My teaching methodology is to at first assess the learners ability and needs. From this I will put in place a teaching plan based on a combination of learning methods such as the Direct Method of repeating words and pronunciations in the language the learner is trying to learn together with relevant visual aids. The Communicative Language Teaching method which is an approach designed to help learners communicate more effectively and correctly in realistic situations that they may find themselves in. This type of teaching involves focusing on important functions like suggesting, thanking, inviting, complaining, and asking for directions to name but a few. Task Based Learning where students are expected to draw on their pre-existing knowledge of English to complete the task.
I am a housing professional who has previously taught English Language to children between the ages of 7 to 11 in a supplementary school setting. I have completed an Access Course into teaching and an ESOL teacher training course
Email: (concealed information)
Tel: (concealed information)5
02/01/19 – 11/2/2019
Temporary Income Assistant Wandle Housing Association
• Manage low level rent arrears in line with the organisations policies and procedures, in order to identify cases that require action to the Income Officer or Manager.
• Negotiate low level repayment agreements for low level arrears with residents and take corrective action where agreements are not maintained.
• Refer residents to welfare benefit and debt support services to ensure that residents are able to maximise their income by ensuring take up of any entitlement to benefits.
• Carry out administrative tasks such as processing housing benefit entitlement notifications; providing general administrative support, managing appointments for the team, updating the information centre and any other task as requested by the Income Manager
• Process the daily list of unpaid Direct Debits, to set up and amend Direct Debit payment agreements and issue payment cards to residents
• Identify vulnerable residents and make referrals to the resident support team to ensure appropriate support is put in place
• Support the Income team in delivering the strategic aims of the income service
• Support the Income team with the collection of Leasehold arrears
09/05/17 – 03/08/2018
Scheme Coordinator Clarion Housing
• Maintaining and co-ordinating diaries, arranging meetings and travel arrangements.
• Drafting letters and other correspondence.
• Arranging meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes.
• Dealing with a wide range of telephone enquiries from service users, internal departments and external sources and responding to these enquiries.
• Managing rent accounts and dealing with rent arrears
• Provide assistance, advice and support to tenants and colleagues to address arrears disputes
• Use of the full range of computer based services, including word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and use of the Intranet and Internet to make straightforward enquiries.
• Manage the office and create and maintain records of tenant files and file notes; Control Centre information records, incident Report log, diary, daily register, health & safety log, maintenance records, fire register, alarm system checks, care package, support plan and risk assessment information, arrears and housing benefit monitoring, arranging meetings Prepare agendas, taking, typing and distributing minutes
• Responsible for ensuring gas, heating, lifts and other mechanical or electrical systems are maintained
• Drafting letters and other correspondence.
• Identify invoicing problems and take appropriate measures to deal with them with other Managers
• Ensuring documentation is filed/archived, and the filing system is up to date
• Provide information to tenants and service provided to outside organisation
• Develop awareness and working relationship with community, domiciliary, health and social services.
• Co-ordinate packages of care on behalf of tenants including; liaising with care team and relatives where appropriate.
• Responsible for monitoring contractors and consultants to ensure compliance servicing, works and inspections are completed on time and to the specified standards.
• Conducting support plans as necessary, and ensuring that all support plans are reviewed annually.
• Promote a community spirit within the scheme through encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants, frequency as directed according to the scheme, and leading on liaison with families and friends.
• Responsible for the security of the building, including checking it is secure on a daily basis, and ensure the scheme meets health & safety requirements and report all observed and/or reported maintenance and repairs needs to the repairs / housing team.
20/09/16 – 9/3/2017
Referral and Data Lead Officer One Housing Group
• Leads on all issues relating to the customer experience for moving out and moving into a property.
• Develops excellent network with internal and external colleagues to ensure referrals and verifications that lead positively to lettings and void loss is minimized.
• Develops and maintain referrals database in live format for referrals
• Analyse referral and lettings data to identify trends across services, boroughs and make action plan to improve services
• Produce reports for voids and lettings on weekly basis for internal and external use.
• Demonstrates skills to positively influence internal and external colleagues to priority referrals and lettings.
