I'm a highly experienced Chartered Accountant specialising in Commerce, expanding companies managed by Entrepreneurial SME's.
Lessons into how to expand markets, reduce risks, market research and technology innovation.
I prefer one to one tuition as there is normally a specific area where even qualified professionals lack experience.
1. Getting to know you - Full background & experience
2. Identifying areas of weakness
3. Identifying areas of opportunity
3. Establishing what you want to achieve
4. Introduction to possible networking contacts
5. Business Expansion and Fund raising
6. Assistance in preparing funding documents
7. Entry into International Markets
8. Appointing Distributors
9. Assisting in accounting and reporting procedures to Board members and shareholders.
10. Negotiation tactics
11. Any other subjects not mentioned where you may require assistance.
12. My philosophy is to mentor candidates to take them up to the highest level of Management
I,m 69 and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1972. My experience includes practical aspects of financial planning, budget creation, fund raising, and market research. Suitable for entrepreneurial executives of SME's who want to expand their companies and exit strategies
U.K Passport Holder: Yes: (concealed information)
Education: High School: Marlborough College, Wiltshire, U.K
BSc Electrical Engineering – Trinity, Dublin
Professional Qualification: ACA Qualified (1972) – 6020926
Senior Audit Manager (Partner Stream)
Spicer & Pegler, Chartered Accountants, St Mary Axe, City of London
Systems Skills: MS Excel , MS Word, MS Powerpoint, SAGE,
Personal Profile: Establishing new markets through advanced technologies – thermal imaging and high sensitivity smoke detection.
Highly accomplished and dedicated Financial and Commercial Manager having extensive experience in accurate and timely financial reporting/forecasting in industrial and service backgrounds.
Proven track record of executing projects on time and under budgetary targets, directing and inspiring other members to achieve higher quality of work, increasing responsiveness and commitment.
• Establishing new technology products and markets
• Corporate Finance: Founder of Pre-Pack Administrations. Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions. Growing SME’s both in the U.K, Hong Kong & USA.
• Structural analysis of Corporate financial and management data over a predefined review period to include sales performance, financial growth and EBITA.
• Production of accurate financial forecasts & management accounts
• Project Management/Corporate Management Transformation
• Excellent Client Relations at Highest Level including closing sales at the highest level
• Process Improvement & Sales Growth by prudent business planning
• Financial Management reporting & Problem Solving
• Staff Training/Development : Leadership & Motivational Skills
• Contracts Negotiation
• Integration of inter-company financial and technical systems and personnel.
Sep 2009 – Present INFRARED CAMERA WAREHOUSE, DORSET
Distributors of thermal imaging cameras – Turnover: £3M +
CONSULTANT - COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR – SME & FINANCIAL CONTROLLER. Current Salary £50K + Car & Medical Expenses. Notice Period: 2 Contract Expires 31st Dec. 2018
• Establishing a new distribution system for FLIR thermal imaging technologies
• Utilising thermal cameras on drones
• Acting as Financial Manager for this small SME producing monthly management accountants. Completing all statutory information including VAT submissions, HMCE & P60 corporate & payroll returns.
• Producing daily cash positions and quarterly bank reports.
• Advising on corporate finance matters including acquisitions and fund raising.
• Managing/Working within a team of Security Professionals using thermal imaging technology incorporating new product development including Drone information data.
• Established sales with major police forces, security agencies and Network Rail to produce initial revenue stream, along with facilitating customers especially of special anti-terror departments. Advising on thermal Drone technology and systems to monitor incidents 24/7.
Jan 2002 – Jun 2009 AIRSENSE TECHNOLOGY LIMITED, STEVENAGE - SME
Manufacturers of High sensitivity smoke detection detectors – Turnover GBP£36M. Leaving salary: USD $200,000 + Dividend
FINANCIAL & COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
• Reporting to the Board & shareholders.
• Managing/Working within a team of 12 with their own specialized skills (technical, marketing & procurement including The Chemical Engineering Dept. of Cambridge University).
• Successfully increased bottom line profits from £300K to £4.7M within five years.
