Whatever your goals with music, I aim to make lessons fun and motivating. Feel free to get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Cello, Chamber Music, Music Theory and Musicianship.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a diploma from Juilliard, a BA from Columbia University (in New York City), and an MA in Cello Performance from the Royal Academy of Music.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £35/hour for cello, £30/hour for other subjects.
Skype lessons are £30/hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at students' homes as well as my own flat. I am based in St Albans, but am often in London for work, so I am also able to do some teaching there. Areas covered include: Hemel Hempstead, Luton, Hitchin, Bedford, Harpenden, Watford, Borehamwood, Bushy, Hampstead.
- When are you available?
I have a flexible schedule, so if you get in touch, we can work out a time that best suits you!
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels; I can take students through all the grades, diploma, and even further if you want to play professionally or go to a conservatoire!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare my students for all exam levels as well as diploma and beyond. If they don't want to do exams, that is also fine!
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I teach some students over Skype
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have nearly 10 years of teaching experience, and I am currently completing my LRAM qualification.
I am on faculty at the Royal Academy's Junior Academy in the First Strings Experience division. I am also a chamber music coach at the popular Pro Corda courses, where I am a Leverhulme Fellow.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at Juilliard and The Royal Academy of Music.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of Southbank Sinfonia and the Street Orchestra of London. I am also on faculty at the Royal Academy of Music's Junior Academy as a First Strings Experience cello instructor and I am a chamber coach for Pro Corda.
• Columbia University, BA
• The Royal Academy of Music, MA
• DBS certified
• Southbank Sinfonia, Royal Academy of Music Junior Academy Tutor, Pro Corda Leverhulme Chamber Music Fellow
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|