My teaching method would be to work with children that are struggling on certain aspects of their mathematical work. I would do this by working through problems with them and helping them gain the knowledge and confidence to then be able to tackle more problems by themselves. I also believe it is important to make a bond with the child and try and keep the lessons light hearted and stress free. i am also willing to tutor in English such as comprehension, and sciences but will need some time to read up on the curriculum as it may have slightly changed since I did it.
I am currently in my gap year, having completed my Alevels in summer 2019, in Maths, Chemistry, and Physics, in which i obtained an A* in all three. Having just come home from a season of Ski instructing i have had plenty of experience dealing with young children and trying to keep them engaged in the lesson. I also worked at Kumon tutoring centre for 3 years, and have tutored privately for 11+ exams and GCSE's.
My rates will be the same no matter the ability of the student, and you will not have to pay any extra for travel costs etc.
I am 19 years old and have just come home due to the Corona virus from a season of Ski instructing after completing my sixth form education at Altrincham Grammar School for Girls. I have had a lot of experience interacting with customers, and listening to a range of people, both the elderly and children. I am quick learner with good time management skills, which I especially learnt in my last year of sixth form when I had to balance my A level studies, hockey and a social life. After my gap year I am studying physics at the University of Bristol.
• A level Chemistry, Physics, Maths (A*,A*,A*)
• Studied Spanish A level up until the end of year 12.
• GCSE Maths (9), English Language (9), 3 Sciences (A*,A*,A*), Spanish, geography, P.E, English lit (all obtained A*)
WORK EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEERING.
• From September to November I worked behind the bar in the Cheshire Tap, a local pub/bar in Altrincham. Having had no prior bar experience I had to learn to pick up skills very quickly and adapt to a very fast paced environment.
• I worked for 4 months at the ski school Rote Toufel, in Kitzbuhel, Austria this past winter, as a ski instructor. I had to interact with guests of all ages, and provide quality one-on-one and group lesson, which massively helped me improve my confidence, and responsibility.
• I worked at Kumon (a children’s tutoring organisation) for two years, which involved working with the children, by helping them out with the questions they couldn’t do, whilst also marking and recording their work.
• During my last two years in sixth form I gained waiting experience with the catering company FRANKS, in which I have catered at events such as weddings and charity balls. My role was to serve, and clear the food, which gave me experience in a very fast-paced environment.
• I volunteered at MHA care home for one and a half years, in which I interacted with the elderly patients, improving my communication skills.
• I have been tutoring two young girls in maths and English for the last year and planning lessons in advance has helped me with my organisation skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Full clean driving licence
• Fluent in Catalan and am confident in speaking Spanish
• Member of the school, Bowdon and county hockey team
• Took part in the NCS course
• Bronze and silver DofE
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|