• Responding to and resolving customer complaints within specified timescale
• Ensure that all complaints are acknowledged in a timely manner and customers are informed throughout the complaint process.
• Investigating, analysing and gathering information to respond to complaints.
• Develop household information management approach for all Housing, Care and Support services
• Actively promote collaboration across all housing services team to ensure customers have the best service
• Develop housing polices, processes and guides for housing, care and support staff.
• Demonstrate that appropriate action has been taken at the right time to minimize the financial loss to One Housing Group.
• Analyse performance through data, feedback, and discussion to improve working practices.
• Arrange, attend and process viewings of properties and complete sign ups
• Creating and ending tenancies and rent accounts
• Monitoring void loss across Housing, Care and Support services
20/04/2016 – 11/7/16
Resettlement Officer Langley Housing Trust (HMP Bedford)
• Maintain records, write reports, attend and organise meetings, and ensure that I am aware of up and coming housing solutions in the local area for the client group.
• Worked closely with Offender Management Case Managers; taking referrals and acting as a single point of contact for all complex housing needs identified.
• Support offenders in prison and in the community to overcome complex housing issues and to source, secure and sustain appropriate accommodation.
• Assessed offenders eligibility and support needs
• Used Oasys and NOMs to research information and generate risk assessment reports
• Secure safe and appropriate accommodation, providing advice on housing and benefits, and supporting individuals to make realistic decisions.
• Develop and maintain links with organisations, including housing associations, local authority housing departments, approved Private Rented Sector landlords, Community Rehabilitation Companies and welfare rights organisations to build a Housing Toolkit containing details of referral mechanisms, eligibility and booking processes for housing support.
30/11/2015 – 19/02/2016
Temporary Accommodation Officer Milton Keynes Council
• Monitoring tenants database, updating and amending tenants details
• Void management, lettings, tenancy management, rent arrears, repairs, landlord liaison etc
• Working in conjunction with all teams within Housing Options to ensure coordinated service delivery to statutorily homeless households.
• Providing support and advice to all temporary accommodation tenants
• Letting temporary accommodation properties allocated by Allocations Officers, ensuring relevant advice is provided to tenants and rent payment systems are commenced.
• Carried out sign-ups at the property or in Council offices.
• Working with the Income Officers to ensure that the team maximizes rental income, taking appropriate legal action where necessary.
• Ensuring that rent collection targets are met.
• Give advice on the availability of welfare and benefit services.
• To sign up all new tenants for temporary accommodation , complete leases and associated paperwork and explain to tenants the terms of their tenancy
01/06/2015 – 27/11/2015
Leasehold Collections Officer London Borough of Camden
• Complaint Resolution - investigate and respond to disputes arising from service charges or other lease issues.
• Undertake investigations following complaints relating to leaseholders as well as being alert to the potential for complaints and taking pre-emptive action.
• Use Northgate to investigate, create, monitor, record and check leaseholders’ information and generate correspondence.
• Completing Arrangement, Hold and Open reports within specified timescale
• Carrying out write back and write offs within specified timescale.
• Use TRIM database to file and retrieve information and carry out investigative research.
Responsible for the administration of leaseholder service charges, major works and ES accounts as well as other leasehold service income.
• Deal with all applications requiring permissions under the lease, responding within set timescales and raising administration charges where the lease allows.
• Monitor receipt income and ensure that appropriate action were taken to pursue outstanding debts, liaise with leaseholders, other officers and outside organisations.
Undertake recovery action and refer cases to legal services for recovery action if required.
• Deal with correspondence, telephone and counter enquiries relating to the collection of income and attend court representing the council as a witness in arrears recovery cases.
• Arranging and setting up payment plans, referring the collection of service charges/ major works arrears to lenders
• Preparing and answering solicitors enquiries regarding resale, re-mortgaging, notice of transfer and assignments
• Provide a customer focused service responding to leaseholder enquiries in accordance and ensure that all information provided is accurate and relevant and in a format that is suitable for the needs of the customer(s) concerned.
03/2/2015 – 31/05/2015
Housing Management Coordinator - Home Group
• Prepare reports on a monthly basis, compile statistics as required and use, maintain and update projects records and systems.
