My teaching method is focused on deep understanding through visualization and chunking so that the information needed for assignments and exams can be used in the future for job tests and for day to day life. I like to explain the theory first, to work on examples but also to create the right mental environment for the student to work with confidence by himself.
I'm an engineer and a physics graduate. During my aerospace engineering degree, I gave math and physics lessons for 6-7 years, five of them in Romania.
I'm patient because my student's progress it's my own progress and I would explain the same thing twice rather than leaving space for ambiguity. I'm passionate about science and curious about everything. For example, I recently found out why do we feel the sweet taste and about lugduname that is 300 000 times as sweet as sugar.
2011 – Present Maths and Science Tutor
- Teaching maths and science to children in a multi-sensory way. Imaginative use of teaching materials to enhance engagement and extend the student
- Teaching students materials resistance, mechanics and thermodynamics using SMART strategies to simplify the process of problem-solving
- Developing lifelong learning skills and being able to explain complicated mathematical problems using simple analogies.
- Cultivating in students what Richard Feynman called: “the pleasure of finding things out.”
Aug 2017 – Sept 2017 Swansea Paid Internship (SPIN), Oriel Science, Swansea, UK
- Intern tasked with a four week project to research scientists of note from Swansea, with the purpose of highlighting the rich scientific history of science in Swansea
- Joined the design team to create a captivating gallery to promote science to the general public
Jun – Sept 2016 Science Communicator, Astronomical Institute of Romanian Academy, Bucharest
- Paid role joining a team of educators and science communicators on the summer program at
- Tasked with running planetary workshops for children
- The fully inclusive program so I developed techniques to include learners with ADHD and dyslexia
May-Sept 2019 Early Stage Researcher, Astronomical Institute Of Romanian Academy, Bucharest
- Taking pictures of the sun using Maxim DL
- Selecting images of the sunspots
- Observing the sun in white light and also in H alpha under supervision
Jun 2014 – Oct 2015 Intern, National Institute for Aerospace Research “Elie Carafoli,” Bucharest
- Assisting the Airplane Models Department
- Attending at testing demonstrations in the Supersonic Wind Tunnel.
- Improving skills in CATIA V6
IT Skills – Microsoft Office, Photoshop , Python, CATIA V6, Origin, Lab View, Wolfram, Mathematica, Mathcad, Wordpress.
I have lived independently in new countries to understand different cultures and learn new languages. I enjoy psychology as well as reading around neuroscience, especially as it relates to how to learn. I enjoy being creative and painting poetry (ekphrastic poems like Glossa by Mihai Eminescu) because it cultivates my imagination for abstract notions and fosters my ability to handle unfamiliar concepts. I enjoy the outdoors, play tennis and practice mindfulness.
Amina was my tutor in highschool. She helped me prepare for the A levels. I did Maths for 5 months with her and managed to get a straight A. She has really good methods and lots of patience and she never let me leave the class without understanding the course. Thanks, Amina
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|