- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 8h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
CRB/ DBS checked to work with Children and Schools, With 7 years plus Experience in the dance world, Self Thought Dance Teacher for Major dance styles in and around London
- at their home
- at your home
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Seam will be happy to arrange your first Dance lesson.
About the lesson
My teaching methods include the basics of movement for all body parts (isolation techniques) musicality & teach you how to have fun most importantly.
I am a strong practitioner/ believer in :
1. Leading, Creating & helping you find your own style of unique style of dance . I don't like to force people to do choreography or dance in a way they do not enjoy. There is no perfect way of dancing. No pressure, just fun!
2. Assist you to unlock your key strengths & weaknesses then we will work together to improve those qualities
3. Dance should be fun & not a chore or something hard to do. I will guide you & show you how its done
4. I am living proof that individuals or groups of any age can learn to dance & age is not a limitation. I myself found my love for dance at 24 years old :) so don't compare or judge yourself.
- Hip Hop Dance
- Contemporary Dance
- All Levels
I am currently DBS/CRB certified to work with minors/ teens/ schools. I currently freelance & teach dance to secondary school children in London, in studios to students of all ages and teach dance as an after school activity etc.
I am a self taught dancer/ teacher. I learned dance from scratch, by performing around UK, dancing in clubs, competing in dance competition shows/ dance battles, Hosting dance events in London with other dancers(team) & individually.
I have thought groups, individuals throughout Europe including Poland, Lithuania and London internationally. I have had experience teaching both minors & mature students wanting to just have fun & learn to move their body to the music of their choice/ learn the basics of movement to music and dance. I am qualified with over 7 years of experience in the dance world and major in Dance styles such as hip hop, street dance, contemporary and break dancing.
More can be seen on the video below of me teaching on the streets of Poland to local children :)
Perfect! Very good tutor! Seam has a very effective methodology. You will quickly make progress! Don't hesitate
Perfect! Seam's dance lessons were fun and I learnt loads about the fundamentals of street and break dance. He also helped me become more free/loose. He is very attentive to your dancing needs and I highly recommend him!
Perfect! Great guy. Very helpful and happy to focus on the things I specifically wanted to improve whilst getting me out of my comfort zone. Thanks a lot Seam!
Perfect! Had my first meeting with Seam just yesterday and we are off to a great start. Right off the bat, he is great at making it a collaborative and comfortable environment for students, it was really easy to feel at ease and have a productive conversation about goals and bottlenecks. Would recommend wholeheartedly.
Perfect! Very patient and energetic.
- Seam's response : Alex’s kids are full of energy amd vibrant and really random. We had a great session in my studio playing and learning about dance rhythms & movements
Perfect! Seam is patient, warm, enthusiastic, and supportive. He was quick to make me feel at ease, and made it a safe environment to make mistakes and learn at my own pace. I had a lot of fun!
- Seam's response : Clara is one of my favourite students she is new to the dance world in one lesson she managed to learn the basics of voguing & techno shuffle. Keep it up Clara
Perfect! Amazing tutor, gets to know your weakness and helps to strengthen them!!
- Seam's response : One of my best students who is a professional dancer as well came to me to brush up some moves and techniques in hip hop. Very enthusiastic and positive mindset
Perfect! Very good teacher, slow break down of dance moves and you can see he really enjoys and is passionate about dancing which is good to see it makes you loosen up more which is what i need, its fun and time went to quickly, already felt my awful co-ordination already improving!
- Seam's response : Tommy is very patient and energetic. He definitely has the potential for a dance student. He is able to follow instructions with detail and maintain the learning process and also enjoy the process. Really enjoyed teaching Tom. Looking forward to our next session mate
Perfect! Seam is an excellent dance teacher and very easy to quickly get on with and feel relaxed. I was apprehensive with what to expect from a personal perspective but we quickly got into understanding concepts and move and I was really pleased with how well the first session went :) Definitely go with Seam if you are thinking about it
- Seam's response : Eugene is a great student. He is new to the dance world but he has the discipline and focus a new student needs to improve and learn a new skill. I’m happy to teach him & help him grow. Looking forward to our next session
Perfect! Today I had my first lesson with Seam, he’s an amazing teacher, makes you feel comfortable from the beginning I’m definitely going to be taking more classes with him
- Seam's response : Sanad is one of my favourite students hands down. He is into learning hip hop dance & easily a fun student to get along, teach and lead choreography with. We even made our own set of dance moves for our first session. How cool is this guy? Looking forward to our next session Sanad keep it up
Perfect! Seam is a great tutor! Super easy to get on with, very attentive, full of good energy.
Already feel alot more confident as a dancer. Seam has alot of passion for dance and you can see this when he teachers you. Already looking to book again. Boom.
