I have excellent sewing skills and can help anyone who wants to learn how to use a sewing machine to either mend their clothes or create an outfit from the beginning to the end, We can amend existing patterns or make one from existing clothes that you have.
I can provide in-depth advice when leading towards the design development of sketches and brainstorm ideas towards building up a portfolio of work. I love to work with children and adults across all age groups.
Andrea has over 10 years industry experience working for Luxury womenswear brands across London such as Roksanda, Emilia Wickstead or Victoria Beckham offering one to one private sessions or small group sewing classes on anything and everything you would want to learn from beginner to advanced level.
If you are someone who always wanted to learn using sewing machine and mend your own clothes or create/ replicate your favourite dress, trousers in the fabric of your choice I can help you every step of the way. My greatest passion is to help others making clothes while adding their own personal stamp on them and see their faces light up when we combine our forces and create unique clothes that speak to your heart. Don't worry if you don't have sewing machine, I can bring mine and set up on your kitchen table.
Are you thinking of creating your own small capsule connection?
I will introduce you to the process of design development as we brainstorm through ideas for your niche capsule collection using strategy as real Fashion Designers in the industry.
The same goes for students as I offer guidance when creating your Portfolio or support your creative project.
I love nothing more than connecting with people passionate about making something that will stand the test of time and enhances their individial style while having fun as we play and have a laugh.
Sept and Feb 2020
EMILIA WICKSTEAD – London Fashion Week/ Freelance Handsewer
• Embroidery and final hand sewing and finishing touches on AW20 and SS21 collections
Nov to Dec 2019
ERDEM – Temporary Production Coordinator Support
• Daily support to production team; managing sealing process of patterns for grading / liaison in accordance with priorities in Critical path and smooth run of bulk production
Feb 19 / Sept 19
EMILIA WICKSTEAD – London Fashion Week /Freelance Handsewer
• Supporting role during SS and AW Fashion week
• Final hand sewing and finishing touches on collection during busiest period
Jan 19 – Aug 19
THE FASHION SCHOOL – Fashion Tutor
• Leading small afterschool classes for aspiring fashion designers to create individual pieces and ignite love for craftsmanship with fabrics that are ethically sourced and don’t harm the planet
May 16 – Nov 19
CATHERINE WALKER – Production/ Atelier Coordinator
• Management, planning and monitoring workforce in a small made – to –measure atelier in house, assistance during clients fittings in Chelsea showroom
• Review of workers performance, reporting to company director
Aug 15 – Apr 16
ROKSANDA – Production Assistant
• Supporting production team adhering to production development with overseas and UK manufacturers, creating technical PPS packs, attending fit meetings, QC production in London factories
Nov 13 – Jul 15
HEIDI KLEIN – E-Commerce Coordinator / Customer Service
• Driving online sales, clients consultation and daily performance of E-commerce platform to reach monthly targets, yearly turnover at £465k, reporting to E-commerce manager
• Processing sales through Magento; integration via Sage Pay and Pay Pal
Sep 09 – Aug 13
HEIDI KLEIN – Retail Supervisor/ Style Advisor
• Driving small retail team to increase sale performance and meet targets
• Managing stock levels, shop transfers, general maintenance and visual merchandising
• Updated weekly reports of store performance to store manager and human resources
Sep 09 – Nov 10
WILLIAM TEMPEST – Assistant Designer
• Small capsule collection development from pattern cutting to sewing first samples and regular visits to factories to ensure quality of bulk production, working on one off VIP projects
May – Oct 2009
VICTORIA BECKHAM – Design Internship
• Assisting to design and production manager on day to day basis within a busy studio
• Illustration - flat drawings for sales books S/S 2010
Sep 06 – May 09
LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION – Bachelor of Arts: Fashion Design and Marketing
• Graduated with Upper Second Class Honours 2:1
Jan – Mar 2006
LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION - Fashion history: The evolution of style
• Certificate of Attendance
Sep 1998 – Jun 2001
SECONDARY CLOTHING SCHOOL – Modelling and designing of Clothes, SLOVAKIA
• Passed with Honors
• Strong knowledge of Garment Construction and finishing techniques
• Strong understanding of Pattern cutting
• Creative Thinker, Fabric manipulation, recycling, circular fashion
• Sewing skills on Industrial machine, hand sewing techniques
• Fitting of made-to- measure garments /alterations /adjustments
• Administration, Planning and Organization skills
• Customer services/ Style Advice
• Illustration by hand, Basic Photoshop and Microsoft office
Perfect! I had the most amazing time with Andrea. We did 6 hours of sessions together overall I believe and we ended up making a pair of tailored pants and shirt. I'm a complete beginner and Andrea taught me from the basics up. I now feel totally comfortable using a sewing machine, ad cutting and measuring my own size / styles. It was truly a treat spending that time with her. I highly recommend!
Margot was an exceptionally enthusiastic student who was unafraid to start making her first project after 1st introduction session. In 5 hours she has stitched a beautiful pair of loose palazzo pants in a lovely cotton of her choice. She never used sewing machine in her life before and always wanted to learn I found her soft manner, delicate touch and open mi d the perfect springboard for learning a new skill which she can now build upon and expand investing in buying her own sewing machine. ( I have brought my own for our sessions and all was done within the comfort of one's kitchen table ;)
We truly connected and will remain in touch.
Andrea has been an absolutely wonderful weekly seeing teacher for our 9 year old daughter who is a keen seamstress in the making. Andrea is patient, thoughtful, kind and always brings such a lovely energy to our home. She always has new ideas for projects and adapts her teaching style with lots of innovation and flexibility.
I cannot recommend Andrea enough.
Andrea has been brilliant since the first class! Her enthusiasm for sewing is infectious and she is always full of ideas for a new project. She has helped me improve my sewing with her gentle and positive coaching and now I am taking on projects I never thought possible. She has a fine eye for detail and is also a great problem solver, giving me tips and tricks for how to amend things if I go wrong.
Andrea really understands her clients' individual style and needs and she always goes above and beyond, even picking up little extras like lining and adornments for me to use in my projects.
I would highly recommend Andrea!
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking embroidery lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|