My teaching methodology is based in socio-constructivism. As a psychologist, I am able to recognize and work with different learning styles. I consider important to understanding the goals and challenges of each person and from there, built together a creative and effective learning process using music, news, newspapers, films and other resources useful for daily life or for academic purposes if necessary.
I am a 34 years old man from Chile, I have a degree in psychologist and I am studying a Master in Education, Gender and International development in the Institute of Education at UCL.
I love to travel and read about different cultures. Besides Chile, I lived in USA, Peru and now I am in the UK but also I have visited many other countries and I see myself as a friendly person, passionate about education, films, and nature.
- BSC IN PSYCHOLOGY (2011) - CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF CHILE
- Master`s student in Education, Gender and International Development – University College of London -
- Diploma in Public Policies, Development and Poverty - UAH
I have been able to grow personally and professionally in jobs with a strong social core, which have allowed me to pursue and strengthen my commitment and interest in the development of people and their communities. My aims are to inject creativity and efficiency in all the social projects in which I am involved and to continue developing my skillset through working with a wide range of people. As a professional my experiences show outstanding communication, leadership and teamwork skills. I see myself as an effective and enthusiastic motivator with the ability to guide and generate cohesive teams.
Areas of interest and experience:
Educational Development Well-Being and Health Gender Equity
Leadership & Guidance
Creative & Critical Thinking
Education and social Media
Teaching and Mentoring
Emotional Support & Psychotherapy
- Provincial Coordinator of Kindergartens, Santiago – Chile
(Sep 2016 – Sep 2017)
• Design, plan, monitor and evaluate the supervision process of 98 kindergartens.
• Coordinate educational training processes for professionals
• Evaluate the performance of the Directors of kindergartens
• Directing a multidisciplinary team of 12 supervisors
• Lead weekly team meetings and provide guidance in monitoring and evaluation processes
• Conduct supportive field visits and activities with kindergartens.
- Project manager "School - Community" in Ayaviri, Peru (Volunteer for 18 months)
(Aug 2014 – Jan 2016)
• Strengthen the institutional educational projects of Ayaviri schools.
• Accompanying and guiding their directors, teachers and parents in pedagogical and accountability processes.
• Contribute to improving matters of pedagogical management, conviviality and family support.
• Advocate for human rights, Children’s rights and Women’s rights from a gender approach.
• Strengthening of life skills in a context of high vulnerability and poverty
- Regional Coordinator of Magallanes of the Educational Television Programme NOVASUR
(Jun 2013 - Aug 2014)
• Direct the Novasur program and represent the CNTV in the municipalities of Magallanes.
• Manage its resources, establish and coordinate its strategic alliances.
• Execute and disseminate its educational activities such as workshops and talks in relation to media education and gender equity with teachers and students.
• Manage the production of regional audiovisual productions.
- Professional in charge of the project "Youth and Children Orchestras of Punta Arenas"
(Mar 2012 – May 2013)
• Coordinate and implement social interventions aimed at children and young people with a high vulnerability index, members of the Youth Orchestras and Children of Punta Arenas.
• Manage public and private resources and funds.
• Develop projects around the strenghthening of skills and the protection of rights, manage the implementation process and follow up on results.
- UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - Universidad de Magallanes.
Academic Year 2013 – Chile
• Courses: Cognitive and Affective Development of the Child; Psychology of Development and Learning.
- UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - Universidad Santo Tomas.
First and second term 2013 Chile
• Course: Personal Skills Workshop – Social Work Career.
Master`s student: MA Education, Gender and International Development
Institute of Education (2017 – 2018)
Clinical / Educational Psycologist Degree – Faculty of Social Sciences
(2006 – 2011)
Diploma in Public Policies, Development and Poverty – UAH (2012)
Voluntary Work for: American Solidarity Foundation, Country Service for Chile, Youth Without Borders
Languages: Spanish (mother tongue); English (Academic Level EILTS: 7,5); French (Intermediate level)
Excellent! Carlos is a marvelous teacher. I recommend him highly.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|