- Seam's response : Great student, professional dancer who sought me out all the way from Norwich & travelled to London to my studio to update her dance moves & styles.
One of my favourite students and a regular student from now on.
Excellent! Seam is very passionate about dance and does a great job of listening to me, the student, helping connect the instruction to my desires and aims. I’m aiming to be back dancing with Seam when the restrictions ease :-)
- Seam's response : Tomas is very keen on learning having precious experiences in salsa partner dance, we are going through the theory & world of couple dancing. He is very organised and fun to teach, easy to get along with and super friendly.
Perfect! Very easy to get on with. Clear and focused on meeting your goals. A very good experience.
- Seam's response : Liam is a great student with positive mindset and willing to always learn new things from me we had a great time vibing and exchanging dance moves he is very capable
Perfect! Seam is an excellent teacher. It was my son's dream to be part of the dance troupe at his school and with Seam's help, he has been able to achieve this. Seam has taken the time and devoted his patience to help him, in just 5 classes, my son has become more confident and has learnt many Hip Hop moves. Now he is taking classes from him every week; Seam works with my son's ideas and energy and always keeps him engaged and focused throughout the sessions. Thank you Seam!
Perfect! Seam is very approachable and quickly creates comfort zone between student. It was my first experience with dance classes and I wasn't sure what to expect. To my surprise I had so much fun with him. It was also good "cardio" training for me.
We have had so far 2 sessions during which he showed me two choreography. He was explaining every move very detailed and helped me to learn it quickly. Im excited for future classes with him.
Perfect! Seam is patient, a good listener, works at your pace and is flexible. He enjoys dance and as I am a complete beginner, he helps me to enjoy dance as well. He is very good at what he does an I would recommend him to all levels of students as he doesn’t mind adjusting his instruction to match your abilities! Thanks, Seam, for being my tutor!
Perfect! Seam used a very holistic approach to teaching me how to dance. Overall it was a great experience and I am definitely looking forward to the next session
- Seam's response : Great student keen to learn & follow my lead really proud of you Jabbar for breaking through your personal boundaries during our 2 hour lesson. Payments made swift & reliable person thanks looking forward to our next sesh please practice for the moment
I thought that my lesson with Seam was incredible. I felt very comfortable with him, we bonded very easily and I can't wait to learn more from the master of all teachers!
- Seam's response : Magnus is one of my favourite students he is not shy to express himself in front of the mirror or myself when we have our lessons and be himself he is very creative naturally in movements and inspires me to be the best teacher everytime I teach him so far we had one lesson but I'm looking forward for our next sessions soon epic
Perfect! Seam has great energy and I felt really comfortable with him as soon as we met. He shared some interesting elements involved in dance which helped me understand the intention of dancing. His routine was a good level where I could follow and feel good doing it but still challenging with some of the body parts and moves used. He was very encouraging during the process of learning and I would definitely recommend Seam to anybody wanting to improve their dance skills or start from a complete beginner.
Perfect! I highly recommend Seam. He is very kind and makes you feel comfortable. He clearly loves dancing and takes teaching seriously.
- Seam's response : Christine is very open minded when it comes to learning dance from scratch and very quick at picking up new skills. I’m very impressed with her mindset & dedication to learn dance. She is really inspiring as a student for me. I’m really enjoying teaching her
Perfect! Seam is a great teacher. He really gets on well with my son who is only 6 years old. They clicked right from the first lesson. Seam is very passionate about dancing, creative and patient which is very important with young children. He keeps my son motivated throughout the lesson. My son who easily gets board seems to have a lot of fun.
- Seam's response : Joanna’s son, Adam is an extraordinary student. He is one of my favourite pupils & easy, fun , respectful students to get along with. We have the best time every lesson & I enjoy teaching him basics of dance. Joanna is a engaging parent who provides the best experience / environment for us in every lesson. I am really happy to teach this family :)
Excellent! Seam is awesome. He is professional and i enjoy my lessons with him. He is easy to get along with. I always look forward to learning new dance moves :)
- Seam's response : Ifat is a great student full of energy & life. She is a role model for women, especially women of the Asian community. She is a born dancer & expressive talent. I don’t have to push hard & try to teach her. She is matured & respectable as a dance student. I really didn’t have a hard time teaching her. Such a epic experience. I’m happy to continue teaching her :)
Perfect! I would highly recommend Seam to dancers of all levels. I am a complete beginner who lacked confidence to watch myself move in the mirror but Seam has helped me to develop so much in a short period of time. He doesnt just teach the techniques but takes the time to make sure you understand the basics of dancing and communicates really well. I feel like i am in good hands with him!
