How to do that ?
• Positive learning, based on the respect and understanding of the child’s needs.
• Structured teaching following the National Curriculum, record keeping.
• Building personal lessons depending on pupils’ musical personality, enhancing with composition-technical-music theory tools and a variety of musical cultures/artists.
• Achieve clear weekly goals. Regular exercises balanced between instrumental-body relation, instrument technique, improvisation and creativity, and drum in music (band or records)
• Regular assessment to give confidence and highlight progress
• Coaching for grade, band practice, gigs and any external musical activity
Lesson content ?
• Expressing one’s imagination in music with solo improvisation - interaction and improvisation with other drummers’ in group lessons.
• Listening to records to nourish musical culture then work on standards and songs
• Various music style work: Jazz, Funk-Binary, Latin music, Contemporary (Rock, Pop, Hip hop)
• Drum technique: work on coordination + independence of each part of the body, Rhythm, Polyrhythm, Classical French and American percussion technique.
• Relation between body and instrument + music theory if needed+ encouraging social music practice.
Relevant academic qualifications
National Conservatoire of Nantes (France)
End of diploma in:
• Music theory diploma : (2002-2011)
• Jazz drums diploma: (2005-2014)
• Jazz band diploma: 2005-2012
• Jazz Music Culture studies diploma ( 2012)
• Classical Music culture studies diploma (baccalaureate-2012)
• Classical percussions: third cycle diploma (2003-2014)
- Jazz big-band / Jazz piano / Classical music writing /Jazz cultural studies + classical cultural studies diploma / personal compositions for big-band / Gigs as percussionist (modern repertoire + symphony orchestra) and as drummer.
Experience as a Musician
• Festivals: “Rendez-vous de l’Erdre” - “Europa jazz festival” - “Jazz in Marciac”- and more.
• First half of Carla Bley big band concert /First half of Marc Ducret trio/First half of Lucky Peterson’s concert.
• 2008: - 1st Prize of jazz competition at “Saint Gilles Croix de vie”, France
-1st Prize of jazz competition at “Rouans”, France.
• 2009: - 1st Prize of jazz competition in “Vannes”, France.
• 2010: - 1st Prize of composition competition of CMDL jazz school in Paris (Didier Lockwood school, Paris)
• 2012: Invited to play with Ambrose Akimusire (famous american trompet player) at Duc des Lombard jazz club in Paris
• 2018: Moved to London: Looking to be active musician in the London jazz and contemporary music scene.
• 2017-2018: Drum teacher at I.S.L school of Surrey
• 2018-2019 : Coached a drummer to the entrance at Guildhall Jazz School Degree
Drum/piano/percussionist/beat box teacher at FunKey4kids ( London )
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest drum lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, percussion lessons for all!
Taking jazz drumming lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|