My teaching method involves initially understanding your background (personal, education and work), personal/professional goals, habits, hobbies and thought process. This allows me to tailor my experience and knowledge to help you develop mind models, career strategy, confidence, and self analysis.
I am an cloud technology sales professional with 5 years B2B experience and a BEng Hons degree in mechanical engineering. I've regularly mentored colleagues, graduates, family members and friends with their career, mindset and professional development for 2 years.
London, United Kingdom.
I’m a determined, methodical and outgoing individual with the diligence and acumen to solve business issues with SaaS solutions. Having the ability to influence and develop relationships has allowed me to win net new commercial and enterprise business with multi-national organisations. With a degree in mechanical engineering, project management experience, significant cyber security knowledge and AWS qualifications, I bring both an analytical approach along with an energetic presence. Having a background in sales and engineering has allowed me to see projects from both perspectives and interact with different personalities. This has led me to excel as an individual, as well as a team player, whilst also having a natural “hunter” and entrepreneurial spirit. Being involved in international business has led me to work in Dubai, Malta, and London.
CloudCheckr - London, United Kingdom
Enterprise Account Executive - EMEA
I’m currently working as an 80% new business, 20% upsell account executive in both the commercial and enterprise space across EMEA, reporting into the global VP in the US, travelling across mainly Europe and The Middle East delivering cloud center of excellence solutions to all verticals. This includes public cloud security, optimisation, inventory visibility, automation and compliance in AWS, Azure, GCP, and VMware infrastructure. This involves helping multi-national businesses gain visibility in their infrastructure to identify the drivers behind business costs, increasing the speed of resource deployment, and ongoingly securing the cloud against compliance benchmarks.
• Performance: Following a travel/ramp up period – Q4: 100% of target, closing $250k in ARR
• First full year quota (starting January): $1,000,000 ARR, with $55,000 ARR closed
• One $1,000,000 deal in technical buy-in with a global insurance company
• Closed 5 net new logo’s: average run-rate deal size $50,000, with customer revenues ranging from 200 million to 2.2 billion, in multi-national enterprises in insurance, media, and technology sectors. This was achieved by using MEDDIC sales methodology, developing strong relationships at CIO, CTO, CFO, and Heads of Cloud stakeholders. Challenging their initial requirements to expand our product use-cases, and deliver business value
• The first CloudCheckr employee in the region to be a certified AWS Cloud Practitioner. Giving me a comprehensive understand of well architected frameworks, security vulnerabilities, and infrastructure. This comes from my relentless obsession with progression, personal/professional development
• Navigating through complex hierarchy, engaging with senior stakeholders globally, including Dubai, France, Israel, Japan, Switzerland and the US, to negotiate commercials and legal contracts
• Managing proof of concept projects alongside engineering resources through to implementation completion, with exceptional attention to detail, structured planning, and delivery of resources according to the customers pain priorities
• Presenting corporate decks created by myself and demonstrating CloudCheckr technology to prospect stakeholders, and at events such as: AWS Summit’s, partner XPO’s and business partner sales meetings
• Working with marketing and business development to develop sales pipeline, win 56% of my pipeline being generated by me through a targeted approach and networking, combined with strategic account mapping, and accurate forecasting on Salesforce
• Taking on additional responsibilities: helping the regional manager develop a channel network by onboarding new partners, defining parameters for the new partner program and communicating this structure on a global level. This involved working with partners such as MSP’s and systems integrators in developing professional services opportunities for CloudCheckr to increase its value proposition in the channel
Mimecast - London, United Kingdom
Corporate Account Manager
Working as a new business, commercial account executive across the UK and Ireland using a consultative sales approach to qualify, identify and solve business vulnerabilities with a SaaS cyber security, data storage, and business continuity solution. This involved influencing and building relationships with senior stakeholders and delivering a solution against business requirements and project timelines. Working in this role gave me a comprehensive understanding of cyber security, protecting/leveraging data, challenging the sale, and relationship management.
