My name is Camillus BAI, I'm 29. I'm a native-born Chinese, my hometown is Chengdu, China. My highest diploma is Master degree. I live in Paris since September 2016.
I have 5 years' experience on teaching Chinese language and preparing for exams. In the same time, I've organized the conferences in university on various elective subjects of Chinese culture.
Chinese is my mother tongue. I speak English, French, and a little Slovak, Arabic and Sanskrit.
I was conferred a Chinese teacher certificate in Chengdu, China in 2015.
I propose Chinese language class/exam preparation in all levels for adults and children.
I only accept face to face classes and no internet class. Because the quality of face to face communication is much better, and both student and me will be more dynamic.
Beside Chinese language, I also teach Chinese calligraphy and Chinese culture (history, mythology, Buddism, Taoism, etc.). I've developed my Chinese culture subjects for 4 years and once presented them in SKEMA Business School during one year. When you learn Chinese with me, you can also learn my programs of Chinese culture. It is your choice!
I master 2 Chinese instruments, the bamboo flute (Dizi/笛子) and Guqin (古琴). I'm not yet ready to offer class for these instruments regarding some technical/cultural obstacles are difficult to overcome. But if you are interested, I'm happy to explain to you and give you some instructions.
I also practice Chinese martial arts (Jeet Kune Do) since 6 years. We can also talk about it, but in consideration of its danger, I'm not willing to offer class for it.
I'm here waiting for you with impatience! Let's start our cultural journey!
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Camillus BAI will plan your first lesson with care.
5 years' teaching experience, gived classes in China (Shanghai, Chengdu and Suzhou) and in Europe (Paris, France and Prešov, Slovakia)
I've designed different teaching resources for adult, child and also for university/community
During one year, I've organized conferences on different subjects of Chinese culture in SKEMA Business School (Grande-École), and several presentation for senior manager/entrepreneur in Shanghai, China.
« GENERAL CONDITIONS »
1. These conditions only apply to Île-de-France
2. Student can pay from SUPERPROF (recommended), Lydia (recommended) or cash
3. In case of paying from SUPERPROF, the student should accept the class proposition made by professor 24h before the start of the class.
(Ex. One student ask for a class at Saturday 10:00, when the professor propose the class on SUPERPROF, student should accept the proposition before Friday 10:00)
4. Student can pay a package of hours (Ex. 5h or 10h), the professor should always write the payment on the “payment situation” for each student
5. Student can always ask the professor to send the payment situation to him. The professor should send the “payment situation” to each student one time per month
6. The minimum payment is 12€/30min. If the student ask for a period less than 30min, the payment is still 12€
(Ex. A class of 45min costs 24€, a class of 1h20min costs 36€).
7. The professor doesn’t have the right to shorten a class, otherwise the student can refuse to pay for the class
(Ex. For a class of 10h00 -11h00, if the professor stop the class at 10:53, he should refund the total price to his student).
8. When the class is finished, if the student still has some questions, he can ask the professor to extend the class for an extra 5min.
9. If the student refuses to pay for the class, the travel fee, or any penalties regarding the negative situations of “cancellation of class”, “ modification of class ”, or “be late of class”, or any other serious situations, the professor reserve the right to stop the class definitively
10. In the period of one month, if the student cancels the class under 24h for 2 times or more, equivalent 4h of class or more, the professor reserve the right to stop the class definitively
11. In the period of one month, if the student is late for a class in total 120min or more, or be late for a class between 30-60min 2 times or more, the professor reserve the right to stop the class definitively
12. If the student tries to seduce the professor or even proceed an sexual harassment, the professor will stop the class immediately
« TARIFF »
I. CLASS :
1. Chinese language class
(1). One student = 24€/h
(2). Several students (less than 3)= 18€/h/student
2. Preparation of HSK exam:
(1). HSK 1-3 : one student = 24€/h, several student (less than 3) = 18€/h/student
(2). HSK 4 : one student = 30€/h, several student (less than 3) = 24€/h/student
(3). HSK 5 : one student = 34€/h, several student (less than 2) = 26€/h/student
(4). HSK 6 : one student = 38€/h, several student (less than 2) = 28€/h/student
3. Other exams : the tariff is to be discussed with the professor
4. Outside of the class, student can ask the professor to work for his needs (homework, research, translation etc.), the work is for free if it takes less than 10 min, if it takes a long time, student should pay the professor a tariff of 12€/30min
II. TRAVEL FEE :
1. Paris (75) = 6€
2. Outside Paris = 12€
3. Outside Paris and the travel takes more than 1h = 24€
4. If the address is too far away, the professor reserve the right to refuse the class
(Address of reference: 3 Rue Geoffroy l'Angevin, 75004 Paris, France)
III. PRICE OF TEXTBOOK/WORKBOOK :
1. A real book = 10€
2. A printed book (A4) = 4€
3. PDF = free
« REGULATIONS AND PENALTIES »
