I am a graduate Mechanical engineering consultant, with experience in the oil and gas sector as well as in manufacturing and basic product design. I have not formally created lesson plans or such before, but I believe that explanation and patience are key in helping others understand, or in working with others on projects.
I am new to professional tutoring (never done it before) but have always enjoyed helping classmates and siblings with areas that I understood more. I enjoy working through problems and the moment when it finally clicks. I have some prior experience with assisting others in mathematics, and mechanics, and would love to work on design projects as well.
Motivated, ambitious and adaptable, always seeking in depth knowledge in areas of interest (Mathematics, Aerospace, Data Analysis etc). Able to take on a leadership role within a team.
Currently working in the oil and gas sector as a consultant. I started my own limited company in order to broaden my horizons and increase the scope of work I could take on. Areas I have experience in include: manufacturing, viscous dampers, control systems, and computational fluid dynamics.
UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD(2014-2016) — MSC BY RESEARCH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING :
The research was concerned with failure mode identification and remaining life prediction of railway vehicle hydraulic dampers, found in the primary suspension of the vehicle. Computational Fluid dynamic modelling as a solution to the outlined problems was investigated.
UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD(2010-2014) — BENG MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1ST CLASS HONOURS WITH CHANCELLORS AWARD, 82% AVERAGE) :
My final year project was titled, 'The Development of an Electro-hydraulic Servo System to enable testing of Hybrid Squeeze Film Bearings'. The aims were to commission the experimental system and attempt to implement a digital control system, but due to a lack of resources an analogue control system was created and used to bring the project to completion.
LEEDS SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE LANDSCAPE AND DESIGN (2009-2010) - 1ST YEAR ARCHITECTURE Modules: Design 1 and 2, Architectural Technology 1 and 2, History of Architecture 1 and 2, Architectural Context 1 and 2.
BRADFORD COLLEGE (2008-2009) - DIPLOMA
Diploma: BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art and Design - Merit
LAWNSWOOD SCHOOL (2001-2008) - A-LEVELS AND GCSES
A-Levels: Mathematics, Further Mathematics (AS-Level), Chemistry, Psychology GCSEs: 10 A - C; including Mathematics, Science and English
• The institute of Mathematics and its applications • The Royal Aeronautical society • The institute of Mechanical Engineers
• AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Catia, Ansys (Design Modeller, Fluent, Structural) • Matlab, Mathematica, Python, SQL, VB • TeX/LaTeX, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) • Adobe Photoshop
Director, Phase Alpha Solutions LTD; Manchester, United Kingdom — July
2016 - Present
Started a limited company in order to increase employability and lend my expertise to other companies. The areas of specialty are: engineering calculations, type setting (LaTeX), and simplified 2D transient fluid dynamic analysis. The ultimate aim is to increase knowledge base and experience, with the current priority being; embarking on engineering design and prototyping.
Mechanical Engineer, ZETA Technologies; Manchester, United Kingdom — July 2016 - Present • Using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs (AutoCAD) • Undertaking calculations using the appropriate design codes (ASME B31.3, B16.5 etc)
• Selecting appropriate materials, to meet design specifications with aid of appropriate design codes • Checking vessel and piping designs are structurally sound and fit for purpose • Verifying data sheets against P&ID's
Manufacturing Engineer, Metaldyne International; Halifax, United Kingdom — July 2012 - July 2013
• Design of tooling and gauges • Process analysis, work instruction development and correction • Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Production Report processing, Data analysis, and programming • Labour and Logistics; packing dampers and assisting production • Data logger maintenance; ensuring parts logged and files backed up
Volunteer, Oxfam; Leeds, United Kingdom — August 2011 - February 2012 • Cashier; involved communicating with customers (at times impatient customers) • Advising customers on how to ensure that they remain satisfied with their purchases • Being vigilant and alert whilst on the shop floor incase of shop lifting • Demonstrating flexibility by covering all departments when needed • Moving donations to sorting area and advising customers when unacceptable donations are made
Assistant, GHM Group; Leeds, United Kingdom — August 2008
• The elevations that were most useful and conveyed the concept best had to be selected and extracted from the AutoCAD files
• Elevation rendering with Adobe Photoshop; the selected elevations needed to be rendered to a presentable quality. Rendering involved adding shadows, colour, people etc
• Communicated with lead Architects regarding rendition requirements
I have an interest in keeping healthy. Sports I enjoy are; Baseball and sprinting (interval training). In my free time I also dabble in the arts (photography, painting, etc) and pursue a greater understanding of Mathematics, in my second year of engineering I completed an extra 60 credits of pure mathematics with the Open University.
engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mechanical engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, technology lessons for all!
Taking industrial design lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£160||£250|