- Seam's response : Ruby is a natural mover and dancer. All she needed was positive constructive feedback & she is already on her way to mastering personalised choreo to hip hop music & basics of movements, musicality. She is easy to get along with and easy to teach. I recommend her as a student & would love to continue teaching her & passing down my knowledge to this epic student :)
Perfect! Working with Seam has been an incredible experience. It’s more than just a dance lesson. He takes time to understand the needs of the student. His passion for dance is undeniable and you can feel he is invested in his students growth. Seam made me feel at ease and the the result was a really fun lesson. In addition he not only teaches you the practical aspects of dance but also the theory behind what you’re doing, which was intriguing for me. I’ve also been given homework to go away to do to help me improve which is great!Seam’s way is very encouraging and makes you want to keep going and get better. Thank you Seam I’m very grateful and can’t wait for our next lesson!
- Seam's response : Leanne is a great student. She is attentive & curious to learn. It was easy for me to communicate & teach my 1st Dance lesson. Interesting personality & intelligent student. I highly recommend her as a student.
View more reviews
Seam is a great teacher who works hard with each student individually, adapting his teaching style to suit the students needs. He is easy to get along with and time spent together is always fun, I would highly recommend him as a teacher, not only for his skills but also for his character.
He is very empathetic and generous with his time. A born leader, Seam is very good at assessing your strengths and modulating you accordingly. 10/10 would recommend.
friendly, charismatic and make people feels motivated when he teaches and shows his moves. For example one of my experience is being friends with him for a long time and when we play a game, we will focus on a goal and achieve it
The 1st time that I met Seam, we went out to a bar and he stunned everyone by dominating the dance floor. He then gave me tips on how to be confident and own the dancefloor, and it worked
Everyone is capable of passing information on to its students but to pass on the information about it with love and passion not everyone is capable of doing so well as Seam.
Seam is a person that dances his life as he lives. He has the love for dancing and is great at passing the excitement and motivation to others. He is grate with coaching and communicating with adults so as the kids. His friendly character making him easy to uproach and create a good relationship and learn dancing through relaxed and expressive vibes.
Seam is an exceptional and radiant tutor! His enthusiasm, patience and ability to take my needs into account. Cheers Seam
He is a fantastic dance teacher. Full of energy and enthusiasm. Definitely recommending. His classes are fun!
Seam is honest and loves bringing the best out of those he gets to work with.
Very attentive as a teacher, in-depth with his explanations. A positive, amicable and friendly human being, with a devoted passion for dance and music.
Seam has good character and is easy to get along with. You will not be disappointed by his lessons as he has a natural talent at dancing. I would highly recommend.
Really glad having met Seam. If I was asked eho I think of combining dance and passion it would definitely be him! Seam is a lovely person, a skilled dancer, a supportive friend and last but not least an excellent tutor.
Really glad having met Seam. If I was asked who I think of when combining dance and passion it would definitely be him! Seam is a lovely person, a skilled dancer, a supportive friend and last but not least an excellent tutor.
I haven’t taken a dance lesson from Seam, but I saw him dancing. He’s very charismatic and great dancer. I know him for almost 2 years and can say he’s friendly and it’s easy to get along with him.
He taught my dog how to dance.
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.. well this man taught my old dog how to jive.
He’s articulate himself very clearly and a helpful guide. He understands patience and works towards helping others to learn at their pace.
Sams a great dancer and very charismatic, when he dances he can really draw a crowd- super friendly in person and easy to get along with
Knowing Seam for over 2 years, i can truly say that he is an inspiration to many. His ambition and determination to everything he does in life reflects in his dancing. Seam's optimistic attitude towards everything creates a positive atmosphere which many want to part of. To say that Seam is a fantastic teacher is a great understatement. His knowledge in dancing is of great usefulness which can help numerous of people learn and achieve a variety of skills. Seam is an inspiration, he is a leader, but above all that, Seam is a friend.
I haven't had dance lessons from Seam, but I know he has a ton of enthusiasm and positivity and pushes people to bring out their best. He's trustworthy and he's got the moves to match!
Very energetic and talented tutor. Great with kids and can get them to engage and participate without any problem. I couldn’t recommend Seam highly enough. A great tutor is definitely one that has a passion for their art, and this describes Seam perfectly. He is dedicated and his method of teaching makes the classes fun, and with the least amount of frustration possible for new learners. Thank you so much for all your effort and for sharing your talent.
Sam? Oh, yeah! He't the funniest, collest and great Superprof you can have! You're not only gonna dance, you'll loooove it! Because he'll inspire you to live the dance, to live and looove life, baby!
