills and the ability to fit with students preferred learning method
Currently working as a learning mentor within a secondary school. Have previous experience of working with children in eurocamp , keeping children entertained. Passionate for literature, creative writing and poetry . I enjoy seeing pupils becoming more confident, setting goals and achieving
A recent Media and English graduate with a 2:1 honours degree from Goldsmiths College, University of London, looking to gain experience in and educational environment to utilise my current skills, such as subject knowledge, time-management, and critical thinking, and help me to further develop these skills and acquire further skills related to teaching in a practical and professional environment.
My aim is to carry out a PGCE or other education-related training once I have acquired the necessary experience and become a teacher, as it is something I have wanted to do for several years.
Goldsmiths College, University of London
2:1 BA (Honours) Media and English
Key Skills gained:
• Oral and written skills in effective communication and argument.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking, with a conscientious approach to managing workloads.
• Ability to plan, negotiate and carry out individual and group projects and presentations.
• Capacity for independent thought, reflection and judgment.
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations.
• Ability to comprehend and develop intricate ideas, apply a variety of theoretical positions and weigh the importance of alternative perspectives.
• Research skills, including the ability to gather, sift and organise quantities of diverse material and evaluate its significance.
• IT skills, s flexible and independent approach to tasks, the ability to work to a brief and meet deadlines.
High Baird College
BTEC: Media Production - Distinction, Distinction, Merit.
Sacred Heart Catholic College
(2004 - 2009)
8 GCSEs, grade A-C including Maths and English
Learning Mentor- Range High , Formby, Liverpool
Sept 17 to present
Supporting pupils with physical and emotional difficulties
Helping them to achieve and set outcomes
Helping pupils to build self confidence and self esteem
Liasing with teachers/ families and others involved in the childs life .
Helping devise strategies for challenging behaviour .
Helping to develop learning plans
Removals Person, Gentleman and a van. London
(August 2015 – December 2015)
• Improved Customer service skills.
• Required perseverance and self-motivation due to physically demanding nature of the role.
• Was a reputable company, and I upheld a high standard or appearance, customer engagement, work rate and time-management.
Holiday Park Courier, Eurocamp. France.
(July 2014 – September 2014)
• Cleaning to a professional standard.
• Engaging with customers, tending to their needs, dealing with any complaints.
• Helping train new team members in key competencies.
• Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of key health and safety standards used within the industry.
• Adapting to ever changing customer demands.
• Carrying out minor repairs.
Hobbies & Interests
I have a keen interest in film, though my real passion is for writing and literature; I am due to have a story published in one of my university’s magazines for which a received a first in my creative writing module. This is a large part of what motivates me to want to get in to teaching; to develop a love for a subject, though not necessarily literature and writing.
I also play the guitar, tin whistle and banjo.
Reference Details: Adam Mars-Jones, Tutor, (concealed information)
Philip Palmer, Tutor, (concealed information)
Address for both: Goldsmiths College, 8 Lewisham Way, New Cross, London SE14 6NW
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||£17||Not available|