I try to understand where people struggle and help them overcome it in a friendly and encouraging way! I believe that computer science is - understand it and then practice it as much as possible until you are confident to do it without any help.
I am in my second year at university. I would love to share my knowledge in the best and friendly way as possible. I believe that practice and understanding the fundamentals of makes perfect in the computing field. I am ambitious to learn as many new technologies as I can!
Education and Qualification
September 2018 to present University of West London
BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Industrial Placement Relevant Modules:
Programming (Java), Algorithms and Data Types (Python),
Information Systems and Databases (SQL), Artificial Intelligence,
Mobile web development (React-Native)
May 2018 Google IT Support Professional Certificate, a
6 course specialization by Google on Coursera
1) Technical Support Fundamentals - 99.4%
2) The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking - 91.9%
3) Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User - 93.6%
4) System Administration and IT Infrastructure Service - 96.3%
5) IT Automation: It’s not that scary - 100%
6) IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts - 97.4%
2014 – 2018 George Byron Private Secondary School of English Language, Bulgaria School Leaving Diploma (A Level equivalent)
Subjects: English, Maths, Programming, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, Geography
Relevant Work Experience
September 2019 - Present IT Services Assistant in University of
• Answering IT queries in person, over telephone and by email, with the aid
of call-logging software
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and
• Troubleshooting networking problems
• Testing and repairing faulty equipment
Sep. 2018 - Present Freelance Web Developer/Software Developer
• Developing a website according to the user’s requirements
• Developing desktop applications with requested functionalities
• Extracting and inserting information from a database
• Working on front end and back end development
Feb. – May 2018 Networx-BG Computer Technical Support (Part time)
• Installed and configured computer hardware, operating systems and applications
• Worked with customers and employees to identify computer problems and advised solutions
• Tested and fixed faulty equipment
Skills Developed: Logical thinking; Good understanding of how Software and Operating systems work; Problem solving skills
Hungry Web - Lead Programmer
Building a website for the University of West London that will allow students to order food for delivery within the university campuses. I am a full stack developer - I am mainly building the back end of the website’s functionality but also working with my team members on the front-end part.
Rush Hour - Lead Programmer
Building a mobile application with ReactNative for the University of West London that will tell students how busy the library and gym areas are at the current time. I am a full stack developer.
Interests, Volunteering and Achievements
• Treasurer of the Alan Turing and Ada Lovelace Programming Society at University of West London
• Part of the Alan Turing and Ada Lovelace Programming Society at University of West London
• Course Representative for Computer Science at University of West London
• Nominated and chosen to represent Bulgaria in the Youth Forum 2016 organized by UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) in Vienna, Austria
• Volunteered with Prevention Information Centre to participate in youth initiatives about the risks of smoking, alcohol and drugs
• Volunteer with the National Commission for Combating Human Trafficking, which included giving presentations in schools.
Perfect! Before I met Nikolay I did not have any coding background and I was fascinated by the idea of creating my own website.
Nikolay has managed to explain to me the fundamentals of web development in a very simple and interactive way which encouraged me to continue doing web development! He found the perfect way to approach me so I can understand what I am doing.
If it was not for Nikolay and his passion to teach I do not think I would have managed to get into programming or web development.
Nikolay is an incredibly informative tutor, who has taught me all the fundamentals of coding with python. Prior to starting lessons I didn’t have an adequate understanding of coding, however Nikolay’s explainations allowed the study to seem less daunting
I've been going to Nikolay for some time now, he's been great so far at explaining stuff that are too hard for me, I've been able also learn new stuff easiear than on my own and faster. All in all pretty good tutor.
programming languages lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest python lessons to help you.
Taking CSS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|