My teaching method is focused on ensuring that we formulate a plan to successfully achieve your desired goals, overcoming any obstacles during the process. I do this by basing my classes on material which is most relevant and useful to your studies. I will seek to identify early on, the best way you learn and retain information. I can then structure the lessons around this, as well as giving you helpful tips so that you maximise your skills.
My approach has been characterised as conscientious, efficient, strategically diligent, and adaptable.
As mentioned above, the content of my lessons will first and foremost be informed by your curriculum as well as your thoughts regarding your academic needs. I will then structure lessons to cover the material in a way that assists your understanding and helps you to retain the information so that exams are a breeze!
As a tutor I ask only that you are respectful and punctual. In return, I will respond in kind and I will help you with any issues you may be experiencing with your subjects.
*** Subject to timing, availability, and your curriculum content, lessons - via Skype/alternate mode of video chat/telephone/face-to-face - are negotiable. I'm happy to discuss this further. ***
I have been tutoring for 8+ years now, and since then I have tutored 30+ students at GCSE, A Level, and University level.
My rapport with my tutees is one which is supportive and encouraging: you possess the ability to achieve the grades, I simply assist you by pointing you in the right direction.
Listed below are results my previous tutees have achieved:
- GCSEs: A*-C pass rates
- A Levels/AS Levels: A*-C pass rates
- IB: 35-39 pass rates
- University: 1st-2:2 class honours (includes first year LLB, English Literature, English Language, and Philosophy).
- I have also assisted with 7+, 11+, and 13+ entrance exams as well as University entrance preparation (proofreading, revision, and exams): results include successful admissions.
• Durham University, 2016-2020 - LLB Year 1: 1st, 71.3% (ranked in top 1% in cohort)
LLB Year 2: 1st, 72.2% (ranked in top 1% in cohort)
• North Lindsey College, 2015-2016 - Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship: IT Software, Web and Telecoms Professional & Business Administration, Grade Pass
• McArthur Dean Training, 2014 - Level 2 Certificate in Business and Administration, Grade Pass
• Franklin Sixth Form College, 2011-2013 -
A Levels: English Literature (A), Philosophy (A*) and Classics Ancient History (A)
AS Levels: EPQ (A*) and French (B)
• St Bedes Catholic School, 2009-2011 - 10 GCSEs, Grades A*-C
BTEC IT, Grade Distinction*
I.T. Literate; proficient user of Microsoft Office package
• Herbert Smith Freehills LLP Runner-Up Prize, Durham University (Jun 2017) - Ranked top 10 after first year law exams.
• Hogan Lovells International LLP Prize for Tort Law, Durham University (Jun 2017) - Ranked first in the Tort law exam.
• Awarded Gold, IT Software Solutions for Businesses, WorldSkills (Jun 2016).
• Advanced Apprentice of the Year, North Lindsey College (Mar 2016).
Perfect! 'Well run and greatly organised, Amathul is trustworthy, greatly reliable, incredibly helpful, and punctual. Impeccable skills would recommend her strongly
It was a pleasure working with you Preeti, feel free to contact me if you require anything further!
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression lessons for all!
Taking 13 plus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|