My private practice as a singing teacher and performance coach in Cambridge is based on years of professional singing performance as a mezzo-soprano, as well as my own extensive vocal training and long experience as a voice teacher.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Classical singing technique, operatic repertoire, lieder and art song; foundation techniques for good vocal health; coaching in performance. I also give choral workshops in singing technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Bachelor of Music Degree with distinction from the University of Alberta; two years' voice and opera training with international coaches at the Mozarteum sommerakademie in Salzburg, year of private study with international singing teachers and coaches in New York, Toronto and London.
- How much do you charge?
One to one singing lessons are £50 for an hour. Performance coaching class fees depend on the number of participants - contact me for more information. Choral workshop fees negotiated separately depending on how much travel and time involved.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home near Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. All performance classes are held in central Cambridge. My chamber choir rehearsals are also in central Cambridge.
- When are you available?
Weekdays during the day, some evenings and some Saturday mornings, including school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Adults only, aged 18 and upwards. Beginners to Advanced performance level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Auditions, recitals, concerts, exams.
- What kind of experience do you have?
As a professional opera singer, I sang the role of Carmen in Peter Brook's Broadway production, also roles with the Canadian Opera Company in Toronto, as well as with the Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg Opera Companies; have performed with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Toronto Symphony Orchestra, and Stratford Festival amongst others. I have been teaching singing for just over 20 years and am founder and director of the women's chamber choir affiliated with Lucy Cavendish College, University of Cambridge, CB3 0BU: the Lucy Cavendish Singers. (concealed information)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Nationally and internationally known teachers in Toronto, New York, London, Salzburg and Edmonton, Canada. Names of specific teachers and coaches available on request.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Association of Teachers of Singing, British Voice Association
- Tell me about some of your current students.
• Young adults wishing to pursue a career in singing
• Advanced singers wishing to improve their skills
• Singers who have experienced a vocal set-back and need help regaining a working technique and vocal confidence
• Members of adult choirs looking for greater ease of voice production
• Singing teachers who want to hone or refresh their own singing and teaching skills
• I'm happy to provide a short series of lessons in preparation for an audition or performance
• MPhil, MA University of Cambridge; Bachelor of Music in Voice/Opera; University of Alberta
• Mozarteum sommerakademie two years
• Association of Teachers of Singing; British Voice Association
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£50||£50||Not available|