My teaching methods are highly dependant on the learner, as I believe the learner determines the pace of the learning process. I feel facilitation is key to teaching and fosters more coherent and effective learning. I aim to support learners in a way that helps them to progress according to their needs and where they want to be.
Born and educated in Germany till university level, I am a German citizen residing in the UK since 6 years now and speak fluent English and German. I am extremely passionate about Education, hence I studied Education for both my undergraduate and postgraduate studies here in Sheffield. I have mentored and tutored for over 10 years now within England and Germany.
Rates may differ according to how far I will need to travel. But that can be discussed accordingly.
1 Bentley Street, S60 2JJ | 07(concealed information) | (concealed information)
As an education graduate, master’s student as well as researcher, I see myself as a hard-working, organised and diligent individual with an excellence in multiple skills. These include such as critical and evaluative thinking through autonomous and collective learning, effective communication through public-speaking and conference presentations, IT skills by availing a range of technological resources for enhanced learning but also the appliance of university-based knowledge onto real-life and professional situations within a range of educational institutions. I have enhanced these profoundly in my master’s degree and developed an expertise in the area of Higher Education, where my research skills were further advanced also through working as a casual researcher.
I certainly believe that my person is distinct from others as I have gained international experience within a short period of time, by moving from Germany to the UK and succeeding with outstanding academic outcomes. This shows my potential of adaptability to unknown environments under difficult circumstances. It also gives new margins to become more knowledgeable, confident and persistent in the future. As also being multilingually and culturally aware and experienced, it makes me more capable to cope with new and diverse challenges. Where a world is growing together to a global village, I certainly see myself as an educator, who is able to effectively support in diverse communities acknowledging and embracing differences to come together as a whole society.
MASTER’S IN EDUCATION | SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY|2017 - 2019
· Grade: first (exp.) MA dissertation: ‘Constructions of Minoritised Student Identity in Higher Education’
EDUCATION STUDIES BA (HONS) | SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY|2014 - 2017
· Grade: first BA dissertation: ‘Exploration of an Understanding of Cultural Diversity within a Classroom Culture’
INDIAN AND ARABIC STUDIES | GEORG-AUGUST UNIVERSITAET, GERMANY |2011 - 2012
· Grade: 1.3 (first year) Dual-BA with focus on Language (Sanskrit and Arabic), History, Politics and Culture
ABITUR (EQUIV. A-LEVELS) | OTTO-HAHN GYMNASIUM, GERMANY |2009 - 2011
· Grade: 2.3 Language-based profile, core subjects: German, English, Latin, History, Biology
GRADUATE INTERN | SHEFFIELD INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION | 02/2019 - PRESENT
· I am currently doing a year-long Graduate Internship at the department for Education, Childhood and Inclusion at the Sheffield Institute of Education, Sheffield Hallam University. Through this I am involved in departmental and sector-wide projects around student support and experience. My responsibilities cover a wide range; a few of these are organising events, compiling data and reports, setting up meetings, supporting academics etc.
CASUAL RESEARCHER | SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY | 04/2018 - 07/2018
· I have conducted a sub-project within the current and university-wide BME-attainment-gap project of SHU. Using an intersectional approach, it focused on Muslim female student’s HE experiences of faith and space at SHU. Beside all research activities this also involved various feeding back and opportunities within university events but also outside of it such as with the Board of Governors of the university.
UNIVERSITY PLACEMENTS | DONCASTER, SHEFFIELD AND ROTHERHAM | 2015-2016
· During my undergraduate degree I have completed placements in different educational institutions over South Yorkshire. These involved being a classroom support assistant in a secondary school, an assistant language teacher in a TESOL centre for adults and a classroom assistant in a special school.
SOCIAL SERVICE | SCHULE AM TANNENBERG IN GOETTINGEN, GERMANY | 2011-2012
· After completing my A-Levels, I pursued a voluntary year of social service at a special school, where I worked in an assigned class with seven disabled students in a team consisting of a teacher and a teaching assistant.
INTERPRETER | GRENZDURCHGANGSLAGER FRIEDLAND, GERMANY | 2011-2012
· I interpreted from Urdu to German for a governmental agency that operated refugees.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· As I am managing a range of responsibilities at one time such as being a full-time master’s student, a casual researcher and working voluntarily on university- and community level, this makes me proficient in managing, multi-tasking and coping with a set of distinct but equally important tasks simultaneously.
· Due to being bilingually raised, I am fluent in speaking German, Urdu, Hindi and English. As I hold a special interest for languages, cultures and diversity, I acquired good knowledge of text in Latin, Arabic and Sanskrit.
· My eloquence is further supported by having worked as a student representative and being involved in various voluntary programs whilst being at university (e.g. Culture Connect at SHU, presentations at education conferences) and outside of it (e.g. voluntary community work in the AMA (Ahmadiyya Muslim Association).
· Available on request
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|