I believe it's essential to improve soft skills that will allow you to become a great developer, in addition to having technical knowledge. Specifically, I will teach you how to absorb information more efficiently, how to learn by doing, how to stay motivated through difficult problems and how to improve your attention to detail.
You can expect result-oriented, tailored and engaging tutoring sessions.
I’m a graduate in Computer Science with commercial experience as a C++ software engineer and web developer. I currently work as a web developer for a start-up.
I speak fluent German and Arabic.
Note: I'm offering discounted rates as I'm new to this platform
2014 – 2018 – 2:1 BSc. (Honours) Computer Science – City University London
• Year 1: Programming in Java, System Architecture, Mathematics for Computing, Software Engineering, Business Systems
• Year 2: Programming in C++, OO Design and Analysis, Data Structures and Algorithms, Team Project
• Year 3: Electronic Commerce, Advanced Games Technology, Functional Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Data Visualization, Individual Project: Crypto Currency Trading Platform
• Technical skills
- Proficient C++ skill set
- Advanced web development skill set - HTML/CSS/JS and PHP
- Beginner PostgreSQL and NoSQL
• Digital marketing – including SEO, PPC and social media marketing
• Online sales and digital merchandising
• User experience optimisation and A/B testing
• Basic photo editing skills
• Languages: Fluent in English and German and some basic Arabic.
Libratone/Netatmo Sales Adviser Sep 2018 – Nov 2018
• Educated and informed customers about the product
• Built rapport, generated sales and met sales targets
Dubai Jewellers Web Developer (E-Commerce) Oct 2017 – Feb 2018
• Developed an E-Commerce store using Shopify (Liquid Templating Language) and HTML/CSS/JS
• Utilized Online Sales techniques – Overlays, Coupons, Time-based urgency, free gifts/delivery and many more
• Engaged customers with email lists and updates on social media channels
• Optimized the user experience by analysing user behaviour and streamlining areas such as Signup and Checkout
Thomson Reuters Software Engineering Intern Sep 2016 – Sep 2017
• Worked with my mentor, a senior C++ developer, and gained in-depth technical C++ knowledge
• Developed, maintained and improved tools used by development, QA and Operations teams
• Participated in code reviews, product presentations and product launches
Dubai Jewellers Sales Assistant Nov 2013 – Jan 2016
• Generated sales and identified up-selling opportunities
• Maintained product displays
• Learned about the business model and product offering
• E-Commerce store using Shopify for a Jewellery retailer (1)
Refer to the “Web Developer (E-Commerce)” role in the Employment section.
• Desktop live wallpaper tool for Windows using Java (1)
This program allows a user-selected video to be played as the desktop background.
• Machine learning algorithm using python to predict customer acquisition (1)
Developed for a friend’s construction company, this algorithm uses a primitive linear regression function to find relationships between descriptions of properties and the likelihood of receiving a reply from an enquiry.
• IRC chat client for Twitch.tv using Java (1)
Twitch.tv is the most popular Gaming/Live streaming site. This tool adds the feature to display chat messages on top of the stream, allowing a more enjoyable viewing experience.
• 2D space-shooter game using OpenGL and C++ (1)
Developed with GLUT(OpenGL), this game features: Power-up System, Intelligent enemy AI, multiple distinct enemy types, animated sprites, music and sound-effects.
• Tetris-style puzzle game with Unity and C# (1)
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer science lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computing lessons for all!
Taking software lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£10|