I am a paediatrician and a medical geneticist wth a wide experience in different fields that are related to science, medicine and paediatrics. I worked as a lecturer of medical students in Islamic Gaza University, and during my academic yersI was involved in many teaching activities. I use a combination of the constructive and instructive methods with a wide range of teaching facilities and technologies, but what I mostly like is to motivate my students to be creative
Academic medical lecturer at Islamic Gaza University, and clinical trainer at different training activities for 2 years, all of my students successfully graded the highest grades.
Trainer at European Gaza Hospital for Neonatal life support and neonatal intensive care unit.
Trainer and group leader at Pediatric Cardiac Surgery ICU.
Tutor and team leader during my academic years for junior doctors and residents
SHAYMAA M. M. SHURRAB
C18-5, 150C Firhill Court, Firhill Rd. Glasgow, G20 7BB
+44 (0) (concealed information)
Sex: Female | Date of birth 04/08/1985 | Nationality Palestinian.
A self-motivated and hard-working paediatrician, geneticist and ambitious scientist with wide clinical experience, expanded knowledge in the field of biomedical sciences, scientific and research abilities including laboratory work, literature review and medical writing, in addition to the communication skills with patients and their families. I am an extremely ambitious and enthusiastic person and I can succeed in all the fields that I participate in, I like new challenges as it enables me to gain new knowledge and life experience.
January 2014 to October
MoH – Gaza / European Gaza Hospital: Salah Al-Dein St. Al-Fukhary. Khan Younis city, Palestine (concealed information) E-mail: (concealed information) Fax: +97-08-2054525, Tel No: +97-
08-2054495. P.O. Box: 5375 Gaza
▪ Working as a paediatrician in NICU dealing with different cases of the neonatal disorder. The unit is considered as a tertiary unit; thus, we receive all the critical medical and surgical cases from all around Gaza Strip.
October 2013- October
▪ Volunteer at PCRF
▪ I work as a volunteer with PCRF Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Missions, taking care of all pre/post op patients, organising the work of the mission and the local medical teams.
November 2015- October
▪ Lecturer at Islamic Gaza University – School of Medicine
February 2012- February
▪ Paediatric registrar at Tawfiq Surgical Hospital
▪ Paediatric registrar at Orient Hospital for IVF
April 2009- June 2013
▪ Paediatric resident at The General Assembly of Damascus Hospital Ministry of
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MSc of Medical Genetics and Genomics- University of Glasgow, UK.
A taught master degree in medical genetics and genomics with the most recent research in the field. The course consists of a variety of sub-courses that covers the genetic diseases and a scientific approach to it, problem-based learning with enhanced ethical and patient- related aspects, laboratory experience gained through SNP assay design, clinical genomic and bioinformatics based on the 1000 genome project, genetic screening program that highlights ways of detecting the validity of previously existing or newly developed screening programs and finally the MSc dissertation project about unstable DNA disorders genotyping using next-generation sequencing technology.
April 2009- April 2013
Arab Board of Paediatrics-Arab Board for Health Specialisation & The General
Assembly of Damascus Hospital/MoH-Syria.
4 years of clinical training in paediatrics based on clinical cases in different areas of the
field of paediatrics and consists of Acute and chronic paediatric cases admitted to the ward, Out-patient department, PICU, NICU, Paediatric ER, Paediatric Nephrology Hospital, and Paediatric Haematology primary centre for Thalassemia. A major part was the genetic and inherited paediatric disorders with experience of genetic diagnosis and patient empowerment.
Oct 2002- Sep 2008
Bachelor of Medicine MD. Damascus University, Faculty of Medicine, Damascus, Syria.
General Secondary School Certificate- Science Branch
Graduated with Excellent Average 97.6%
Mother tongue(s) Arabic
IELTS Band Score: 7 CEFR: C1
French A1 A1 A1 A1 A1
Levels: A1/A2: Basic user - B1/B2: Independent user - C1/C2 Proficient user
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Communication skills ▪ Excellent communication skills gained through my experience as Paediatric Specialist.
▪ leadership (currently responsible for a team of 5 people)
▪ Patience and the ability to cope with demanding situations.
▪ Work under pressure
▪ Work with team
Job-related skills ▪ good command of quality control processes (currently responsible for clinical audit)
▪ good commands as a teaching staff in the residency program of paediatrics and for
medical students at IUG.
Digital competences - Self-assessment grid
▪ good command of the office suite (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software)
▪ good command of photo editing software gained as an amateur photographer.
• 2013: Encyclopaedia of Paediatrics and Neonatology, Arabic translation. Jan 2014, Damascus, Syria
• 2012: Arabic Translation of European Guidelines for Celiac Disease Management. Dar Bozo for publishing. Syria
• 2012: Medical Management of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children (concealed information)
• 2012: Nutritional Principles in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Children. (concealed information)
• 2010: Obesity in Children. (concealed information)
• Chevening award 2016/2017.
• 2012: Achieved the first degree in the Neurology &PICU exam, Damascus Hospital.
• 2011: Achieved the first degree in the 6 subjects’ exam for Arab Board Preparing Program, Damascus Hospital. (15/8/2011)
• 2011: Achieved the first degree in Pulmonology exam, Damascus Hospital. (5/7/2011)
• 2010: Achieved the first degree in Cardiology & Haematology exam, Damascus Hospital.
• 2009: Achieved the first degree in paediatric ER exam, Damascus Hospital
Member of the Palestinian Medical Council
• Dr Gerhard May: Academic lecturer and tutor for the MSc of Medical Genetics and Genomics, University of Glasgow. (concealed information)
• Dr Ahmed Jebara: Head of Paediatric Department. European Gaza Hospital. Mob:
+97(concealed information) Email: (concealed information)
• Dr.Mahmoud Bozo: Ex-head of paediatric department at Damascus Hospital. Tel: +963-11-
3334585 Mob: +(concealed information) E-mail: (concealed information)
• Dr. Samir Srour: consultant of paediatric cardiology in the general assembly of paediatric hospital, Damascus. E-mail: (concealed information)
• Mr. Steve Sosebee: CEO of PCRF. E-mail : (concealed information)
• Dr. Abdul Raheem Azab: consultant of paediatric cardiology in European Gaza Hospital. Tel:
+97(concealed information) E-mail: (concealed information)
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest health and social care lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, science of nutrition lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£60||£10|