My teaching method focuses on student engagement and dedication on my part. I hope to engage all the students I work with enthusiasm for learning the subject, not just memorizing facts! I believe that once excitement for art history has been piqued, then learning becomes easy and enjoyable. I have particular specialty in the Italian Renaissance and Baroque period, and American/European Modern art. I can assist students with anything from making flashcards and memorizing dates, to proof-reading essays and preparing for exams.
I was a self-described nerd as a kid, and I continue to have a passion for history and art and a zeal for research and a well-formed argument. I recently completed my undergraduate B.A. at Bryn Mawr College where I majored in Art History. I Graduated in 2019 with honors and Magna cum laude. My love for art history has brought me to London, where I am currently earning my M.A. degree in Art History at the Courtauld Institute of Art. As a History of Art scholar, I am constantly absorbing new and exciting texts, and I hope to be able to bring my trained skills in research and analysis to the students I work with. I have worked with children since the age of 13 and my experiences working with children have enriched my life, as I gained the ability to interact and connect with people of all different ages and backgrounds. In my spare time I am taking Latin for the first time and love the thrill of learning something completely new for fun.
Courtauld Institute of Art London, UK MA EXPECTED July 2020
Specialization: History of Art
Concentration: Italian Renaissance
Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr, USA B.A. May 2019
Major: History of Art
Sotheby’s Institute of Art: Art and Business London, UK
FALL SEMESTER ABROAD 2017
A dual emphasis history of art and business of art program, aimed at exploring the emergence of art markets, the process of collecting art, and the history and development of Modern and Contemporary art.
Berkeley High School, USA
IB Exams: History- 5 and English-6
AP Exams: History of Art- 5 (highest grade available)
Children’s Creativity Museum, CA
Education Intern| May 2017 – August 2017
• Facilitated experiential workshops for groups of children aged 4-12, designed to promote art and science creativity and experimentation in an educational museum setting.
• Interacted with hundreds of children and families every day, from all backgrounds and of all language proficiencies.
Monkey Business Camp, CA
Lead Camp Counselor | June 2013 – December 2016
• Managed the camp’s schedule and coordinated with fellow counselors to ensure the efficient running of the camp and the enjoyment of the children.
• Developed and facilitated a variety of activities, including arts and crafts, cooking projects, and games, for 15-30 children aged 4-6.
• Trained youth leaders, aged 11-15, in conflict resolution and project facilitation through small activities and games.
art history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|