• Undertake property risk assessments and contribute to risk assessments relating to client issues, and follow incident reporting procedures as required
• Ensure that all routine safety checks and procedures are followed, and recorded as required
• Collating performance and compliance information as required for monitoring performance and service level agreements
• Liaising with residents on a daily basis regarding housing issues
• Carrying out weekly responsive arrears using Open Door database system
• Writing to tenants to arrange rent arrears appointments
• Calculating income and expenditure; making arrangements and monitoring accounts.
• Carrying out monthly rent arrears reports and submitting to management
• Coordinate rent and service charge collection to ensure that all housing management income is collected effectively and processed through appropriate systems in a timely manner
• Ensure that health and safety and property maintenance standards are met
• Collate performance and compliance information as required for monitoring performance and service level agreements
• Coordinate reviews of Service Level agreements with 3rd parties to ensure they are effective
• Ensure that void flats and rooms are let within timescales to ensure the service achieves maximum occupancy
• Carrying out routine weekly and daily safety checks and recorded as required
13/10/2014 - 10/12/2014
New Build Voids and Allocation Officer Affinity Sutton
• Completed CORE data accurately and submit on time.
• Carried out effective administration of all aspects of the job.
• Logged all correspondence with tenants on computer system.
• Updating spreadsheets with hand over dates, sign up, viewings etc.
• Allocate and Let properties within specified timescale to minimise rent loss
• Using Choice Base Letting database
• Liaised with development team and contractors to ensure that properties are ready for handover and let within target timescales.
• Liaised with prospective residents when arranging viewings, signups and dealing with complaints and queries.
• Worked with local authorities and Housing Associations to ensure that we offer our vacant homes to those most in need and in accordance with our agreements with them.
• Worked with management and neighbourhood teams to identify properties and areas that are becoming hard-to-let and contribute towards solutions.
• Worked with the development and housing teams, and local authorities to let all new homes promptly.
03/02/2014 – 18/09/2014
Housing Needs Officer BPHA
• Assessed housing applications; taking into consideration any special support needs, legal requirements, divided household, local connection, employment etc.
• Advertised properties while ensuring the quality of properties are consistent and meets the needs of the service
• Ensure households had access to the choice based lettings scheme
• Dealt with residents on the phone, via email or in person to solve a number of queries
• Allocate properties according to the choice based lettings scheme
• Responsible for keeping the CBL database to advertise, shortlist and allocate properties
• Assist with the sign-up process
• Received nominations from the Choice Based Lettings systems and contacting successful applicants
• Completed tenancy sign ups and new tenant interviews
• Monitored of void properties and ensuring they are allocated in line with company guidelines and time-scales
• Liaised with various divisions within the housing association
28/10/2013 07/02/2014 Viridian Housing
Deputy Property Manager
• Made sure all income related invoices were issued via Finance, and ensure that rent payments were posted accurately onto rent accounts or financial systems as applicable.
• Carried out void inspections and ensure repairs and re-lets are done within specified timescales
• Maintain waiting lists and transfer lists in accordance with the allocations / nomination policies
• Co-ordinate the allocations and lettings process ensuring all vacant properties are ready to let and allocated promptly
• Issued tenancy agreements and other legal paperwork and notices as part of the signing up process
• Assisted in the management of cleaning/estate services on-site by monitoring performance
• Managed and monitoring the procedure for allocation and receipt of keys.
• Assessed all applications; ensuring that applicants meets the required criteria for accommodation Carried out estate inspection while ensuring that all rooms and communal areas clean
• Liaised with key stakeholders so that income was maximised to the benefit of the organisation
• Ensure that rent increase notifications are issued as required and software systems updated to maintain accurate rent account records.
• Ensure receipts; banking and recording of payments were carried out correctly in line with Insurance Cover.
• Took prompt action to recover all arrears of rent or other payments and keeping accurate records at all times.
• Recharged residents appropriately for any damages to the accommodation or for discretionary services incurred e.g. lock changes.
• Ensure that petty cash was logged and replenished at regular intervals in accordance with corporate guidelines.
