I have always been fond of teaching students and have volunteered earlier on to teach kumon students maths and english. I am passionate about teaching hence I would love to be help to anyone in need of my help. !
I have taught school kids maths and english and have also helped friends at university with university work. I would be happy to teach students as I would like to share my knowledge . have taught at kumon maths centre.
Year 3 Economics and Business student with tax and finance experience and strong communication and leadership skills. Always very enthusiastic and motivated to work. Seeking for a graduate job in any management field to gain experience.
Business and Economics(BA), University of Kent. 2014-2017
First Year Result: 2.1, Second Year Result: 2.2 Expected: 2.1
• Actively participated in group presentations in seminars where I took the responsibility of being the group leader and worked with my team mates to create a PowerPoint presentation for the class.
Oshwal Academy Mombasa 2009-2014
A Levels: Economics (B), Accounting (B) and Maths (C)
GCSEs: 9 including Maths (A) and English (A*)
Work Experience History
Intern, Transfer Pricing department, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mumbai. Summer 2015
• Assisted my manager in areas such as bench-marking, Advanced pricing agreements(APA), safe harbour and helped prepare transfer pricing reports.
• Analyzed intercompany pricing arrangements of local multinationals.
Intern, Mabati Rolling Mills, Kenya. Summer 2013
• Spent time understanding the complex operations in a large-scale manufacturing company from the Steel Industry employing close to 1000 number of employees.
A detailed schedule was made by the HR department covering all aspects as below:
• Purchase department: Procurement of imported raw Materials.
• Logistics department- inward and outward movement of Raw Materials and Finished goods.
• Production Scheduling department- how the incoming orders received by marketing personnel is covered into finished goods.
• Marketing and Sales department - customer order booking into SAP/ERP and tracking of customer compliance.
• Human Resources and Admin departments- attendance systems, staff welfare and disciplinary procedures, appraisal and payroll systems.
This gives me a platform to help people around me to achieve my aim of making the world a better place.
Kumon Maths and English Centre 2009-2011
• Volunteered to teach juniors maths and English twice a week. This developed my confidence and teaching skills.
Welcome Helper, Kent Union Sep 2015
• I helped new students move into campus accommodation and provide them with assistance and information on the college and the campus in order to make them feel at home and less nervous about being in a new place.
Activities and roles
• School Senior Prefect (2013-2014)
• Deputy Secretary General of school Model United Nations. Also Attended 3 EAMUN (East African MUN) conferences in Nairobi, and was in the team of the Press Corps (EAMUN Newspaper)
Achievements and Interests
• LAMDA (London Academy of Music and dramatic arts) classes for two years to improve my acting and public speaking skills.
• Presidential Awards (Duke of Edinburgh) - Bronze, Silver, Gold levels
• Was a lead actor in the school play “The King and I “in 2011.
Interests: Sports, Current Affairs, Travelling, Learnt two Indian Classical dance forms Odissi & Bharat Natyam.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel (Business Modelling) on which I did a feasibility study project for a pharmaceutical company with variables of investment, sales, pricing, fixed and variable costs which all affect the profitability of the project. Dealt with If-analysis, V-Look up, H-Look up. Also, can perform economic tests on excel which I learnt in the first semester of my final year, such as F-tests and Chow Tests which I learnt in an econometrics module.
• Tennis and Table tennis player.
• Languages: English and Hindi (Fluent), French (Beginner). Easily pick up languages.
• Ability to understand problems and then find solutions easily to it.
• Always willing to learn new things.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||£40||Not available||£50|