I am an English native speaker living in Warwickshire. I am both an engineer and a teacher by profession.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL/ESOL/ESL), IELTS, English for Specific Purposes (ESP), Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), TOEIC, Pronunciation & Accent Reduction (TEFL), GCSE Physics, Science & Maths. I also specialise in Scientific, Technical, Medical & Business English for professionals. I can also offer proofreading and translation services for English - Russian/Ukrainian - English.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a PGCE in Physics and Science, Intensive TEFL and B.Eng (Hons) in Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- How much do you charge?
- My fee is £20 per hour 1:1, £30 for 2 students; £40 for 3 students.
Blocks of 10 lessons purchased come with 1 free.
There is a £5 fuel charge per visit if outside Stratford On Avon area.
[***Special rates negotiated for low income earners***]
- IELTS Writing Proofreading - Task1 £4.99, Task2 £4.99
(I will read your report/essay & correct it via email. I cannot give you a band as this is forbidden.)
- Proofreading - Minimum charge £4.99 for 250 words or less, £15 per 1000 words
- Light Editing - £20 per 1000 words & Heavy Editing - £25 per 1000 words
- Translation services (UA/RU-EN-UA/RU) - Minimum charge £20 for 200 words or less, £100 for 1000 words, thereafter each block of 50 words costs £5
- Where do you teach?
I am pretty flexible about where I teach. My area includes Stratford Upon Avon, Tiddington, Alveston and Wellesbourne, which are all within 4 miles of my house & there is no extra charge. Destinations between 4 - 12 miles away (Alcester, Warwick, Leamington, Gaydon, Chipping Camden, Shipson on Stour, Henley in Arden) will be charged at £5 return. Destinations greater than 12 miles away (up to 1 hour) will be charged at the normal hourly rate i.e. a 30 min away (Banbury) will cost £20 return, 1 hr away (Oxford) will cost £40 return.
- When are you available?
I am available most afternoons and evenings, including weekends, for tutoring in students houses.
I can only accept students at my premises on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday evenings, Friday/Saturday afternoons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach mainly 15+ and adults, but can prepare students for 11+, Primary Education, Secondary Science & Maths up to GCSE.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
IELTS, Cambridge ESOL, TOEIC, GCSE Science & Maths.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Email/skype support is available for English/IELTS modules.
I also offer a CV writing, proof reading service and translation services for English - Russian/Ukrainian - English.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
In June 2010 I passed my GCSE in Russian after 5 years of study, so I do understand your difficulties of studying a foreign language. You the student, have a huge advantage, in that you actually live here and are fully immersed in the British culture. This will make your progression much easier and in no time you will notice the improvement. As they say in Russia..... "Repetition is the mother of all learning."
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been an engineer since 1991 and in 2002 I received my PGCE teaching qualification. Since then I have practised both professions, as a result I have mainly been involved in contract or private work. More recently I have been heavily involved in tutoring Academic IELTS.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Last check was April 2010.
- Where and with whom did you train?
My PGCE is from the University of Birmingham (2002), TEFL qualification is from Intensive TEFL (2006) and my degree is from the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen (1991).
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the General Teaching Council in England, the Institute of Engineering Technology and the Institute of Physics.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Most of my time is currently taken up by a local foreign national doctor studying for his IELTS exam. This is required for part of his GMC registration in order to become a UK doctor. I am also helping some foreign staff of my local French Bistro with their English.
• BEng(Hons) Electronic & Electrical Engineering
• PGCE Physics & Science, Intensive TEFL
• Member of Institutes of Physics & Engineering Technology
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking cambridge first certificate fce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|