I. CANCELLATION OF CLASS
1. The student can always cancel or shorten a class 24h before the start of a class.
2. If the student cancels a class under 24h before the start of class, he should pay a penalty=24€/h to professor, to compensate his time cost for the preparation and the loss of availability
(Ex. Cancel a class of 1h, the penalty=24€, cancel a class of 2h, the penalty=48€)
3. If the student cancels a class under 30min before the start of class, he should pay a penalty=24€/h, and also the travel fee to professor, to compensate his time cost for the preparation, the loss of availability and the time/energy cost on the transport
4. If the student shortens a class under 24h of the start of class, he should pay a penalty=24€/h to professor, to compensate his loss of availability
(Ex. Shorten a class from 1.5h to 1h, the penalty=12€, shorten a class from 2h to 1h, the penalty=24€)
5. If the professor cancels a class, all these conditions above will apply to him. In case of cancel a class under 24h, the professor should refund his student and then pay a penalty=24€/h to his student
II. MODIFICATION OF CLASS:
1. The student can always change/move the class 24h before the start of class
2. Under 24h, the student can still move the class a little later/earlier in the same day, but he cannot move a class 60min before the start of the class, this situation is considered as “be late for class” hereinafter
3. Under 24h, if the student wants to move the class to another day, it’s considered as “cancel a class under 24h”, and he should pay a penalty=24€/h, to compensate the time cost for the preparation and the loss of availability of the professor
4. If the professor wants to move a class, all these conditions above will apply to him. In the case of move a class to another day under 24h, the professor should pay the same penalty (24€/h) to his student
III. BE LATE FOR CLASS
1. If the student is late:
1-1. 0 - 10min: the professor should wait and give a class of the same duration which they initially decided. The start time of class is calculated by the moment the student’s arriving
(Ex. The class is initially scheduled 10h00 - 11h00. If the student arrives at 10h10, the professor should give a class 10h10 - 11h10, and not 10h10 -11h00)
1-2. 10 - 30min: the professor will terminate the class as initially decided, and the student should pay the same price
(Ex. The class is initially scheduled 10h00 - 11h00 but the student arrive at 10:25. The professor should give the class from 10h25 to 11h00, and the student should pay 20€ as well as a class 10h00 -11h00).
1-3. 30 - 60min: the professor can leave. And student should pay a penalty=24€/h, and also the travel fee to the professor, to compensate the time cost for the preparation, the loss of availability and the time/energy cost on the transport
1-4. When the professor arrive at the place, if the student have some troubles and cannot start the class as initially scheduled, the situation is considered as “be late for class” according to the condition “III-1-1”, “III-1-2” and “III-1-3”
2.If the professor is late:
2-1. 0 - 10min: the student should wait, and the professor should give a class of the same duration which they initially decided. The start time of class is calculated by the moment the professor’s arriving
(Ex. The class is initially scheduled 10h00 - 11h00, the professor arrives at 10h10, he should give a class 10h10 -11h10, and not 10h10-11h00).
2-2. 10 - 20min: professor should ask if the student wants to continue the class, and pay 6€ penalty to his student in order to compensate the loss of student’s availability. In the same time, the student have the right to cancel the class without paying any penalty
2-3. 20 – 30min: professor should ask if the student wants to continue the class, and pay 12€ penalty to his student in order to compensate the loss of student’s availability. In the same time, the student have the right to cancel the class without paying any penalty
2-4. 30 - 60min: the student can cancel this class without paying any penalty, and the professor should refund his student and pay the same penalty (24€/h) to him, in order to compensate the loss of his availability
2-5. When the class is started, if the professor have some physical/technical problems, which conduct a suspending of class, the situation is considered as “be late for class” according to the condition “III-2-1”, “III-2-2”, “III-2-3” and “III-2-4”
3. If the student and the professor are both late for class:
The start time of the class is calculated by the moment who first arrived, and all the above conditions apply to both of them
-Bachelor (Network Engineering) ---- UESTC
-Master of Science (International Strategy & Influence) ---- SKEMA Business School
-Certification of Chinese language teacher (City&Guilds), awarded in Sichuan University in China.
-Mandarin certification: Level A of Second Grade (二级甲等)
-Expert in Excel & Powerpoint
Perfect! Camillus est tès bon Professeur, on apprend vite et bien avec lui. Il est patient et s'adapte à tous les niveaux. Je recommende fortement !
Perfect! Camillus est un prof très agréable. Il a su rapidement évaluer le niveau de Mathéo qui revenait de Chine. Il est méthodique et rigoureux. Il a su me renseigner sur les examens du HSK. Mathéo apprécie tout particulièrement ses explications. Il trouve qu'il est efficace et rapide.
Perfect! Camillus est un excellent professeur. Très flexible, pédagogue et patient. Il sait en plus enseigner tous les niveaux: débutant jusqu’a Avancé. J’adore ses cours et les recommande vivement. Merci Camillus
Camillus est un professeur savant, il a beaucoup de connaissance sur la langue chinoise et le contexte de la culture. Si vous voulez comprendre la Chine, étudiez avec Camillus!
Camillus est une personne absolument passionnée et fabuleuse. Avec lui non seulement vous apprenez la langue mais vous approchez de très près la culture chinoise et la vie quotidienne.
J'ai rencontré Camillus en Chine et c'est un très bon pédagogue ! Je recommande vivement
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|