• Ensure that a high level of building maintenance was provided and that all repair orders were attended to within the priority response times and that maintenance contracts were adhered to.
• Ensure that the relevant software maintenance reporting system were kept up to date
• Ensure that residents and relevant partners were consulted and informed in advance regarding any building contractor refurbishment programmes
05/08/2013 to 25/10/2013 Metropolitan Housing
• Raised works order on Mworld computer system
• Liaised with contractors, Maintenance Surveyors and inspectors, internal departments and other agencies during the voids maintenance process
• Ensure all relevant information, certification and access keys were provided to the housing teams to allow re-lets to take place within specified timescale
• Report on operational progress by contractors and maintenance staff against performance targets
• Check and monitor voids handback from contractors
• Ensure that services provided maintains a high standard
• Maintain and update records and appropriate databases to ensure operational performance are properly measured
• Respond to contractors queries promptly to enable them to meet targets
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams to improve service effectiveness
25/03/2013 to 07/06/2013 - Bedford Borough Council
Welfare Grant Assessor
• Carried out full eligibility assessments and made decisions on applications by telephone and in writing from individuals for grants under the Council’s Local Welfare Provision Policy for ‘Crisis Grants, Living Expenses’ and ‘Home in the Community Grants’
• Clearly and fully document the reasons for decision made
• Interrogate Northgate Version 6 to gather information and enter data on the designated web based computer system
• Gather information and documentation required to determine eligibility with the Council’s Local Welfare Provision Policy to support all decisions. In addition, gather information from third parties such as other Council departments, housing associations, the DWP, HMRC, social workers, probation officers, employers
• Acquired and maintained a sound knowledge of welfare rights to maximise income for the client group by identifying potential entitlement to additional benefits and services and making a referral to an appropriate agency whilst ensuring the boundaries of confidentiality and good professional practice are maintained.
• Acquired and maintained knowledge of Borough’s Third Sector structure so as to be able to refer clients to appropriate advice and/or service provision.
• Arranged for payments and supply of goods and services for individuals and families who have been made an award under the Local Welfare Provision Policy via the Council’s financial management systems or by other agreed methods in accordance with the Council’s financial regulations and policies.
• Prepare requests for review of decisions for consideration by a Council Officer not involved in the original decision process and to formally notify the result in accordance within the timescales give in the Council’s Local Welfare Provision Policy.
15/10/2012 – 22/03/2013 - North Hertfordshire Homes
Temporary Neighbourhood Support Officer
• Provide customer service on a wide range of housing issues on the telephone and in person.
• Managed void terminations process, including key management and carrying out weekly terminations of tenancies in line with procedures.
• Update Locata database with medical points, priorities etc.
• Assessed registered applications in line with the Common Housing Allocations Scheme and set performance targets.
• Manage rent arrears; chasing via the use of letters and arranging agreed repayment plans.
• Processing housing and medical applications
• Provided advice and assistance to the public, regarding the Common Housing Allocations Scheme
• Processed applications for authorisation for tenancy changes, successions and assignments of tenancy including mutual exchanges in line with procedures
• Processed applications for court cases and evictions in line with procedures
• Provided advice and assistance to customers on the mutual exchange registered provider Homeswapper
• Managed and processed applications for mutual exchange via Homeswapper within agreed time frames
• Carried out Mutual Exchange sign ups
• Issued paint packs to new tenants in line with procedures.
• Contributed to effective budget management by coding all invoices correctly
• Processed all financial invoices and purchase orders in line with procedures
• Managed and recording all customer contacts via the organisation housing management system
• Opened, record and distribute post and dealt with collection of all outgoing post
• Ordering of office stationary
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2008 -2008 Edexcel
NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care (Pass)
2002 – 2005 University of Luton
BA Hons Criminology (2.1)
1991 – 1992 Woolwich College, Charlton
Access to B.Ed. (Pass)
1996 – 1996 Greenwich Community College
Introduction to Counselling (Pass)
1983 – 1984 Bedford College of Higher Education
Clerk Typist course: RSA Typing Grade I & II (Pass)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£120||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£240||Not available|