• Consistently exceeding a net new logo sales quota of £500,000: Year 2 – Q1- 124%, Q2- 150%, Q3- 111%, Q4- 120%, with a year end – 120%. Year 1: 105% of annual quota
• Average deal size £25,000, largest deal size £60,000, with global companies across UK and Ireland up to 1000 employees across all vectors
• Influencing and building relationships with stakeholders ranging from CISO, CIO, CTO, CFO, Head of cloud, head of security and IT directors
• Collaborating with business partners such as Softcat, CDW, Trustmarque, and IT Lab for lead generation activity and mutual prospect projects. This would involve account mapping, marketing campaigns, and speaking at dual funded events
• Running prospect workshops to identify business goals and display where Mimecast can solve or improve a process. For instance, introducing an ingestion system to archive Bloomberg financial and IM data, to make it more accessible and improve trading performance
• Exceptional knowledge of email/web security, data compliance, security psychology, data backup, and security best practices, and other integrated security solutions such as SIEM’s and end point
• Complex face to face sales environments, including presales engineers, professional services consultants, implementation engineers, and partner account reps
• Presenting and writing project proposals in response to RFP’s to prospect decision makers, with key focus on business outcomes
• Presenting to large audiences at customer education days, on topics such as advanced cyber security, and compliant data processing. This involves simplifying otherwise complex solutions and making it easily digestible. An example of this would be representing Mimecast at the McLaren Technology Centre, amongst other enterprise SaaS solutions
• Reporting accurate forecasts to my regional sales director and managing my pipeline on Salesforce with a 3:1 ratio against target
• Working with and mentoring business development reps to generate leads
DeVere Group International Bank - Dubai & Malta
Business Development Manager & UAE qualified Wealth Advisor
Working alongside the Senior Area Manager of the Dubai office, managing assets in excess of $20,000,000; consistently developing and expanding the income of business by meeting strict sales targets and managing 50 private clients, whilst studying for CISI qualifications.
• Business development: Consistently achieving sales targets, bringing in $3,000,000 (20 new clients) of new of business, and $1,000,000 in upsell to the company. This was achieved by networking at investment events and golf clubs, cold calling data that I had sourced myself, creating events, and introducing new products to current clients when adjusting their investment strategy
• Managing relationships with partners such as Zurich Intl, Old Mutual, Henderson, Generali, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and JP Morgan.
• Presenting digital banking solutions to prospects and current clients using demo applications and displaying FX spreads
• Managing and conducting performance analysis on client’s portfolios using Excel, here I would proportion their assets as a percentage, and use those percentages against metrics such as age and financial targets
• Leading client and prospect meetings in reviewing their portfolio with a consultative approach when identifying their requirements and advising on a solution
• Managing the upsell process of current clients, introducing new products based on investment strategy and opportunities in the market based on currency fluctuations and investment performances. For example, moving clients from high risk funds to low risk investments such as equity securities
Partner & Co Founder of Middas investments
London, United Kingdom.
Founding and managing the startup of a foreign exchange trading business alongside two other partners. The business involved providing professional training for budding traders to learn the basics of trading the financial markets. In parallel to this, I actively traded our company account. Unfortunately, due to confliction with university, and university being my primary focus, I decided to cut ties with this startup.
• FX training in conjunction with our employed Professional Trader.
• Budget planning: This included premises planning for our Canary Wharf office and capital employment.
• Marketing/branding: Helping develop media such as leaflets, magazine posts and the company website.
• Staff management: Managing an energetic and opinionated workforce in a challenging environment.
Alpha Laval Pumps Ltd - Sussex, United Kingdom
In a multi-department role at an international engineering firm. I was positioned in quality and control where I showed clear competence and understanding of measurement / inspection and the structure of inventory. I was then promoted to the mechanical engineering department where I undertook a variety of roles:
• Surface and consistency checks on all incoming and outgoing products
• Using advanced measuring equipment and software such as programming a coordination measurement machine to operate advanced measurements of all products.
• Using mathematical calculation and apparatus to determine the balance of the gears and rotors.
• Running an advanced database system for all metrics of components
Academic Scholarship at Coventry University
Achieving an Academic Scholarship from Coventry University to study mechanical engineering. This included:
• Financial reward & Fully paid membership to the Global Leaders Program
• Regular visits to top institutions in the UK (Bloomberg, JLR, GM)
• Access/invitation to seminars and speeches from industry CEO's
Bachelors with Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering [BEng Hons]
• Subjects: Stress & Dynamics Analysis, Analytical Modeling, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Engineering Management, Instrumentation & Control, Mathematics, Advanced Materials, Leaders Of The Future
• Experience with mathematical and engineering software such as Matlab
• Engineering project with 3-time Paralympic gold medalist Hannah Cockroft
• Rugby Union 1st team player
• Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner
• CISI- Level 2: Certificate in Securities and Investments & CISI- Level 3: Certificate in Wealth Management
Sussex Downs College
• A Levels: Biology, Business Studies, Physics, P.E
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|