• Opened offices in Los Angeles and established sales representatives and administrative procedures. Lived there for 2 years. Establishing HR division and Los Angeles youth apprentice scheme for under privileged youths (19-25 years)
• Successfully Introducing and presenting our new smoke detection technology to the U.S market – a world first.
• Established an efficient US agency network to provide best services and implemented new policies & compliance procedures in the company.
• Supervision of integration of financial and IT reporting systems
• Reason for leaving – Acquisition by United Technologies Inc. Negotiated the sale for £22M.
Jan 1995 – Dec 2001 CROWN NURSING GROUP – BASED IN WITNEY - SME
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER –
Leaving Salary: GBP £60K
• Nursing Home Operator – Private and Local Authority
• Reporting to the Board on financial performance and at operational level.
• Oversee day to day management and staffing of 5 Elderly Care Homes (sometimes at weekends).
• Managing/Working with a team of senior Nursing Staff and finance personnel numbering approximately 120 personnel.
• Working with relatives to assist in funding issues.
• Negotiation with Local Authorities over bed rates for Council Clients.
• Dealing with The Care Standards Authority to maintain first class nursing & “fit for purpose issues”.
• Ensuring homes were always up to fire and staffing regulatory standards.
• Obtaining statutory approval for all nursing staff employees.
• Initialising IT & financial systems reporting using Sage.
• Supervision and preparation of financial budgets and monthly accounts for each nursing home reporting to the owners.
• Negotiated sale of business to Southern Cross.
• Reason for leaving: Acquisition by Southern Cross Ltd. Negotiated the sale for £7M.
Jan 1988 – Dec 1994 FINANCE VISION – CORPORATE FINANCE BOUTIQUE –
POSITION: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR. Involving corporate research, mergers, sales and acquisitions of companies with average turnover up to £25M.
• Passed Financial Services Examinations allowing me to practice as a corporate financial advisor.
• Specialised in corporate mergers, sales and acquisitions of advertising/marketing agencies and the growing sector of elderly and high dependency care home operators.
• Reason for leaving: Career advancement and moving from London
Feb 1979 - Dec1987 GGK ADVERTISING AGENCY, London – including conferences & exhibitions
POSITION – FINANCE DIRECTOR & COMPANY SECRETARY.
(including French & Italian Agencies)
• Responsible for all monthly financial reporting – Agency Gross Revenue - £28M, permanent staff employed 48. Freelance up to 10.
• Attended annual meetings with the Media regulatory authorities`: T.V, Press and magazines to satisfy current net asset and financial requirements.
• Reported to Holding Company, GGK International AG based in Zurich, Switzerland.
• Produced budgets for all departments annually for submission to the U.K and International boards.
• Supervising all statutory requirements and reports: Corporate tax returns, VAT, PAYE and P.60’s
• Major Clients: Daihatsu Cars, Panasonic Consumer Goods, IBM UK, Suzuki Motor Bikes, General Foods – Various Brands, Homepride Bread, Christies Auction Group, Carlsburg and P & O Ferries.
• Reason for leaving: Career advancement
Jan 1973 - Dec 1978 FG WILSON ENGINEERING LTD, BELFAST.
COMMERCIAL & OVERSEAS FINANCE MANAGER
Belfast based manufacturer of diesel generators, switchgear and turn-key diesel power stations based in London Office (Staines).
MIDDLE EAST BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – IRAN, KUWAIT, SAUDI ARABIA AND U.A.E
Negotiations of contracts with Gulf Ministries and senior executives of power supply companies like K.N.P.C (Kuwait National Petroleum Corp) and A.D.N.O.C (Abu Dhabi National Oil Corp) at senior management level for the supply of power generators and plants.
Working in Hong Kong for 6 months, I supervised the purchasing and deliveries of electrical generation and switchgear equipment for the first stage of the Hong Kong Central to Kowloon mass transit system. This was a 7 day/365 day project and all deliveries had to be ‘just in time’.
Established financial controls and reporting procedures throughout the Gulf Offices and negotiated terms for Letters of Credit.
Reason for leaving: Close family company and career advancement limited. To obtain promotion would mean living in the Belfast area at the height of the troubles. Also offered substantially increased salary package.
professional coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest leadership lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, pitching lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£140||Not available|