Hi, my name is Edward, I have been teaching in secondary schools in the UK and internationally for 16 years. I hold two honours degrees and have achieved great success in teaching GCSE'S, a Levels and the IB. My lessons are fun, interesting and interactive. If you want to learn how to reflect on literature and understand writers intentions please join me.
I have 16 years experience of teaching English literature across primary and secondary levels in a range of countries and consistently achieve great results. For the last 4 years my students have achieved 85% A* and A grades in both GCSE and A levels. With my teaching students SUCEEED.
Primary students are cheaper than secondary. Distance traveled may affect the fees I charge but students will be warned prior to this.
Applicant Name: Edward Shephard
Date of birth: 13/12/1975
Teaching Experience: 16 years
Positions held: Principal
Head of Academics
Teacher of: English Language
Theory of Knowledge
Lower Secondary humanities
Levels taught: Primary, Secondary - Pre University
Curricula Taught: IB, A Level, IGCSE
Edward Shephard is an experienced international educator who has taught in boarding and day schools in Great Britain, Kenya, Indonesia and Malaysia. He has experience in teaching and leading the IB, CIE and UK curriculum. Edward has held positions ranging from teacher to principal and feels that this exposure has helped to give him a fuller picture of the components that make a good school. He has a particular interest in developing schools and this is an area in which he has considerable expertise. He has taught and administrated for over 16 years, mainly in secondary though he has also led initiatives in Primary. While specialising in Literature he also teaches English as a first and second language. He has been described as a dynamic, innovative and effective teacher with the innate ability to inspire, enthuse and engage others. Edward actively contributes to the schools he works in in a variety of extra-curricular activities. He has run debating Clubs been a swimming and diving coach as well as directing several drama productions.
With a sound knowledge of the education sector particularly within South East Asia Edward has successfully worked on the redefinition and development of various schools often integrating international curriculum and practices into formerly national institutions.
• 06/1998 BE’D (Hons) Secondary English. First Class University of Birmingham
• 06/2001 BA (Hons) Theology & Expressive English 2.1. Newman University
Teaching Work History
06/2015/ 06/2016 - Education Consultant,
• Advising school principals on leadership and policy making.
• Advising private schools on curriculum and developing an international school culture.
• Handing all administration for adoption of the CIE or alternative international curriculum.
• Writing of integrated curriculum, syllabuses and developing cross-curricular links.
• Training teachers in interactive and international best practice teaching.
• Sourcing, interviewing and recruiting teachers.
01/2013 - 06/2015 Deputy Head of Secondary, Taylor’s International School. Malaysia
General Leadership of the Secondary School to include:
• Leading improvements in student wellbeing, whole community involvement
• Secondary School Development Plan
• Teaching and Learning Development through a comprehensive CPD initiative.
• Embedding Restorative Practices within pastoral teams and during lessons
• Development of clear communication pathways throughout the school
• Embedding the use of CAT data to aid tracking progression through all key stages
• Over hauling the staff appraisal system
• Sourcing, interviewing and recruiting staff.
• Development and implementation of a comprehensive induction programme for new staff
• Presenting a workshop on ‘Developing a Leadership Culture
• Overseeing of exam entries for Cambridge International Examinations
• Recruitment and staffing management
• Leading a team of 80 staff to provide exceptional educational experiences to 800 students.
08/2010 - 12/2012 Coordinating Principal, Mimi School Surabaya, Indonesia
General leadership of the whole school to include:
• Planning, Intitiation and implementation of CIE Accreditation.
• Establishing, coordinating and developing a bi-lingual curriculum
• Recruitment and staffing management
• Writing a whole school 5 year strategic plan
• Overseeing and writing syllabuses for integrated curriculum
• Training teachers in all aspects of international school teaching.
• Leading a team of 50 teachers to providw a good standard of education
• Ensuring the smooth running of the school from Early years to Grade 12.
08/2007 - 06/2010 Head of English ACS international School Jakarta, Indonesia
• Teaching IB English literature and English Language, Teaching IGCSE First language and literature.
• Assessing TOK papers and presentations.
• Supervising extended essays in my subject area
• Involved in extra curricular Drama
08/2005 - 06/2007 Head of English Albyn School, Aberdeen Scotland UK
• Redesigning and developing the English Department.
• Day to day running of department and teachers,
• Time tabling and assigning teachers classes,
• Organising department budget.
• Teaching IB English Literature and Language & IGCSE Drama. Achieved excellent results
08/2003 - 06/2005 English, Drama & P.E. teacher St. Andrews school, Turi, Kenya
• Teaching IGCSE English and Physical Education
• House Tutor
• Swimming Team coach
08/2001 - 06/2003 English Teacher Rannoch School, Scotland, UK,
• Teaching English Literature for GCSE and A level, gained excellent results.
• Swimming and Kyaking coach.
• Running drama productions
Other Relevant Training courses
CIE IGCSE Assessor for English First language, Second language & literature.
IB Diploma language and Literature training
Teaching Shakespeare (University of Warwick)
Analysing CAT 4 tests (GL Assessments)
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|