As a tutor, I will be following the school curriculum, to teach, review and assess an individuals knowledge. Initially we will go through fundamentals and worked examples, before being given some tasks to work through. Practise is key, but as a tutor I would like to offer a supportive environment, that is less daunting than the classroom.
I graduated from the University of Bath with a first class honours in Civil engineering and have since worked as a structural engineer for two years. I studied a range of subjects at college including Maths, Chemistry, Art, French and Geography and have a broad range of interests and hobbies.
Despite enjoying the logistics and problem solving aspect of engineering, I have decided to move towards teaching as I find it more fulfilling.
University of Bath
September 2013 – July 2017
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering with Architectural Studies - First Class Honours
• Relevant modules: History and theory of Architecture, Building Environment, Maths, Geology, Structures and Material Science.
• Creative projects and collaborative work with both engineers and architects including surveying, lab experiments and multiple group design projects to set briefs.
• Dissertation explored the effects of vegetation on flow rates through a series experiments modifying different variables.
The College of Richard Collyer
September 2011 – June 2013
A-Levels: Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Art (A), French (A)
AS-Levels: Geography (B)
Mann Williams – Structural Engineer
November 2017 – August 2019
At Mann Williams I worked on a diverse range of projects from conservation to new build at domestic and commercial scales.
My main contributions were to the analysis and design of the School of Management, in particular the pavilion design. I was also given the responsibility to lead smaller scale local projects including a new build in Bath.
My main responsibilities included:
• Leading a small team and delegating tasks to other colleagues within the design team.
• Producing structural calculations, assessing and analysing buildings structural performances.
• Designing or suggesting suitable remedial work as required.
• Meeting other industry professionals on site and in office.
• Helping colleagues with structural computer software and other topics where applicable.
IStructE Tuesday Group Treasurer.
Aspyre Africa – Volunteer
September 2014 – Present
During my free time I am involved in voluntary work, my main tasks have been:
• Raising the charity profile through presentations, fund-raising and media.
• Logo and merchandise design.
Springboard Project – Volunteer
September 2008 – August 2011
Volunteered weekly, providing respite care for families by caring for a child with disabilities or severe special needs for the morning. Clear communication, compassion and adaptability was essential for this role.
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
A confident user of computer programs, including:
• Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
• AutoCAD, Tedds, Tekla Structural Designer and S-Frame.
• Adobe programmes including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Fluent spoken French
• Basic Spanish
Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|