My teaching method is focused mainly on a discussion-based outline, with students preparing questions prior to a session, and discussing content I can provide and notes brought to the session. I find visual aids to be the most successful tool in teaching and presenting historic background, so one can expect to see many PowerPoint slides, YouTube videos, etc. I also like to encourage thorough note-taking, both in class, as well as in sessions with myself.
I am a current student at York University, studying Criminology and minoring in history. Throughout my high school career, I showed a high aptitude and interest in world history and was successful in maintaining high averages throughout high school. This interest has carried over into my university career and has inspired me to propel other students and their interests or questions about history. My current course content in post-secondary history classes has provided me with an extensive and creative look on events often discussed in OSSD curriculum, and with previous experience as a tutor and peer assistant throughout high school, I am enthusiastic about spreading more historic knowledge.
Cancelled classes on the day of the class will be charged as per the regular class fee.
YORK UNIVERSITY: CRIMINOLOGY & HISTORY
· York University for Honors Criminology
· Graduation year: 2023
AY JACKSON SS
· SHSM student
· Completed grades 10-12
· Ontario Scholar
Skills & Abilities
· Very comfortable with most Microsoft Office applications and tools, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Publisher
ADOBE PREMIERE/ILLUSTRATOR/AFTER EFFECTS/PHOTOSHOP
· Began working with Adobe applications approximately three years ago beginning with Photoshop
· Able to pick up skills and new techniques quickly and apply them when needed and most useful
· Integrated work across all platforms to create work such as instructional videos and movie trailers, as well as simple info videos and video editing
· Comfortable expressing and interacting with others in any setting in a friendly and outgoing manner
· Always willing to actively listen and participate in the discussion and able to convey ideas and express thoughts/concepts creatively
· Can pick up new skills quickly and effectively
· Able to apply problem-solving skills effectively and creatively
· Always willing to put in extra work, in a timely manner
· Can work individually or with groups productively
BACK SHOP ATTENDANT | BAYVIEW GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB | SEPTEMBER 2019 – CURRENT
· Seasonal part-time position
· Attend to all golf member’s requirements and needs, such as cleaning clubs, correctly storing clubs in the appropriate stall, driving members across course, etc.
· Customer service skills, one on one interactions with members, creating a friendly environment
· Ensure the cleanliness of the back-shop area, golf carts, pushcarts, and clubs
· Develop and maintain friendly relationships with members, staff, and colleagues
SALES REPRESENTATIVE | ASTORIA MARKETING | JUNE 2019 – AUGUST 2019
· Summer paid internship
· Provide financial advising and information for clients of the Canadian Tire Bank, through the marketing firm Astoria
· Provided financial assistance, mainly through credit cards
· Present pitch, correctly use marketing tactics and strategies, understand the target market
· Develop and maintain friendly relationships with clients and future clients
ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR/OFFICE ADMINISTRATION | GREENVIEW LODGE RETIREMENT HOME | JUL 2016 – AUG 2017
· Organize, lead and promote interest in recreational activities to residents
· Encouraged participants to develop their own activities and leadership skills
· Handled mail deliveries, phone calls, resident information input for system and program updates
YORK CRIMINOLOGY SOCIETY
· Director of Publications
· Responsible for assisting in layout and content for the monthly newsletter
DECA ONTARIO PROVINCIALS COMPETITOR (2019)
· Automotive Service Marketing Cluster
RELAY FOR LIFE COMMITTEE (2019)
· Fundraising committee member
SENIOR BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM (2019)
· Co-captain and starting power forward
· Coaches award
· Senior athletic letter of achievement
TRACK AND FIELD TEAM (2018 & 2019)
· Javelin Shotput
· Most improved award and coaches award recipient
· Senior athletic letter of achievement
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest civics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ethics lessons for all!
Taking social skills lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|