We're here to have fun and keep it deliciously simple, so let's get you cooking incredible meals with ease. Life is hard enough, we don't need to overcomplicate it. You'll have your friends and family begging to eat with you.
Life is too short to eat bad food. I grew up cooking from a young age and it's been my passion ever since. I believe there are basic go-tos that anyone can learn and I'm always here to help you.
Booth, United Kingdom | B2G and B2B Below-The-Line marketing agency March 2018 to date
Marketing and Events Director / Founder
• Achieved a 35% net profit margin in the company’s founding year and 40% in the second, becoming a local industry leader in B2B and B2G based marketing services
• Set ambitious two to three-year financial projections, based on detailed tender forecasting and future contract revenue analysis
• Key project manager for the delivery of City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality’s 6-figure, United Kingdom based marketing projects, culminating in receiving the 2019 Best Marketing Execution Award at the World Travel Market, London
Square BV, The Netherlands | Creative agency dedicated to brands, events, artists and bands May 2018 to October 2020
Senior Account Director
• Exceeded annual sales targets, focusing on global events to identify immediate and future market share potential, and attracted global, blue-chip, telecommunications clients in Ruckus Networks, Huawei, Tejas Networks, YahLink and Voestalpine
• Led all sales and marketing communications for the company, streamlining customer interaction and satisfaction monitoring by managing all SaaS suppliers and the smooth global implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
• Managed the delivery of large, international project implementations, applying industrial design knowledge and experience to accurately present detailed progress to the clients and seamlessly guide the project from tender to handover
• Played a lead role in the award-winning stand design and installation for Ruckus Wireless at the AfricaCOM 2018 conference, receiving the award for “Best Stand Design and Execution”
Whaam Concepts, Cape Town | Face to face marketing and communications agency May 2015 to February 2018
Sales and Marketing Director / Co-Founder
• Developed the company’s core service offerings, growing sales pipelines and renewable revenue streams to land contracts with international clients, spread across 4 continents, increasing overall revenue by 35% within the first two years of joining
• Recruited, mentored, and led a team of 4 Sales Executives, Senior Project Managers, and Technical Support Operatives to meet the demands of the company’s rapid growth, increasing overall revenue by 80% over a 3-year period
• Identified and negotiated lucrative contracts to roll-out national retail outlets for Hisense, Seattle Coffee and WeFix
Scan Display Solutions, Cape Town | Trade show and brand activation marketing agency May 2011 to May 2015
• Built a client portfolio from zero clients to over 40 B2B and B2G clients within a 4-year period, most notably Virgin Active, VISA, Mauritius Tourism, Inkript, Transnet, City of Tshwane and CPUT in the financial, FMCG and tourism sectors
• Applied skilled project management ability to successfully deliver five, 6-figure projects to the Southern and East African regions simultaneously, achieving the company’s highest sales figures in 2013 and 2015
• Increased business profit margins by 20% following detailed analysis and implementation of best practice costing exercises and directing the daily operations of the design and production teams to drive business objectives well above set KPIs
• Employed unique “Living Standards Measure” marketing strategies to successfully secure the company’s first ever national retail client in Choice Clothing, managing the roll-out of new store layouts across Southern Africa
Circle Concepts, Cape Town | Trade show and brand activation marketing agency July 2009 to April 2011
• Instrumental in winning two lucrative, long-term contracts with Virgin Active and African Hotels & Adventures, utilising a wealth of design knowledge, advanced presentation techniques and innovative designs to satisfy the clients’ brief requirements
• Developed and introduced new, company-wide policies and project management guidelines to streamline project delivery SLAs
Earlier Professional History
System Designer, OnePoint618, Cape Town, December 2009 to July 2010
Education & Courses
BTech, Industrial Design, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, 2006 to 2009
MA, Interaction Design, Malmö University, Sweden, 2008 | MBA, Condensed Course, Udemy, 2020
Key Interpersonal Skills: Problem Solving | Critical Thinking | Adaptability | Perseverance | Decision Making | Diligence
First and foremost, Patrick is a brilliant chef. He has a genuine passion for food, cooking, and teaching. I would highly recommend him. In years gone by, I ate an unhealthy amount of take-away pizza, but now I feel confident and capable in the kitchen - thanks to Pat! His passion and enthusiasm are matched only by his knowledge and understanding of ingredients and techniques. I look forward to learning more in the future.
As someone who has lived with Patrick for a period of time, I get to enjoy his sumptuous meals on a regular basis. As a not so keen or skilled cook myself, I have learnt a lot from Patrick- he is patient and has a great ability to explain and demonstrate, from basic skills through to his favourite meals. On top of that he has reignited my passion for food, as his is infectious! He continues to teach me so much and in such an easy and comprehensible manner, all whilst having a blast!
Patrick has a unique talent in understanding how foods work together, as well as the impact of taste and consistency on the palate. I have eaten quite a few meals prepared by him, and each one has been carefully thought out and put together. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him as a tutor both for everyday cooking and for entertaining. Best wishes Patrick, from Joan
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest easy cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, healthy cooking lessons for all!
Taking italian cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|