View more recommendations
- 5h: £150
- 10h: £280
- + ££15
1. A PRE DEPOSIT UPFRONT PAYMENT to is required to secure time slot for each dance lesson or lessons to avoid any problems with cancellation, curtailment and no-shows from both sides. (Subject to refund if eligible fairly)
2. Lesson & or Travel prices varies depending on London zones 1-4 & outside these zones are different P.O.A (Price on application) charged based on for example; travel time, ticket fares, peak/ off peak hours etc.
3. Multiple lessons Discount Offers available. Please ask when booking.
Find out more about Seam
What age did you start playing sport? Tell us about this time or moment in your life.
I didn't really have any support to play any sports when I was young so I started quite late in my
20's when I arrived in the UK. I was always fascinated by dance and for me this was a sport activity on its own. Around 2012 I started my journey to try to dance & explore different types of movement I failed to impress myself or others for next few years but finally I got in the flow & started to see progress & recognition from friends & others. I realised anyone can be good at any sports activity as long as they put in the hard work & have a vision where they want to be one day. Nothing is impossible now I teach dance to other dancers. Who would've believed this was possible lol
What are your favourite sports; those that you practice at a high level, a simple hobby, and a sport that you'd still like to discover?
Currently I am fascinated by Muay Thai ( Thai kickboxing) it's a high level combat sport. I started it last year in a gym near me I got inspired by YouTube videos of young orphan Thai kids that fight for a living in Thailand. Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts is becoming more popular around the world. I love to practice this daily I even invested in a mini gym equipment around my home so I don't have to go to the gym always I can wake up & kick some bags & feel the healthy adrenaline rush naturally. This sport changed my confidence in my physical abilities and positively effected my self esteem deeply. Because now by practicing this sport almost daily on a amateur level, I am aware of my physical capabilities and strengths / weaknesses & am more relaxed in day to day life knowing I can protect myself or my loved ones if necessary.
What gives you the motivation and passion to pursue your sport?
I am motivated by seeing other fighters sacrifice their physique to reach the top of the sport through hard work and discipline. This itself motivates me deeply as doing combat sports you sweat a lot and you feel the benefits of a calm mind and body and spirit instantly you don't have to wait long to reap the benefits that alone is another inspiration for me to improve daily and be the best in this sport.
Do you have a sporting achievement that you're particularly proud of?
I've never had a fight in my life with anyone. But seeing how dangerous things can get in the current world, because of Thai kickboxing I was able to spar aka. Play fight / practice fight many other amateur and professional kick-boxers. I lost and won some bouts and round and this alone I'm very proud of and it's a big achievement for me to learn to defend myself when someone is trying to hit you and you have to save yourself and hit them back lol it's also really fun and kind of like playing real life chess with your body parts haha
How have your achievements and challenges made you a better sportsperson?
Every day I practice dance in front of the mirror or punch/ kick bags in the gym is a achievement for me as many people have the choice to improve but they choose not to and I also know I can choose not to but I do and discipline myself so I'm really proud of myself everyday and it's very important to have such mindset if you not only want to master a skill or sport but also teach it to others as I'm doing through Superprof. Challenges are a part of life I welcome daily challenges without them life is boring and dead.
If you had to go for a jog with a famous athlete, who would you choose? And what questions would you ask them?
Hmmm... that's a tricky one. I would probably choose Connor McGregor. UFC champion and combat sport martial arts legend. I really admire his unbeatable mindset and attitude. There are days I watch his videos of him being cocky and arrogant just to inspire and motivate me to get my goals done for the day! When we are jogging together, I'd ask him many things and make notes of course but one of them would be, " what advise would you give your younger self that you know now and wished would've known when you were younger?" Etc. Advise from mentors are very crucial for my growth and I believe any student willing to master a from of skill or art.
How do you help people stay motivated?
Just being disciplined myself and doing what I love people can feel my energy and they somehow energetically get motivated being around me, speaking from experience. A lot of my students are motivated by my love for dance, practice and dedication. They see it in my skill and teaching methods. I always make sure we have open communication and constructive feedback between us and our relationship as teacher and student is always growing. They appreciate this and I also practice this in my personal life as much as possible.
What makes you a Superprof in sports?
Being able to do what I love and been blessed by Superprof to work together through a platform where I can freely share my skills, experience, knowledge & wisdom with others and get paid for it is definitely one of the perks of being the best teacher for dance in London. I'm currently the top rated teacher on the search engine and I have achieved it through hard work and focus and discipline. And of course through positive reviews from my students. I believe all this achievements in my teaching journey add up to my other parts of life and help me be super in not only sports but all other departments in my life. I'm very happy and fulfilled at the moment. Thanks for reading my answers and helping me achieve me dreams and goals. Keep it up Superprof!