Whatever your goals with music, I aim to make lessons fun and motivating. Feel free to get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the Clarinet, Saxophone and Music Theory.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I studied at the Royal Academy of Music, London as a clarinettist and received a Bachelor of Music, First Class Honours and I have a Master of Arts.
- How much do you charge?
£35 / hour - Clarinet and Saxophone
£30 / hour - Music Theory
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home in Streatham and am happy to travel to students' houses in London.
- When are you available?
I teach any day of the week, so get in touch and I'm sure we can organise a time! I am also available during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels, beginner to grade 8 and beyond.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am more than happy to prepare students for grade exams while I realise that some will have different goals. I also teach ABRSM music theory grades 1-5.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype lessons can work well so please contact me if you are interested.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for some time now and enjoy teaching a wide range of abilities. I also work on the National Youth Orchestra support staff and have experience working with young people of all ages.
Performance-wise, I am currently a member of the Southbank Sinfonia in London, here is a link to my page on their website: (concealed information)
I have played with the Philharmonia Orchestra, the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, the London Chamber Orchestra, the Britten-Pears Festival Orchestra, Sinfonia Cyrmu and the Royal Academy of Music Soloists' Ensemble.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
At the Royal Academy of Music, I studied with:
Tutors - Mark Van de Wiel (Philharmonia Orchestra), Chris Richards (London Symphony Orchestra), Tim Lines, Laurent Ben Slimane (Philharmonia)
• BMus (First class Hons) - Royal Academy of Music, London
• Master of Arts - Royal Academy of Music
Perfect! Connects really nicely and patiently with novice teen. Relaxed, good-natured and flexible.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|