Teaching is provided on a daily basis on a construction site basis given to personnel assigned from senior management at head office. The student will be issued with a contract and contractor to manage on a daily basis and assisted by the contract supervisor. Tutoring will be centered on management of the schedule, budget, interpretation of contract conditions and scope of work. How to manage contracting companies in terms of safety, health & environment.
Management and review of risk assessments, daily diaries, project diaries, change management, document and material control, contract conditions, compensation events.
Progress reporting and review, invoicing based on forecast of invoice schedule.
Tutoring is based in a classroom environment and site inspections.
Attend and chair meetings, taking minutes.
How to close out completed works and conduct handover including scheduled snag listing.
30 years experience in large capital construction projects. This includes mining process plants, power generation, oil and gas, water treatment plants, offices, roads, camps, housing, complete infrastructure. Includes budget, schedule, safety & environmental management, quality assurance & control, material control, document control.
Project management includes work breakdown structure, contract development, scope of works. Conversant with NEC & Fidics type contract documents.
Tutoring of graduates & under graduates in earthworks, civils, structural, pressure vessels, rotating equipment and piping systems.
Snr. Project Manager/Construction Manager
A professional Project manager with over 30 years’ relevant and transferable experience in completing commercial, residential and industrial projects. Extensive knowledge of project management having worked internationally on multiple projects in Africa, Asia and the Middle East up to £300M. Organisationally adept with considerable experience using a wide variety of management tools and has a sound understanding of fundamental project management techniques.
An inspirational leader who possesses the capacity to provide both vision and direction whilst coaching and mentoring teams to perform. Demonstrates sound judgment, effective decision making and prudent issue and conflict resolution. Utilises a strategic approach, understands and addresses inter-dependencies and creates a clear definition of customer requirements and timetables. Diligently developed a proven track record of managing to deliverables and milestones, on time and within budgets, meeting business needs.
• A competent leader who continually balances the five project “currencies” of time, money, knowledge, security, and prestige.
• Proven track records of having all stakeholders feel that they received a positive exchange at the end of the project.
• Understands the perception of loss of security and prestige and routinely presents stakeholders with a gain in both areas to win and secure project support.
• Politically sensitive, working with and not becoming over involved with politicians.
• Vastly experienced in leadership, negotiation, effective communication and team building.
• Fields of experience include: Shipbuilding; Oil & Gas; Power Generation, Paper Mills, Water Treatment & purification, and Mining process plants.
• Skills and knowledge of the various disciplines includes piling, earthworks, civils, structural, mechanical, piping and E & I.
• Microsoft Word, Power-point, Excel, Outlook and Projects.
• Smart plan, Navisworks and PDMS (Read only)
• Project Management Experience, Roles & Responsibility
• Experienced with FIDICS & NEC type contract formats over the previous 20years attained as representing the client and in the contracting industry. This includes Lump Sum Turn Key, Joint Venture, and Cost reimbursable, cost plus and time reimbursable type contracts.
• Receipt of request for quotation (RFQ) and review of RFQ documents, drawings, schedule parameters, scope of work, safety policy and terms & conditions.
• Establish & compile scope of work (Work breakdown Structure/Work Packages)
• Format of WBS & Schedule of Activities in line with direct and indirect costs.
• Compile tender document scope of work based on company and industry norms.
• Issue of tender to client.
• Contract award and raising of bond warranty based on contract value.
• Compliance with company & client Standard Operating Procedures.
• Review of schedule with planning department and of progress with management & client.
• Liaison & review with senior management & client.
• Tender issue, appraisal & award and program schedule requirements & approval.
• Budget control & invoice approval.
• Document and material controls.
• Management of site teams & contractors on a schedule driven basis.
• Liaison with project construction team and client site personnel.
• Management of staff and workforce rotation.
• Mentoring of junior staff.
• Close out of contract and warranty periods.
• Change management and compensation events
• Budget motivation & approval on OPEX and CAPEX type project requirements.
Project Construction Management
• Safety, health & environmental
• Appointed, responsible person
• Review & appraisal of Job Safety Analysis/Method statements & risk assessments
• Active involvement in tool box talks
• Review & appraisal of rigging studies, piping tie-ins including Hot Taps
• Site establishment and security
• Management of work camps and associated facilities
• QA/QC, review & approval of contractor methods, procedures, QCP’s/Inspection and Test Plans
• Site engineering & drawing approval
• Vendor inspection, FAT’s and final installation punch-listing
• Hot and cold commissioning
• 10yrs experience gained in mining process plants and material handling facilities and infrastructure.
• Involved as a project team member on projects to the value of 23 billion Rand.
• As a project construction manager to the value of £300M.
Qualifications & Merit
• City & Guilds Institute of London, Mechanical Engineering,
• Distinctions in Practical & Theory.
• Marine Engineer
• Apprenticeship: Marine Engineering and Shipbuilding
• Plant Safety Regulations 1-1000 Volts
• New Engineering Contracts
• SABS Iso 9000 Series
• Legal Liability,
• S3 G-MIRM Risk Management
• James Mackie Award
professional coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£24||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£33||£160|