My name is James, I am a Classics student at Durham University. I have taught people at undergraduate, A-level and GCSE standard as well as preparing a pupil for his Westminster scholarship entry exam.
My methods isolate what the tutee finds difficult and then we explore it thoroughly and from different angles so that it becomes memorable. I believe that everyone I tutor has different methods and strengths in their approach to ancient languages and I hugely enjoy seeing people develop their language skills under my tutelage.
I have tutored Latin and Ancient Greek for 3 years and at a variety of levels. I have helped a pupil achieve an A* at GCSE, another to achieve her goal in an undergraduate Ancient Greek module, and another pupil achieved a place at Westminster school, scoring highest in his Latin and Ancient Greek papers. I am hugely proud of what my tutees have achieved in the past and the satisfaction is why I enjoy tutoring so much.
Travel fee is negotiable and dependent on distance.
University College, Durham, BA in Classics 2015-
• First Class grade (71) in first year.
• I balance a strong work ethic and a passion for my degree with numerous sporting commitments (squash, rowing, tennis and badminton), musical commitments (chapel choir choral scholar), volunteer work (I teach Latin at a local primary school as charity work) and my current jobs.
• Studying Classics has trained me to have an incisive and vigorous attitude towards language and provided me with meticulous skills of analysis.
Trinity School, Croydon, 2007-2014
• A-Levels: A* (Latin), A (English Literature) and A (Religious Studies)
• AS Levels: 5 As (English Literature, Religious Studies, Latin, German and Maths)
• GCSEs/IGCSEs: 11A*s (Including Sciences, Maths and English)
• Grade 8 Singing and Violin, Grade 6 Piano
Structures lessons well. Is able to quickly identify key points of error which bring your work down. Is always willing to mark extra work done. Sets exercises relevant to weaknesses to help improve them to improve quality of work. He moved me up from 75% in my GCSE Latin mock to 98% in the real thing, so he must be doing something right!!!!
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest poetry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, classics lessons for all!
Taking latin lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|