My name is Stephanie Peña, choreographer, teaching artist and performer. I have a masters degree in choreography. I teach beginners and intermediate dance and choreography. The age group does not matter to me. I believe anyone can learn how to dance. My method of teaching is feeling the movement and the music. Counts are not important at all. It's how you feel doing it. I am very outgoing and make class fun.
As a teaching artist, I have been teaching for four years. I assisted three ballet classes from the age of 4 to 8 at Swiss Cottage of Dance School and assisted tap dance classes from the age of 8 to 10 at 92nd street Y Harkness Dance Center. I taught salsa classes at Salsa NYC and at Positively 8th Street Festival in the Village; a festival dedicated to bring positivity to the community. Also, I held a choreography workshop for dancers/non-dancers at City university of New York City Hunter College and taught a repertoire class of my choreography. After I graduated with my bachelor, I was invited for the past two years to inspire and motivate the new young choreographers to be the best they can be.
The University of Roehampton September 2014 – July 2016
• MFA of Choreography
Graduated, The City University of New York Hunter College, August 2010- May 2014
• Bachelor of Arts in Dance Diploma
• First student to showcase her choreography abroad
Wedding Choreographer, Red Star Theatre Arts, Summer 2016
• Choreographed the bride and groom’s first dance
Ballet Dance Assistant, Swiss Cottage School of Dance, Autumn 2015
• Assisted three classes ages 4 to 8 year old dance students by helping those who needed extra help on the dance movements.
Choreography Workshop, Hunter College, Summer 2014
• Lead many improvisational task to dancers/non dancers
• Skilfully provided choreographic tools for adults to find their own way in creating work and to explore their choreographic voice
Salsa Instructor, Salsa NYC, Summer 2013
• Demonstrated the joy of dance by showing adults how to dance salsa.
• Attracted new customers by expressing that anything is possible
Tap Dance Assistant, 92nd street Y Harkness Dance Center, Spring 2013
• Assisted 8 to 10 year old dance students by helping those who needed extra help on the dance movements.
choreography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest contemporary dance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, modern dance lessons for all!
Taking salsa lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£165||£160|