My teaching methods applies to all ages, emphasis on fluency in speaking writing and comprehension. I try to bring interesting and fun resources to the classroom, including movies, books and articles. My classes encourage active use of English through creative exercises.
I have 2 years of experience in teaching English to children through innovative and interesting methods and exercises. I am fluent in Persian, as it is my mother tongue and have translated works from Persian to English and vice versa.
Houra Javadi Abhari
Email: (concealed information) Mobile: (concealed information)0
6 Amberley Court, Christ Church Park, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5UD
A creative and motivated individual, recently graduated from the United World College international school in India with an international baccalaureate (IB). Seeking a challenging summer placement to better my communication skills and to further develop my innovative mind.
2017 January – March: Directed Caligula by Albert Camus for Theatre Season (inc. light, sounds, set & costume design)
• Analysed, edited and adapted the original script to create a new version of Caligula according to a new philosophic and political interpretation.
• Designed and held auditions to select actors with the suitable voice, body and improvisation skills.
• Conducted character-building exercises with the actors to develop their character.
• Created warm-up exercises and activities for rehearsals (rehearsals everyday for 3 hours)
• Coordinated and lead an international and diverse group of people with no previous acting skills to create a play.
• Designed the light, sound, setting and composition of objects and actors on stage to aesthetically reflect the atmosphere and underlying emotions of the play.
• Prioritized and organized collaboration with external sources that had to make/bring/find material and space for the play.
• Worked under time pressure and managed all the deadlines of the theatre festival.
• The play was selected for encore for the United World College board that visited the school.
2016 – 2017: Medical and political clowning in rural India and Pune city
• Collaborated with a team of clowns to create devised and rehearsed entertainment shows for children in orphanages, AIDs institutions and mentally challenged adults in rural India.
• Went through a series of creative exercises to create and bring out my own clown character.
• Did research in Pune city to identify environmental issues.
• Created a political street theatre using clowning to break the language barrier.
• Performed throughout different spots of Pune attracting hundreds of audience and spreading the message about reducing plastic use.
• Interacted with children and adults using clown body language.
2016 October – November: Volunteered at Chirag, an NGO in Uttarakhand, India
• Went through workshops and training about how to start and manage an NGO.
• Learned about the modern educational systems in the Chirag schools and its advantages.
• Interacted with the teachers there and brainstormed on how to solve some of the problems that the school was facing.
• Helped in the herbs, fruit candy and weaving factories that Chirag had made in impoverished areas Uttarakhand.
• Advertised and promoted UWC schools in the schools in Uttarakhand to create opportunities for children there to receive UWC scholarships for their education.
2015 September – February: Private English Tutor, Tehran, Iran
2016 May – September: Private English Tutor, Tehran, Iran
• Organized creative and fun lessons for children to learn English.
• Taught English to children with special needs through special exercises and patience.
• Created trust and between myself as a teacher and the children.
2015: Translated The Dark by Lemony Snicket into Persian. Published by ‘Raf Raf’ Publications, Tehran, Iran
• Translated a book from English to Persian.
• Edited the book.
• Contacted publishers and got it published.
2011 July – June: Journalism for Docharkhe, a nationally published weekly newspaper for teenagers in Iran
• Wrote creative pieces and poetry to be published in the newspaper.
• Gathered news related to teenagers in Tehran through research and interviews and wrote articles about them.
• Did graphic design for the newspaper.
2015 – 2017: IB Diploma from a United World College (38/45):
Higher Levels: Philosophy (7/7) English literature (5/7) Visual Arts (6/7)
Standard Levels: Persian Literature (7/7) Chemistry (5/7) Maths (6/7)
Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay (2/3)
Fulfilled Creativity, Action and Service requirements.
2015: Iran high school diploma
Maths and Physics
• Philosophy and Literature
• Art and cinema
• World affairs and social and international issues
• Perfect knowledge of both written and spoken Persian (Farsi)
• Drawing, painting and visual arts skills
• Design skills
• Creative writing skills
• Working with Microsoft Office
Personal and professional references available upon request.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||£15|